PDA

View Full Version : Club Website

firparkloony
08-12-2014, 02:04 PM
I have tried several times today to log onto the official site and am getting the response "site not available" is it only me? Does anyone have any suggestions, I am not very good at computer speak!

Wellup4it
08-12-2014, 02:25 PM
No, I've had exactly the same problem although I'm no techno expert either.

wellowell
08-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Neither am i but i have tried numerous occasions as well so that tells me even though not an expert its down must be getting prepared to tell us all this news re buyout,manager etc and usually does this when announcements are due no idea why as other websites seem to make changes without going down.

jwok
08-12-2014, 03:59 PM
I know that a new website has been in development maybe it's related to that.

steviex
08-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Neither am i but i have tried numerous occasions as well so that tells me even though not an expert its down must be getting prepared to tell us all this news re buyout,manager etc and usually does this when announcements are due no idea why as other websites seem to make changes without going down.

Gie the website guy / gal a break he/ she will probably make the tea, do the washing ,clean the boardroom, polish the floodlights, cut the grass, polish the boots, answer the phone .. and probably pick the team... XD.. maybe the south americans have carried oot a cyber plot against us.

firparkloony
08-12-2014, 06:12 PM

Gie the website guy / gal a break he/ she will probably make the tea, do the washing ,clean the boardroom, polish the floodlights, cut the grass, polish the boots, answer the phone .. and probably pick the team... XD.. maybe the south americans have carried oot a cyber plot against us.[/quote]

Not trying to give someone a hard time, generally speaking when I can't get things to operate on a computer it is my fault...I was really hoping for some whizzkid to tell me to press a few buttons in a certain sequence and all would be well. I of all people would never criticise anyone who works in th

steviex
08-12-2014, 08:23 PM

Gie the website guy / gal a break he/ she will probably make the tea, do the washing ,clean the boardroom, polish the floodlights, cut the grass, polish the boots, answer the phone .. and probably pick the team... XD.. maybe the south americans have carried oot a cyber plot against us.[/quote]

Not trying to give someone a hard time, generally speaking when I can't get things to operate on a computer it is my fault...I was really hoping for some whizzkid to tell me to press a few buttons in a certain sequence and all would be well. I of all p

hombre_de_acero
08-12-2014, 09:53 PM
It's nothing to do with redevelopment of the website.

It either a problem with the actual site or the hosting services the club use for publishing their website.

For the length of time its been down, it suggests they are having issues with their web development support company who haven't done anything to help. Normally a good support company would have it restored and back up and running in no time. Maybe they haven't renewed their support contract.

I look after client websites for a living and it looks pretty bad for the site being unavailable for such a long time.

Let's hope the new manager knows some HTML!!