PDA

View Full Version : Should we drop John Sutton

bheron
24-11-2014, 10:53 AM
I am not saying he is in any way to blame for the state we are in. He is getting absolutely o support. However he is the type that does not contribute much, if his supply is cut off. At the moment it is like playing every game with 10 men. What do others think?

Handsome_Devil
24-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Hard one. On one hand what you say is entirely true, on the other hand we have enough passengers that dropping one of the only guys who gives everything - even if, with the exception of the United game, he's largely ineffective - seems to be trying to address the problem by changing a part that isn't broken.

bheron
24-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Good point. My thoughts where going along the line that we have to start winning more in midfield. I was wondering if it would be better to stiffen that up with another midfielder. We have to stop losing games before we can do anything else. I see your point about the "other" passengers first. I am just doing what we are all doing, and trying to figure out what we can do, to get out of the losing mentality. Anyone any ideas.

skippy91
24-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Absolutely not blaming Big John but his current style clearly does not suit our current set up and team limitions been saying this for a number of weeks now.

dosser1
24-11-2014, 05:59 PM
I am not saying he is in any way to blame for the state we are in. He is getting absolutely o support. However he is the type that does not contribute much, if his supply is cut off. At the moment it is like playing every game with 10 men. What do others think?
Never mind Sutton getting dropped McManus should be shown the door for a player of his experience he letting the club down badly he was pathetic on Saturday I have never ever seen a centre half defend like he did for the second goal on Saturday he was dire

meister1991
24-11-2014, 07:04 PM
if we drop Sutton what we're admitting/accepting is we won't get any shots on target.

Personal view is we need at least 1 striker and get service moving.

The issue is our midfield are poor. They offer little in terms of defensive support and even less as an attacking option.

I'd keep Lasley and Carswell as holding midfield players, play ainsworth down the right, zfa on the left and keep pyjamas in the hole with Sutton left grazing the fields until we get the ball in the box.

The other midfield impostors (excluding our young lads) can go out on loan until their contract expires.

Sound like a plan ?

Wellup4it
24-11-2014, 07:32 PM
The issue is our midfield are poor. They offer little in terms of defensive support and even less as an attacking option.

I'd keep Lasley and Carswell as holding midfield players, play ainsworth down the right, zfa on the left and keep pyjamas in the hole with Sutton left grazing the fields until we get the ball in the box.

Agree the midfield is the root cause of our problems. They offer our strikeforce, such as it is, no support. However I see both Lasley and Carswell as being part of the problem not the solution.

meister1991
24-11-2014, 08:35 PM
I agree re Las and Carswell being part of the problem. It was more in terms of picking from what we had and creating steady position for them.

The solution would be replacements - ever since we lost Jennings a few years back we've struggled in this area.

Wellup4it
24-11-2014, 08:47 PM
The solution would be replacements - ever since we lost Jennings a few years back we've struggled in this area.

Agreed. He should have been replaced but SM deliberately chose not to sign or play a defensive midfielder. That in my view was an error of judgement. He must also have known some time ago that Keith Lasley was coming to the end of his career.

sieb1886
24-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah, good idea chaps - drop the only guy who gives a flying fekk about the plight we're in ?! He ain't no Ronaldo for sure, but at least you know he's going to run all game, and give 100%.
Based on present performances, he's also our most effective centre-half into the bargain ...
Choose any one of another 7 or 8 before big bad John please !!

Half_Can_Dan
25-11-2014, 12:39 AM
And replace him with what??? u20 with a wee fire in his belly but the team is utter pi$h i have started to face upto the fact we might be going down as we have hit the net a woppping 9 goals why?Cause the midfield and wings couldnt pass wind.

I say this with my neck on the line if we dont get a buyer buy the end of the month not the well society we are down and out.Our stay in the championship could be a very very long one.

bheron
25-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Yeah, good idea chaps - drop the only guy who gives a flying fekk about the plight we're in ?! He ain't no Ronaldo for sure, but at least you know he's going to run all game, and give 100%.
Based on present performances, he's also our most effective centre-half into the FirFbargain ...
Choose any one of another 7 or 8 before big bad John please !! First thing I would say is, in response to my question, no one has said that we "Should" drop him. If you read through the comments, they all say drop others before him. I asked the question, as he is getting no supply at all, and I wondered if there was a case for playing without an out and out striker (Short term) to stop the rot. As you can see, everyone more or less agrees, that we need to keep him in the team

wellowell
26-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I would certainly drop him as must have too much time on his hands as see he is currently playing ding Junhui at snooker in the UK Championship although hes doing just as badly as his current goal scoring record as 4 0 down so should be back at training tomorrow ;D

Yazz
30-11-2014, 06:37 PM
He's getting absolutely no service.