View Full Version : Paul McManus

AFC1320
13-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Not just what he done today but it is a mystery to me why Shagger has not started recently, great striker who gets the best out of Simon and the other young strikers. Would always be in my starting XI.

WELL DONE THE RED LICHTIES 36-0 ;D

BroathBoy
13-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Was told that he is carrying a wee niggle.

Brizaldo
13-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Hes giving young Smith his chance

Arbroath1
13-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Agree must be being nurtured through at moment,best striker at club he and simon are best option. Another hard fought win by the looks of it 3points in the bag, three teams now vying for title. Some big games coming up though !!!!
Onwards and upwards !!

maroonie
14-12-2014, 11:25 AM
What a difference when Shagger came on. All of a sudden the urgency came back and we started to force the Shire back. Also heard he is carrying a slight knock but on the evidence of his time on the park there was no sign of it. Gaffer says in one of the Sundays he was giving him a rest. Hope the guys enjoyed their night out in Newcastle last night and they come back rejuvenated for the Christmas fixtures.
C'MON LICHTIES

AFC1320
14-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Fair enough if Shagger is carrying in an injury but imo he is the best striker at the club and I would always play him and a.n.other and at the moment Simon is the pairing with him and a great partnership, imo both young Smith and Buchan have to bide their time until injury/suspension/loss of form break up the McManus/Murray partnership, I would not be dropping any of them 2 just to give somebody else a chance.

housecaptain
14-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Would agree when Mc Manus and Buchan came on it was a different scenario but what won the game for us was grit,determination and the will to win and remain at the top of the league and for that we must thank the players and the manager for his inspired substitutions.I think we have got ourselves a good manager and squad of players.

timlichtie
15-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Would agree when Mc Manus and Buchan came on it was a different scenario but what won the game for us was grit,determination and the will to win and remain at the top of the league and for that we must thank the players and the manager for his inspired substitutions.I think we have got ourselves a good manager and squad of players.

We have a much stronger bench this season and AM really knows how to make the subs count. Great work on Sat. All 3 who came on really bust a gut to turn it round. McBride doesn't get enough credit for his contribution IMO.

LolTM
15-12-2014, 10:09 AM
We have a much stronger bench this season and AM really knows how to make the subs count. Great work on Sat. All 3 who came on really bust a gut to turn it round. McBride doesn't get enough credit for his contribution IMO.

To be fair, his substitutions against Annan almost cost us the three points!