PDA

View Full Version : White Flag

VindePays2009
05-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Don't think Brendan Rogers knows the song by Dido, judging by the team he put out last night.

And the usual arguments - it was close, and the inexperienced players on the pitch will be better for the blooding - are being trotted out.

One hears them so often after an Alex performance, and I have a horrid feeling that Saturday could be another 'White Flag' day of our own. They do come round rather often.

Are we able to recall Vadaine?

Ken_SR
05-11-2014, 01:29 PM
I mean this in the nicest possible way but are you Alan Partridge in disguise? :)

AlexLeicester
05-11-2014, 02:58 PM
I can understand where you are coming from VdeP. :-? It'll be tough for Steve if we have Gerrard and Sterling on the bench!

I thought Liverpool played some good football last night. Real were always going to be the better individuals, but Liverpool kept it at a respectable scoreline.

I wasn't at Crawley, but by all accounts I've read that was no act of surrender from the Alex Young Boys 11. For Saturday I think you'll see a team and bench prepared to give their all faced with a more experienced Sheffield side. There'll be no white flag.

AstonAlex
05-11-2014, 03:51 PM
It's more a question of choice I would suggest. Rogers chose to leave key players out, we will not be able to select Brandy, Haynes, Ray, Tate or Tootle (if the OS is to be believed).

I would also suggest that Clough has a more difficult choice in that regard as they are already a match behind the rest of the division (with promotion a virtual necessity) and in the quarter finals of the League Cup. Where will his priorities lie I wonder? He has a bigger squad and I reckon we will see several changes from the side we played a fortnight ago . . . what odds the Don up front?

jwar123
05-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Higdons injured

Gobstopper
06-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Don't think Brendan Rogers knows the song by Dido, judging by the team he put out last night.

And the usual arguments - it was close, and the inexperienced players on the pitch will be better for the blooding - are being trotted out.

One hears them so often after an Alex performance, and I have a horrid feeling that Saturday could be another 'White Flag' day of our own. They do come round rather often.

Not bothered about Liverpool, Brendan Rogers or the rest of the premiership, win, lose or draw it means nothing to me.

Not sure what this white flag nonsense is all about. I didn't see a white flag the last time we played Sheffield and we won't see one this Saturday either, but thanks for your supportive post.

alexmick
06-11-2014, 08:09 PM

Not bothered about Liverpool, Brendan Rogers or the rest of the premiership, win, lose or draw it means nothing to me.

Not sure what this white flag nonsense is all about. I didn't see a white flag the last time we played Sheffield and we won't see one this Saturday either, but thanks for your supportive post.[/quote]

It would be more relevant to me if the "White Flag" were placed on the Thunderclap Newman thread, or in the case of the Alex, it