PDA

View Full Version : Away record gone,but proud of the boys and the managers

Clashpie23
28-12-2014, 04:59 PM
for such a superb run of results this season.

Mark_Ross
28-12-2014, 05:01 PM
It was an excellent record, but maybe it's a monkey off the back. We have somehow got to win a home game. How? I've no bluddy idea!

Bohinen
28-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Sorry to have to mention this, but we're bottom of the current form table for League One ... see link - view external link (weekendfootball.co.uk/analysis/form.asp?l=3&season=15&formtype=&gamescount=6)

countygump
28-12-2014, 05:10 PM
We're a below average L2 side with too many elderly players and far too little ability/pace in the side. If I'm honest, I'm pleasantly surprised it's taken this long for us to be found out. Thank God we've got 30 odd points on the board!

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
28-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Away record gone,but proud of the boys and the managers

Sorry clashpie but im certainly not proud of a team today that could not managed a shot on target in 95 minutes between four**** players !

My opinion but thats simply not good enough.

Pietastic
28-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Disappointing - we didn't ever take the game to them - maybe a bit in the last 10...fortune was always going to favour the brave today on a cold bobley pitch... we were second to an unbelievable amount of balls... Mccloughlin looked better today. Carrol had a shocker but guess he's allowed an off day...

jackal2
28-12-2014, 05:21 PM
We're a below average L2 side with too many elderly players and far too little ability/pace in the side. If I'm honest, I'm pleasantly surprised it's taken this long for us to be found out. Thank God we've got 30 odd points on the board!

If we were a below average League 2 side we wouldn't have 30 points in League One at Christmas. However, it's certainly true that we need a couple of good quality additions in January, and cover for a couple of defensive areas, to re-energise the team.

StockportPie
28-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Two points from the last 18 makes away record irrelevant & hopefully will add some realism to those who still think we are up for a play off place. Of which there is in fact no chance whatsoever.

Looking at fixtures coming up and the general cluelessness shown on Boxing Day (note MK Dons 0-3 reverse this afternoon to mid table Walsall) I am not entirely convinced we can seriously banish the "R" word as the next 20 points I suspect could be much harder to get than the first batch...

lovenotts
28-12-2014, 05:24 PM
How many shots did Bradford have on target? We were poor again today. I'm still unsure what tactic we played.
That said some of the **** shouted out by some Notts fans was ridiculous.. some of the players maybe clueless but so are some of the inbred idiots that attend games.

JoePass
28-12-2014, 05:29 PM
We will be ok under Derry, all clubs have morons, look over the river.

StockportPie
28-12-2014, 06:14 PM
I don't doubt SD and do not think the fans should shout abuse at him or the players...I certainly don't.But sorting out the disastrous hope form is the main priority and not as in the very recent past congratulating ourselves on play- off potential.

Which as stated I personally have not believed since back in early November, especially as for the first half of a season some teams over achieve (in our case away)... but not necessarily in the second half by which time they fade. We need to make sure that we don't fade completely !

dovp
28-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Today was hugely disappointing. I had said after he MK game that I was not downbeat as we had put in a decent performance against a much better side. Today, Bradford did not look much better than we did although they, like MK, were wasteful with some gilt edged chances.

I would make Jones the MOM today with a poor 6.5. We seemed incapable of controlling the ball and making simple passes, instead lumping it forward time after time despite the fact that we won nothing in the air. Smith has top level experience but seems incapable of making a decent pass whilst MaClaughlan looks to be in desperate need of a rest - unfortunately we don't have anyone else better. Twice he was in great situations inside the box and twice made the wrong decision.

Not one shot on target all game against an average side. Confidence looks to be low as almost all of them treated the ball like a hot potato.

Having had a moan, I'm more than happy with our end of year league position. I'm sure things will get

Bohinen
25-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Two points from the last 18 makes away record irrelevant & hopefully will add some realism to those who still think we are up for a play off place. Of which there is in fact no chance whatsoever.

Looking at fixtures coming up and the general cluelessness shown on Boxing Day (note MK Dons 0-3 reverse this afternoon to mid table Walsall) I am not entirely convinced we can seriously banish the "R" word as the next 20 points I suspect could be much harder to get than the first batch...

I used Google to find NCM and was taken to the last page, not the first for some reason. So I went forwards a bit in time and found this thread. No massive arguments but the same people telling us it will be OK (we got relegated, you may remember). StockportPie called it correctly though Jackal was well wide of the mark.

Oh, and guess who said this? We will be ok under Derry, all clubs have morons, look over the river.