PDA

View Full Version : O/T--For att. of Romanis

i961pie
12-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Finally watched the 'Pakman' fight, he looked strong and still as fast hands but his opponent was outclassed but brave. I was a bit surprised he didn't finish it anytime after the 6th round, the old Packman would have done.
Mind you 2 of the ''knockdowns'' were only slips on the water in the corner.
Big night for Khan on Saturday, a must win fight for him.

Romanis
12-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Finally watched the 'Pakman' fight, he looked strong and still as fast hands but his opponent was outclassed but brave. I was a bit surprised he didn't finish it anytime after the 6th round, the old Packman would have done.
Mind you 2 of the ''knockdowns'' were only slips on the water in the corner.
Big night for Khan on Saturday, a must win fight for him.

Yeah I was surprised to learn that Pacman has not KOed someone in 6 years (I think).

But he's a great fighter. The first real Asian fighter to step up on the global stage with aplomb. Sure the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia maybe Korea might have produced a few world champions in the lower classes, but no where near Pacman's record and achievements.

I like to compare boxers to heavyweight champions as a gauge - say for example Mayweather might a Marciano, Holyfield or Lewis. Or maybe even as those great middleweights, Mayweather is the Sugar Ray. Pacman is more like a Joe Fraz

i961pie
15-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Khan looked good and won easily, hopefully some interesting fights to come in that division.

i961pie
17-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Did you see the Tyson Cave v Escandon fight?
It is the worst most corrupt decision there as ever been.
Cave won the fight 11 rounds to 1 on the 2 commentators cards and 12-0 on the viewers cards yet he lost on a split decision. One judge gave it Escandon 15-9 unbelievable.
It was a final eliminator for a world title shot.
There as to be a world NEUTRAL body that can sort this cheating out. I feel so sorry for Cave.

Trickytreesreds
17-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Can I be best man?

Romanis
17-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Did you see the Tyson Cave v Escandon fight?
It is the worst most corrupt decision there as ever been.
Cave won the fight 11 rounds to 1 on the 2 commentators cards and 12-0 on the viewers cards yet he lost on a split decision. One judge gave it Escandon 15-9 unbelievable.
It was a final eliminator for a world title shot.
There as to be a world NEUTRAL body that can sort this cheating out. I feel so sorry for Cave.

No I haven't, but I'll watch it as you've mentioned.

As for judging, yes there's always some issues regarding that. Eg: I think Hagler not Sugar Ray won their title fight. 2 judges gave it either way by 1 point to each fighter while the 3rd gave it to Leonard by a large margin. It begs what fight was he watching? Of course the closest one was Holmes pipping Norton by 1 point in a split decision. I think Norton won that fight but that final round at end, Holmes did just enough to sway the deciding judge.

Ali himself won

Romanis
17-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Cont..

The punches were perhaps not 'power punches' or maybe they appear to have hit the target but did not have the power, or cleanly.

Usually I score fights very close to what at least 1 of the judges score it. But if you and commentator say it was a whitewash, then there's something obviously very wrong with it, if the judges make it such a close contest or in favour of the less effective boxer.

But I'll need to watch it first, give me a day or 2 before I offer my view.

i961pie
18-12-2014, 07:47 AM
I thought Hagler won that fight also (mind you he was one of my all time favs). There as been some close decisions that I thought wrong, Bugner/Cooper and one of the Ali/Norton fights also Eubank had a couple of iffy decisions go his way but wait till you see this one.
Listen to the ex boxer commentator afterwards he goes 'bonkers'.

i961pie
18-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Can I be best man?

No Maid of Honour would suit you more-lol.