PDA

View Full Version : All this striker talk

RawmarshMiller
12-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Please, instead of bringing in a new striker, can we first give one of the 3 we have a decent run of games? In my humble opinion, Bowery, JCH & Derbyshire (yes Derbyshire) all have goals in them if they are given a run of games to establish themselves AND we play to their strengths. All like the ball to feet/slid down a channel NOT launched up at them from 40 yards away. Would much rather see us go for Tavs to inject some much needed pace into the back line.

1960smiller
12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Got to agree with most of that,but Stevies not going to play Bowery or JCH they have both been here long enough now to get game time,Imo there is something wrong or a reason why they are not getting game time.In JCH defence I think he is one for the future but Bowerys been around long enough now.As for bringing Tavs back,sorry but it's a no from me,he is a flair player in a good side thats why he his struggling at Wigan & it would be the same with us at this moment.We where on the up when he came here so we could afford to let him loose but now not sure because again imo he his not the greatest defender I've seen.

Derbymiller
12-12-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree bowery and jch need a chance

CrackersATM
12-12-2014, 06:01 PM
With launching balls high to Bowery, Derbyshire and JCH instead of to feet or down the channels. Isn't that the mistake we've been making for 2.5 years with SE. It started with Oddjob who despite his physical attributes in the 4th tier was fast and skillful but got knocked about in the air. How many times have we played Revs on his own so the opposition pick up all his knock ons.

I can't criticise the success SE has delivered at NYS but it has felt like we've done it the hard way at times.

UTM!