PDA

View Full Version : David James' Chopper

CAMiller
05-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Not sure I have any sympathy for David James and his bankruptcy woes after he earned so much but one thing is for sure, the Raleigh Chopper was one heck of a bike for those of us that remember them in the early '70s. - view external link (uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-bnakrupt-david-james-auctioning-worldly-goods-074404409--sow.html)

millertop
05-11-2014, 05:00 PM
no sympathy for him but great bike :D

gramiller1959
05-11-2014, 05:19 PM
crazy :( how can you get through that amount of money :/

well if you play the big I am I suppose it will vanish faster than you can earn it :/

Deepmidwinter
05-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Ancient Albanian proverb says "Pride comes before destruction and an arrogant spirit before a fall". David was a great deal of fun as a footballer, but a complete tosser when it came to money

martinthemiller1968
05-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Thought he was working for BT Sport

Rothbiz
05-11-2014, 08:54 PM
ESPN documentary called "Broke" is an interesting watch. - view external link (youtu.be/TSOAwNSv8EM)

Bonneville
05-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Raleigh Choppers were gash. Gimme a racer every time, as for James, calamitous

CAMiller
05-11-2014, 09:07 PM

They were a bit like the iPad of their day. Good looking with cool features (e.g. gear stick, backrest) but not much use to man nor beast as a functional bike.

villamiller
05-11-2014, 09:13 PM

They were a bit like the iPad of their day. Good looking with cool features (e.g. gear stick, backrest) but not much use to man nor beast as a functional bike.[/quote]
Oh yes they were , best bike for doing a wheelie on ;D ;D

CAMiller
05-11-2014, 09:18 PM

They were a bit like the iPad of their day. Good looking with cool features (e.g. gear stick, backrest) but not much use to man nor beast as a functional bike.[/quote]
Oh yes they were , best bike for doing a wheelie on ;D ;D[/quote]

Did you never wonder why you grew up with a flat back to your head XD

fivetide
05-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Note to self - next time you post a link 5 hours before the septic tanks wake up... be sure to use a more suggestive subject heading. Seems to bring a lot of people out all wanting to see this.

Interesting... - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110547512)

CAMiller
05-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Note to self - next time you post a link 5 hours before the septic tanks wake up... be sure to use a more suggestive subject heading. Seems to bring a lot of people out all wanting to see this.

Interesting...

Your headline was aimed at The Guardian readers amongst us whilst mine at those that prefer The Sun. Reply counts indicate which breed of reader are in the ascendency XD

millavanilla
05-11-2014, 10:25 PM

Oh yes they were , best bike for doing a wheelie on ;D ;D[/quote]

i had a chopper...great fun...not the best bike i ever had though...the best one i had was called maxine...she liked to ride my chopper too...

fivetide
05-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Your headline was aimed at The Guardian readers amongst us whilst mine at those that prefer The Sun. Reply counts indicate which breed of reader are in the ascendency XD

Either that or a lot of people checked in wanting to see something else. Might have a fair few in the closet here... ;)