PDA

View Full Version : FAO i961 Pie

Romanis
23-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Tricky you can move it to AOB after he replies, as I just wanted to attract his attention:

1) Did you catch the Pacquiao/Algieri fight? I thought Manny displayed great fitness, albeit it was an easy opponent, but although I still think Mayweather would beat him at this stage (it could have been different say 2 years ago), the Pacman remains the only fighter that looks capable of giving Mayweather a searching contest.

2) If you did catch the fight, what about the undercards - Jesse Vargas looked very handy. I think it'll be down to him and Saul Alvarez, who'll be the legitimate heirs to the mantles held by Mayweather/Pacman as the best middleweight.

3) And finally what about Vasiyl Lomashenko. Won the world title (featherweight) in his 3rd fight. He looked very impressive in his easy win over the Thai challenger. He's regarded as the best amateur ever (398-1). I think he might be one for the future, although there's another Ukrainian in the upper middleweights that looks good too.

Polish_ForestMad
23-11-2014, 07:26 PM
That fight should of happened 4 years ago when they were both in there prime but mayweather ducked it.manny has struggled over the last two years regards to his form and if the fight is going to happen it will be now
Anyone watch the hug fest last night that was built up to be the best fight of the year?those two should be stopped from fighting and money paid back to those who paid for it.
On a better note aj looks the bomb at the minute and I can't wait to see what he does next year.de fail was buzzing about beating someone who looked about as in shape as kenny burns does now.groves struggled like mad mad,has froch ruined him I think.
De fail also calling froch a coward on live TV was shocking,he hasn't ducked anyone in his life and has fought the best of the best regardless.

Romanis
23-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Mayweather may go for it, because he'll be more confident of facing Pacman now.

US$100 million for him and slightly lesser for Pacman (or the same). I'll be surprised if he doesn't go for it

i961pie
24-11-2014, 02:10 PM
[quote="Romanis"]Tricky you can move it to AOB after he replies, as I just wanted to attract his attention:

1) Did you catch the Pacquiao/Algieri fight? I thought Manny displayed great fitness, albeit it was an easy opponent, but although I still think Mayweather would beat him at this stage (it could have been different say 2 years ago), the Pacman remains the only fighter that looks capable of giving Mayweather a searching contest.

2) If you did catch the fight, what about the undercards - Jesse Vargas looked very handy. I think it'll be down to him and Saul Alvarez, who'll be the legitimate heirs to the mantles held by Mayweather/Pacman as the best middleweight.

3) And finally what about Vasiyl Lomashenko. Won the world title (featherweight) in his 3rd fight. He looked very impressive in his easy win over the Thai challenger. He's regarded as the best amateur ever (398-1). I think he might be one for the future, although there's another Ukrainian in t

Romanis
24-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately I'm handicapped in Asia as to watching European fights, although they show amateur boxing from around England. The only European fights I get to see are the heavyweight fights involving the belts.

But on the plus side, all the American big fights are available. So I'm really hoping to see Froch in Las Vegas.
Yes POL mentioned about AJ, looks good on paper, but the fight I want see most next is Deontay Wilder against the Haitian born Canadian World heavyweight Champion. The winner has a good chance in meeting Wlad for a unified belt. I believe Lennox Lewis was the last unified champion although you could say either of the Klitchkos would have done it if not for 1 of them holding a version of title.

And thereafter, let's hope for the richest fight in boxing - Money v Pacman.

Polish_ForestMad
24-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately I'm handicapped in Asia as to watching European fights, although they show amateur boxing from around England. The only European fights I get to see are the heavyweight fights involving the belts.

But on the plus side, all the American big fights are available. So I'm really hoping to see Froch in Las Vegas.
Yes POL mentioned about AJ, looks good on paper, but the fight I want see most next is Deontay Wilder against the Haitian born Canadian World heavyweight Champion. The winner has a good chance in meeting Wlad for a unified belt. I believe Lennox Lewis was the last unified champion although you could say either of the Klitchkos would have done it if not for 1 of them holding a version of title.

Joshua will be like wilder romanis,he big strong and built like a brick out house.not an ounce of fat on a heavy weight isn't something your use t

i961pie
25-11-2014, 12:49 PM

I must admit I don't like paying £15 or more for the boxing on Sky although I did for Froch/Groves and would for Paco/Mayweather.
Those were the

Trickytreesreds
25-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Boxers, potential murderers all of them. Anyone that pulls on a pair of boxing gloves, only has one thing on their minds, to inflict pain and suffering. >:(

Sorry, I think Basies assaults on my morals has finally warped my perspective on things. :blue:

Carry on.

i961pie
25-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Boxers, potential murderers all of them. Anyone that pulls on a pair of boxing gloves, only has one thing on their minds, to inflict pain and suffering. >:(

Sorry, I think Basies assaults on my morals has finally warped my perspective on things. :blue:

Carry on.

You must be wearing them all the time then TT, with all the pain and suffering you inflict on everyone-lol

Trickytreesreds
25-11-2014, 02:09 PM

Carry on.

You must be wearing them all the time then TT, with all the pain and suffering you inflict on everyone-lol[/quote]

Oh I haven't started yet. My bans up tomorrow. There's a few scores to settle. >:)