PDA

View Full Version : Bolton to Benefit from New Football League TV Deal...

campo21
16-12-2014, 09:46 PM
The Football League are expected to announce a television deal this week, which will see Channel 5 revealed as its new highlights broadcaster.

Currently, supporters of Championship, League One and League Two clubs can watch their favourite teams on the BBC's highlights programme - The Football League Show - which airs after Match of the Day on a Saturday evening and into the early hours of Sunday morning.

Now in its sixth season, The Football League show looks set to be dropped from the start of the 2015/16 campaign after the BBC were beaten in the bidding process by Channel 5 - who have reportedly committed to airing the day's best bits at 9pm, 90 minutes before Premier League highlights are shown on free-to-air terrestrial television.

The new deal, which would also allow Channel 5 to screen highlights of the League Cup and Football League Trophy, may also provide the station with the opportunity to show a fixed number of live matches each season.

JimmyJazz64
17-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Not sure how we are going to benefit from this???

campo21
17-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Not sure how we are going to benefit from this???

Apart from the earlier start for the highlights i don't JJ.

JimmyJazz64
17-12-2014, 07:54 PM
The earlier start is miles better campo but I've not seen anything anywhere about how much they would pay for it and whether we would benefit?

campo21
17-12-2014, 08:14 PM
We must be getting some money out of it JJ but i have not heard how much yet.

danm1992
17-12-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing we'll only get pretty much the same as the other 23 clubs, in which case it can't benefit us that much.

Unless it really affects the financial gap between the Championship and the Prem, which I can't imagine myself.