PDA

View Full Version : Gaffer have some bottle please...

Brin
08-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Since the great game we delivered to Watford only to be stung in the last 18-20 minutes you seem to have lost your way and faith in allowing the team to still commit to a high tempo game...we gained two promotions with this style of play and yes the Championship is a different kettle o' fish but why should we be afraid of anyone? Blackburn..Leeds..Fulham...Norwich...all big clubs but they didn't beat us...

The 4-5-1 you played today worked up to about 30 minutes first half then we came into our own as the team pressed on and took the game to them...half time and objective reached in nullifying Wednesday...

At the start of the second half they came at us with a tempo but we stifled them and again sought to attack them...as the game pressed on Weds were definitely there for the taking but why oh why didn't you capitalise and introduce fresh legs to rattle them even more?

Clarke -Harris and Bowery were chomping at the bit to get at them but you lacked faith in changing our set up...why

the_idiotb_stardson
08-11-2014, 10:20 PM
dumbest post of the year

Brin
08-11-2014, 10:42 PM
dumbest post of the year

What for saying it like it is and was today...we've lost our gamble instinct and if you thought that was okay today then enjoy the rest of your season...

the_idiotb_stardson
08-11-2014, 10:43 PM
correction, your second post is now the dumbest.

Brin
08-11-2014, 10:53 PM

Thank you enjoy the rest of your evening...

Suppose I could had been more vociferous and used the heading ...

'Change it FFS!
What's going off that's two games now that we needed a sub or two. We could have won that today if he had changed it'

jolly_roger
08-11-2014, 11:07 PM

'Change it FFS!
What's going off that's two games now that we needed a sub or two. We could have won that today if he had changed it'[/quote]

Lol XD

I agree Brin we are showing the opposition too much respect. However SE is a shrewd cookie, he knows that 3 defeats in a row and our more stupid supporters would have the knives out even more so after being beaten by SWFC. Football is a confidence game and ours was slipping a bit, so perhaps today's moral victory was welcome.

Brin
09-11-2014, 12:04 AM

'Change it FFS!
What's going off that's two games now that we needed a sub or two. We could have won that today if he had changed it'[/quote]

Lol XD

I agree Brin we are showing the opposition too much respect. However SE is a shrewd cookie, he knows that 3 defeats in a row and our more stupid supporters would have the knives out even more so after being beaten by SWFC. Football is a confidence game and ours was slipping a bit, so perhaps today's moral victory was welcome.[/quote]

I suppose so fella...wonder what his tactics will be against lowly Birmingham and rock bottom Blackpool?

Zilzal
09-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Attack from the outset, tear their throats out.

Nothing less than 6 points will do.

luvpud
09-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Attack from the outset, tear their throats out.

Nothing less than 6 points will do.

That's the spirit ,bugler sound the charge six points are a must from these two games .

merry_miller
09-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Have to say I'm a bit disappointed we didn't go for it with 20 minutes to go as they were there for the taking. Clarke Harris & Bowery would have had a field day with the way they kept giving possession away.

ExeterMiller
09-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Had we been 5 points further up the table I think we would have gone for it, everyone could see that JCH would have given them something seriously to think about. The perceived risk by SE was such though he kept it the same, and tbh we nearly lost it in the end.

One thing I do know, Wednesday are the worst side I've seen this season and that's without any rivalry going on - they are!

Brighton, Blackpool, Wednesday, Birmingham and Blackburn will all finish below us - mark my words :D

merry_miller
09-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Will be astounded if Blackburn finish below us, between Jordan Rhodes & Gestede they've got arguably the best two strikers in the division.

RedAnt
09-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Glad for the point and clean sheet. Going into the break on the back of another defeat would have dented morale, both on and off the pitch.

It was another game that was there for the taking, and if we'd not had the two previous bad results, I'm sure we would have been more adventurous and won comfortably.

gwru
09-11-2014, 11:28 AM
What we need is a right sided midfield player who can get down the wing, tackle back. Then Gaffer show some bottle & rest Green. Then we can play 4-4-2.

Bench yesterday. Everybody is said to be fit. I'd have had Swift for Derbyshire & Coner Newton for Wordsworth. Is Mark Bradley fit? for me he's 2nd choice right back + can play left back if he's fit.

millyTHEmiller
09-11-2014, 02:35 PM
i think the problem lies with having no strength in depth. we need loan signings asap. evans went for a draw yday and got 1. i think he did right to not change it. if he drags revell and taylor and goes 4-4-2 we could have lost the battle in midfield and with the long ball we was playing its just gona come straight back with jch and bowery. evans set up obviously for a draw and to try n nick something which we nearly did. we was only ever gona score from a set piece or deflection/mistake. we need a game changer, a winger with lightenin pace and a proven goalscorer at this level. so hard at this level though when we are paying peanuts. id get rid of derbyshire to free some cash up to spend

Heman
09-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Why did we bother to appeal Bowery's red card?

Brin
09-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Why did we bother to appeal Bowery's red card?

Possibly to have to use against the B'ham or the B'pool...then again someones got to keep the bench warm...