PDA

View Full Version : Klitschko the Impaler

Romanis
16-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Forget the footy, in World Heavyweight boxing, Wladimir Klitschko gave an awesome demonstration of strength to knock-down the Bulgarian Pulev 4 times before delivering a stunning left hook in the 5th round to win by KO.

Awesome, simply awesome.

i961pie
16-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Forget the footy, in World Heavyweight boxing, Wladimir Klitschko gave an awesome demonstration of strength to knock-down the Bulgarian Pulev 4 times before delivering a stunning left hook in the 5th round to win by KO.

Awesome, simply awesome.

I know you can only beat what is put in front of you but the heavyweight division is the worst I can remember and as been for the past 10 years.
Nothing against either Klitschko because they are good but there as been no one out their since Lennox Lewis.
Oh for the days of Ali/ Forman/ Frazier/Norton/Shavers/ Holmes/Tyson etc.
Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora--what a joke.

Romanis
17-11-2014, 04:33 AM
I know you can only beat what is put in front of you but the heavyweight division is the worst I can remember and as been for the past 10 years.
Nothing against either Klitschko because they are good but there as been no one out their since Lennox Lewis.

That I don't disagree. But there does seem 2 very good challengers on the horizon, the undefeated Deontay Wilder (US) who will first try and grab the crown from the Canadian WBC champion.

Either of them v Wlad will be a good fight, I think.

But first, let's give Wlad and his retired brother credit. They are superb athletes and train very hard and fight intelligently.

We all say how good Ali was, but the fact also remains that Ali despite having some awesome KO wins was also doing the things we accuse Wlad and his brother off.

A lot of times especially in his l

i961pie
17-11-2014, 09:17 AM

That I don't disagree. But there does seem 2 very good challengers on the horizon, the undefeated Deontay Wilder (US) who will first try and grab the crown from the Canadian WBC champion.

Either of them v Wlad will be a good fight, I think.

But first, let's give Wlad and his retired brother credit. They are superb athletes and train very hard and fight intelligently.

We all say how good Ali was, but the fact also remains that Ali despite having some awesome KO wins was also doing the things we accuse Wlad and his bro

Romanis
17-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Yeah I forgot about Williams, that was probably Ali's best ever fight - Foreman was his greatest, but Williams was his best.

Yes, the division now lacks quality. Chisora, Fury, Haye etc are not anywhere close to the class of Holmes, Norton or Lewis in their prime, let alone Holyfield, Tyson and the 3 legends - Frazier, Ali, Foreman.

Would Ali beat the Klitchkos? I think Ali pre-Vietnam would have, but post-Vietnam, he would have to train super hard and do another Rope-a-dope to defeat either and that's if they fall for the same trick Foreman fell for.

Had Foreman conserved his energy, and just tried to win on points, he may have defeated Ali.
But then again Ali was a wily operator, only a brawler and a good fighter like Norton or Frazier could cause him so much problems.

I wonder if Wilder is any good or as good as his record suggests, but he has Father Time on his side.

It's kinda funny that the middleweights are now the most lucrative, it was always the preserve of the top div

i961pie
17-11-2014, 12:20 PM
[quote="Romanis"]Yeah I forgot about Williams, that was probably Ali's best ever fight - Foreman was his greatest, but Williams was his best.

Yes, the division now lacks quality. Chisora, Fury, Haye etc are not anywhere close to the class of Holmes, Norton or Lewis in their prime, let alone Holyfield, Tyson and the 3 legends - Frazier, Ali, Foreman.

Would Ali beat the Klitchkos? I think Ali pre-Vietnam would have, but post-Vietnam, he would have to train super hard and do another Rope-a-dope to defeat either and that's if they fall for the same trick Foreman fell for.

Had Foreman conserved his energy, and just tried to win on points, he may have defeated Ali.
But then again Ali was a wily operator, only a brawler and a good fighter like Norton or Frazier could cause him so much problems.

I wonder if Wilder is any good or as good as his record suggests, but he has Father Time on his side.

It's kinda funny that the middleweights are now the most lucrati

Polish_ForestMad
17-11-2014, 04:39 PM
What gripes me about the klitschko' is that they had all the belts apart from one which was held by valuev.if one had fought him and won they would of had all the belts the division had,but for some reason the didn't want to fight him.why was that?i personally think it was due to them not being the bigger man in there to lean on and tie him up to sap his energy.they fight people who are smaller so they can lean on them and to take there energy away (good tactic for them) so then they can run the show after the first couple of rounds.
Fair do's they have won what they have and you can't take that away but they are boring and don't want a challenge.i just wish aj Joshua was a couple of years further forward to take there titles away from them,fury and chisora have no chance.

salopred
17-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Is Klitschko a new Forest player, defender maybe? If not why is it on Forest Chat?

Polish_ForestMad
17-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Is Klitschko a new Forest player, defender maybe? If not why is it on Forest Chat?
He wears red and white shorts!

Romanis
17-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Yes I would agree with the majority of that, I am I admit a bit biased because Ali is my all time sporting hero and I couldn't see anyone before or since beating him pre Vietnam.
Him along with Pele and Gary Sobers are my sporting heroes.

Oh no doubt Ali was and remains the greatest. Heck even the Ali of the early 70s would still be the greatest.

You just have to look at the 'Fight of the Century' in 1971. 3 years + out of boxing, he returns, leads Frazier the undisputed champion going into the 15th, until that knock-down cost him.

In fact Frazier spent a week in hospital after that.
That was how good Ali was.

The only pity I had was for Foreman. If he got his focus back after that loss, he could have been back to his best and had a real rivalry with Ali and Ali would have retired much earlier.

But it was great to see him floor Moorer in 1992 - one of the most iconic moments in boxing history.

Haven't seen much of Wilder, bu