PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Ledesma

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
25-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Boss Steve Evans has his say on the Millers' new loan signing, Emmanuel Ledesma. Page lead in today's Star. - view external link (http://bit.ly/1uAbRjR)

Deepmidwinter
25-11-2014, 09:41 AM
So he'll be on the bench then

millertop
25-11-2014, 09:46 AM
When we signed him I said he was a good player (where's them that said differently gone?) I still stand by that.

He didn't really have much to do from that game which was down to hoof hoof and more hoof >:( but I could still see that he will be good for us ONLY if the others play football :/

JohnLeedsMiller
25-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Do we need a left footed right sided player? Didn't we try that with Pringle on the right last season? For me any championship defender will spot this a mile off and try and push him outside. My mate who is a boro fan said he has a great left foot, but isn't quick. Again I don't think this is what we need. I might be wrong.

millmoormagic
25-11-2014, 01:25 PM
When we signed him I said he was a good player (where's them that said differently gone?) I still stand by that.

He didn't really have much to do from that game which was down to hoof hoof and more hoof >:( but I could still see that he will be good for us ONLY if the others play football :/

Why do you always fetch 'other posters' into your replies? you're always having a dig at someone in one way or another, just do your own thing fella, or are you a rabid attention seeker?

millertop
25-11-2014, 01:44 PM

Why do you always fetch 'other posters' into your replies? you're always having a dig at someone in one way or another, just do your own thing fella, or are you a rabid attention seeker?[/quote]

Always? Think youre confused pal.

Obviously hit a nerve but if you want I could always start with the abuse seeing that it's more acceptable on here :/

millertop
25-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Do we need a left footed right sided player? Didn't we try that with Pringle on the right last season? For me any championship defender will spot this a mile off and try and push him outside. My mate who is a boro fan said he has a great left foot, but isn't quick. Again I don't think this is what we need. I might be wrong.

Fans have different opinions of their players.
I think he's a good player from what I've seen, only time will tell if it works for us.

We don't have a RM atm do we? Taylor's suppose to be a striker, Brandy's back but injured .

Wickersley_Miller
25-11-2014, 02:28 PM

Why do you always fetch 'other posters' into your replies? you're always having a dig at someone in one way or another, just do your own thing fella, or are you a rabid attention seeker?[/quote]

Was thinking the exact same thing, and "where's them that said differently gone?"... As though he came on with 10 minutes to go and scored a hat trick

DavidR__9
25-11-2014, 02:42 PM
He came on and did the opposite of Taylor, which was to play the ball early. His head was up and he was figuring out his options before he received the ball. But he was let down by the lack of any shape or clear formation or clear approach and he pretty soon disappeared from view.

He looked ok; showed a bit of potential and he'll hopefully come good.

I wonder, though, whether anyone ever questions SE's transfer policy within the club. I mean, this guy's clearly a straight-forward attacking midfielder type, the modern version of what a winger used to be. Arguably our most creative attacking player from last year is one of those. We signed two more, plus a Chelsea junior version on loan in the summer. None of those three have been good enough to play more than about an hour between them. So we signed another winger on loan, who's here until January.

So we've signed this guy, on loan, to take the place of the loan player we brought in because the players we'd signed permanently in t

mygiddypant
25-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Pass me the aspirin! Another interesting post David. Not only is life at the AESSEAL NYS (have I got that right?) a roller-coaster, but it has become VERY confusing. I was hoping to see Ledesma this Saturday, but will I get the chance? :?

Snowball
25-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Fantastic post David.

I really do think Saturday could be pivotal to our whole season. A win (no matter how we get it) & I think confidence will be lifted immeasurably, another loss & I fear it could go the other way big time.

Evans’ summer recruitment certainly was questionable at best, but I don’t think we’re that far off being okay. Or maybe I’m just hoping that will be the case!

It’s not that long ago that were on a five match unbeaten run after all, but then again we look so fragile all over the pitch at the moment. It feels wrong to be stressing about a game so much in November, but I can’t help it.

DavidR__9
25-11-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm sure he'll play if fit. It's who misses out that'll be interesting and the formation we adopt.

Saturday was a real low, not because it was a bad performance, but because we looked totally lost. Players were chasing the ball, taking up positions seemingly at random (Clark Harris started up front, then moved deep and central, then went on to the left wing to cover for Pringle who'd gone into the middle, in the same space as Frecklington who drifted up alongside Revell before dropping deep alongside Smallwood). We ended with a definite back 4, with Smallwood just in front, and Revell on his own up front and everyone else just chasing around aimlessly.

JohnLeedsMiller
25-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I thought both Brandy and Hall were on pay as you play deals with very little in weekly wages. Virtually no risk signings. Agreed both aren't good enough.

Agree Ledesma looks a good player, it still worries me that he is left footed though. Guarantee that people on here will be saying why does he always cut inside in the next few weeks.

nys
26-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Why does Evans have to say he was the best player on the park. It's a barefaced lie. Like how he say's Broadfoot is outstanding everytime he plays, then tries to loan him out because he has been abysmal from the very first game. Firstly, that was obviously one of the Birmingham players. They outplayed us on the day. Secondly, much of what Ledesma tried didn't come off. I'm sure he will improve. He offered little work rate, looked extremely one paced, never took on his man and mostly gave it away. There were glimpses of class which is encouraging but surely, for balance, we would have been better off signing a pacy winger.

Saturday was really frustrating. For the first time possibly ever under Evans, we threw in the towel. We didn't bite in the tackle and worstly, at home to Birmingham, even when trailing, we were attacking with one/two men in their half. Tactically we need to improve this year. I think we were better at certain things in League 1. We have been terrible at second balls