PDA

View Full Version : Theories?

scarjo
14-12-2014, 08:38 AM
It's strange how difficult it has become to win a home game. One fortunate victory in 9 games can't all be put down to chance. Thrashed by the likes of Vale, Orient and Gillingham. Can anyone on this site help Dickov solve this seemingly unfathomable mystery ? Let's have your theories on the question.

SilverTop60
14-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Not getting much response here are you Scarjo? Probably because it does not make much sense.

Let's look at the team. We are 5th in the away table, so clearly as a team they can play to a competitive level in this division. There is no issue with the away performance and the team no doubt have fun on the road.

If they achieved the same results at home they would be above Sheffield Utd and I suspect most fans would be happy with that and even Dickov might be forgiven his major shortcomings. That would keep our hopes of promotion alive.

So the problem must be with the Keepmoat. Playing at home should be an advantage - home crowd, familiar surroundings, no tiring travelling - but that is being squandered and we are actually 24th in the home table.

I did wonder if the Keepmoat had been built on an old ancient burial ground and consequently we are cursed. But we have played there since 2007 and had some good results so that dispenses with the curse theory. Shame because an exorcist mig

SilverTop60
18-12-2014, 04:58 PM
As the Rovers board are hell bent on supporting our demise by supporting Dickov this is how to beat us:-

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/analysis-doncaster -rovers-1-gillingham-2-dire-home-record-is-undermining-paul-dickov-1-7004344

(please delete space after word 3rd Doncaster above as link exceeds 80 chars on this forum)

Even a Sunday schoolboy league coach knows 10 strikers on the pitch does not mean 10 more goals. Maybe someone should tell Dickov, he seems to be the only one that doesn't know.

Romared
18-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Similar problems to us :? Do you fancy playing your home games at Oakwell ? We could use Keepmoat for our home games :? Just a thought ;D All the best lads have a great festive time ROMA.

scarjo
20-12-2014, 09:06 AM
As the Rovers board are hell bent on supporting our demise by supporting Dickov this is how to beat us:-

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/analysis-doncaster -rovers-1-gillingham-2-dire-home-record-is-undermining-paul-dickov-1-7004344

(please delete space after word 3rd Doncaster above as link exceeds 80 chars on this forum)

Even a Sunday schoolboy league coach knows 10 strikers on the pitch does not mean 10 more goals. Maybe someone should tell Dickov, he seems to be the only one that doesn't know.

The article partially explains the problem, but doesn't propose any solutions.

SilverTop60
20-12-2014, 11:26 AM
If a team like Gillingham can work out how to beat us, then any other team can do the same. And if they hadn't realised how, this article now tells every other manager how to deal with us. I don't think it was up to the article to suggest what we should do about the problem, but it did at least put in writing what we are doing wrong.

Even when we had Tyson and Main on the pitch he would take off a midfielder and bring on Robinson and I would think "what the hell is he doing?". Unless Dickov changes his tactics we will continue to struggle. But to make such crass schoolboy errors as a professional manager is beyond belief.

By frustrating our players other teams also know there's a good chance that Forrester will get sent off, and sure enough that has worked. He has had 2 red cards and 3 more yellows and we are not even half way through the season. We used to be a team that could go a whole season without any reds and just a few yellows. A couple more and he will be suspended yet agai

scarjo
20-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Until we get the home equation right [x^4 - 5 x^2 - 3 == 0, x], I suggest we play at the Keepmoat like we do away, i.e. sit deep, let the opposition come at us, get 11 players behind the ball, soak up the pressure, counter attack. It worked again at Swindon today, as that mathematical genius Madirish will tell you...