PDA

View Full Version : Es*** bet

Trickytreesreds
17-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Gawd blimey guv'nor

Wud yer fackin beleave it. They ownly fink er maaarjesty may bleedin habdicaate?

Gaaaaaawd bless er

Pipe yer eyes daaawn, the biscuit and cookies have anly shat ap shop ant they?

Corals- no bets taken. Expected to abdicate Xmas day.

essexred52
17-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Oliver Twist?
Your spelling is as about as good as mine, could not make head nor tale of that.

Romanis
17-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Bloody hell Tricky, you should know better than that than to give Es*** a long essay to decipher, even in bleedin' slang.

1 word at a time, then a sentence. Rest a day and continue the next day, and y the end of the week, he'll get it completely! XD XD

Anyway talking of HM, I doubt very much this will happen given her 1947 pledge in S.Africa that her life no matter how long or short would be in service of country and Commonwealth.

Then don't forget she experienced the difficulties of abdication that was brought upon her father, following her uncle King Edward VIII's abdication. It took a toll on him and was blamed by the her mother, as the reason for early death at age 56. But she would have been Queen anyway, in 1972, when Edward died without issue.

Lastly we must consider the impact this will have on Dominions and Territories. There's a huge debate in Australia, even Canada and NZ about the role of a monarchy, so far removed from their daily lives. It's unlikely she would even

i961pie
18-12-2014, 01:46 PM
If she does it on her Xmas day broadcast it would mean people in NZ and Australia would find out before us in the UK.
It wont happen imo---BUT IF it did I'm sure it would be a live broadcast to the British people first.