PDA

View Full Version : 18 games in...

RawmarshMiller
24-11-2014, 01:35 PM
After 18 games, we are now 3rd bottom of the league and are clearly struggling. I think we have a key issues that now look glaringly obvious:-

1) We lack pace. With the exceptions of JCH & Bowery we have a one paced team. During our last season, pace was an essential feature down the right hand side. We have not replaced Tavernier and Agard. Richardson is ok, but does not burst forwards like Tavs did.

2) Long balls. The long balls up to Revell are not effective, this combined with the lack of pace is allowing teams plenty of time to set themselves up against us defensively. It doesn't tend to matter whether Revs wins his header or not, the opposition are typically better at winning the second ball.

3) We did not do good business in the summer. One area where I think Evans has got it wrong is the summer recruitments. With the exceptions of Green, Richardson, Bowery & Derbyshire - not sure any of the players signed have added anything.

4) We have missed Bradley! With no Tavs, the nex

deano_83
24-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Top post. I think most people down the pub chatting to fans after games can see what's been wrong on this wobbly run we've had.

The management need to address it quickly and spend the money TS makes available in January wisely on 2 or 3 quality signings and ship out the dross we've fetched in that's nowhere near the first team squad.

Brentford are flying, they've kept their ethos very similar to last year, just going out to play a high tempo game but with 2 or 3 very good additions to the core of their promotion team. We've lost all our pace and drive, and IMO we look a weaker side than the one which won promotion 6 months ago.

Testing times ahead for us but still very much all to play for and at times we've shown we can be good enough, so lets not panic just yet, one win can change mood and confidence around the whole club and in the stands.

kentmillerman
24-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Yes, top post. Take a leaf out of Brentfords book.

Brin
24-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Yes, top post. Take a leaf out of Brentfords book.

We could have as the chairman as clearly given the funds to the Gaffer but he has invested strangely and wasteful...look who he brought in on the budget and who are now out on loan...what the hell is that all about?

However it's a new league to the Gaffer and the players and like anyone in a new role...they should be given time to build on their experience...of course within reason as it's a result driven business...but I think a lot including myself don't like to see us lose and are too use to seeing us win...therein lie the posts of late of moaning and bickering...

We've come along way in a short time and we been somewhat spoilt but it's reality time and for now the party is really over and it's dig deep time for the team and Management but more importantly ...we as fans have to get behind them and help lift their spirits starting Saturday...WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER ONE LIKE

wathrufc
25-11-2014, 08:04 PM
UTFM...