PDA

View Full Version : Uk Police- incompetent?

Trickytreesreds
02-11-2014, 08:12 PM
The British Police have never been armed, except for tactical firearms units.
Everytime the issue of firearms for everyday use was raised, it was slapped down as unneeded/unwarranted/provocative.

So a safe alternative has slowly been introduced.
Tasers.

Today, after reading that in 2013 Tasers were used 10 380 times shocked the hell out of me. I'm just glad these bozos didn't get the real thing.
You have to ask, how the hell do you go from no offensive weapon, to 10 380 deployments in one year?

Among the people it has been used on( I have read several reports on this)

12 & 13 year old boys
An 11 year old girl, to save her from hurting herself?
A man in custody in the cells
And the creme de la creme,
A blind man, whose white cane was deemed to be a samurai sword?

I wouldn't pay these planks in washers.
The porker who shot the blind man, was just made to apologise? :? Me, I'd have sued the **** off them. - [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2590703/Police-use-taser-gu

Trickytreesreds
17-11-2014, 09:58 AM
There's a saying, "there's no bigger liar than a politician and no bigger crook than a copper".

The politician's are self evident, but the Coppers are going to be really close behind, now the gloves are off. - view external link (http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/met-police-to-hire-recruits-with-minor-convictions-9604807.html)

Romanis
17-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Well I suppose it could be worse, they could've hired dummies, just like the Prison Service did in your case! XD XD

Trickytreesreds
17-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Well I suppose it could be worse, they could've hired dummies, just like the Prison Service did in your case! XD XD

The truth comes out though doesn't it?

Still, when they bend the rules enough. You'll be able to come home and resume your post.

Romanis
17-11-2014, 06:50 PM

The truth comes out though doesn't it?

Still, when they bend the rules enough. You'll be able to come home and resume your post.[/quote]

Don't give me ideas. I actually was offered my old job back not too long, with a near certain guarantee of making DCI within 3 years.

Now that possibility would have sent shivers down a certain ex-member here. >;)

But anyways this is a stupid idea. Once you lower standards, you end up with crooks not cops. Miami Police did that once during the shortage in the 70s and 80s as did a number of US PDs. Know what happened? You ended up having bent cops, drug dealing cops and some even committed murder.

Trickytreesreds
17-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Exactly.

Yet they've changed just about every other aspect of the job. Height/***/race/intelligence, may as well go the whole hog.

Always amuses me watching the cop shows on the box. The copper vaulting gates and fences chasing the burglar in the dark.
Then there's two WPC's running down the middle of the street road, waving a torch and giving a running commentary on the radio.

About as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
If I was that copper, I'd be pissed off that those were on the same wages as me and yet they make sure they're not liable to get a kicking.
Saw the same thing at HMP. Woman and a man joins. Man ends up on a wing and the woman gets a nice cushy paper pushing job, away from all the **** for the same wages.