PDA

View Full Version : FAO i961 Pie Escandon v Cave

Romanis
21-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Yes I watched it and I'm afraid I'm gonna disagree. I scored it 7 rds to 5 for Escandon for a 115-113 scoreline. Crucially I thought Escandon won the first 3 rds and the last 2.

I know how it looks, Cave threw a lot more punches but it all landed on the gloves/blocked or on the outside, while Oscar connected more cleanly. I think the commentators and Facebook viewers bought into the showmanship, dancing around of Cave more.
I felt Escandon was the more aggressive fighter, while Cave was just running around throwing punches blindly, punches that weren't really connecting. Yes he did win rounds but not enough.

i961pie
22-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes I watched it and I'm afraid I'm gonna disagree. I scored it 7 rds to 5 for Escandon for a 115-113 scoreline. Crucially I thought Escandon won the first 3 rds and the last 2.

I know how it looks, Cave threw a lot more punches but it all landed on the gloves/blocked or on the outside, while Oscar connected more cleanly. I think the commentators and Facebook viewers bought into the showmanship, dancing around of Cave more.
I felt Escandon was the more aggressive fighter, while Cave was just running around throwing punches blindly, punches that weren't really connecting. Yes he did win rounds but not enough.

Well sorry to disagree but the commentators and everyone I have spoken to that watched the fight got it spot on-imo.
Yes a lot of shots did land on gloves but Escadon didn't throw any--I've seen more aggression from 'Audrey' Harrison.
I know it's all about opinions but it's the worst decision I have seen in boxing.
I have just

Romanis
23-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Perhaps but I felt both fighters didn't do justice. But I also note the judge who scored the fight for Cave scored it 115-113. So it was much closer than most fans observed. Judges look for specific things - a proper jab, punch and clean shots with power. Yes one can make a case for a Cave victory but it would also be far closer not 12-0 a commentator suggested or the Fb scores of 10 rds to 2 in favour of Cave. I had it at 5 rounds each but gave the last 2 to Escandon. But maybe could have given Rd 11 to Cave for the draw at 114 -114.

i961pie
23-12-2014, 01:14 PM
I think we will agree to disagree on this one--Merry Xmas.