PDA

View Full Version : Obama, the new Blair

Trickytreesreds
20-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Well, well ,well. The plonker over the pond is doing a Blair now. He's bypassing Congress and giving 5 million Mexican illegals a reprieve.

Of course the fact he's not counting on the Hispanic vote to boost his term in office is he?
Would a political party ever stoop that low?

UKIP result tonight. The yanks will get their own version of discontent, over a decision like that.

Trickytreesreds
20-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Is this worst case of political suicide you have ever seen?

Workingman's party my ****.
Insult them and act like a right snob on social media. XD XD XD

Is this your gaff Es***? - view external link (http://news.sky.com/story/1377386/mp-quits-shadow-cabinet-over-rochester-tweet)

Romanis
21-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Well, well ,well. The plonker over the pond is doing a Blair now. He's bypassing Congress and giving 5 million Mexican illegals a reprieve.

Of course the fact he's not counting on the Hispanic vote to boost his term in office is he?

UKIP result tonight. The yanks will get their own version of discontent, over a decision like that.

Boost his term, whatever are you on about? Trying to be like my prozzy and making things up as you go?
His term is fixed at 2. Not a day more. Only if a Vice-President succeeds a President 1 year and 364 days left in his term, can he serve for another 2 full terms. If he succeeds at exactly 2 years or more, he can only serve 1 more full term of his own.

Trickytreesreds
21-11-2014, 12:12 AM

Boost his term, whatever are you on about? Trying to be like my prozzy and making things up as you go?
His term is fixed at 2. Not a day more. Only if a Vice-President succeeds a President 1 year and 364 days left in his term, can he serve for another 2 full terms. If he succeeds at exactly 2 years or more, he can only serve 1 more full term of his own.[/quote]

Yep, that didn't sound right did it?

I meant the Democrats, like the Labour party. Just as they did to increase the electorate.
You knew what I m

Romanis
21-11-2014, 12:18 AM
This argument holds 2 ways. On paper it looks a good score for the Democrats.
But the fact is that the Dems always had a majority of voters in the USA. There's more registered Democrats than Republicans and by some margin. But they don't always turn up to vote.

Plus in the US, the President is elected by electoral college not popular vote, each state given a number of votes according to the number of elected reps they sent to Congress.

But as I said, this is not a sure win thing. On the one hand it does look like Obama is gaining new Democrats, but there's a considerable backlash to this as well, especially in the northern states and the Deep South. If the immigrants take jobs away from African Americans, the Dems could be paying a severe price. Rednecks are obviously always against this.

Romanis
21-11-2014, 12:23 AM
You knew what I meant you pedantic, ageist,homophobic plank. XD

>:) Watching you.

I am entitled to feign ignorance, my little old prozzy and his John taught me that! :star:

And I like the description. A lot of big words in there, makes me feel important! XD

And why are you watching me? :s

Are you a Peeping Tom or a queer steer? XD

i961pie
26-11-2014, 08:33 AM

His term is fixed at 2. Not a day more. Only if a Vice-President succeeds a President 1 year and 364 days left in his term, can he serve for another 2 full terms. If he succeeds at exactly 2 years or more, he can only serve 1 more full term of his own.[/quote]

ageist,homophobic plank. XD

Ha-ha--pot-kettle or what

Trickytreesreds
26-11-2014, 10:15 AM

ageist,ho

i961pie
06-12-2014, 03:00 PM

His term is fixed at 2. Not a day more. Only if a Vice-President succeeds a President 1 year and 364 days left in his term, can he serve for another 2 full terms. If he succeeds at exactly 2 years or more, he can only serve 1 more full term of his own.[/quo