PDA

View Full Version : Next up: Aberdeen

jwok
03-01-2015, 09:38 AM
This will test the characters on the park. Time to be brave! - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/next_up_aberdeen_850206/index.shtml)

Wellup4it
03-01-2015, 10:04 AM
A very tough game for sure. Picking up on comments from a couple of "informed" sources including Ian Baraclough its interesting to read that one or two changes might be made in tomorrow's team line up, with youth being given a chance and one or two others being sidelined and possibly not just for tomorrow's game.

Interestingly Mr Baraclough's arrival and new training regime seems to have coincided with an increase in injuries.

Simon Ramsden's early departure on Thursday was surprising - didn't see him injured. Also, what makes you think Steve Hammell's substitution may have been tactical? I'm just curious.

wellin
03-01-2015, 10:11 AM
If guys like Dougie Imrie and co can give us the run around it's scary what an in form Aberdeen could do. We have to close them down and work for the full ninety minutes, the only thing being, our player's aren't fit enough to put ninety minutes work into a game. I can see another gubbing on it's way to accelerate our fall from grace.

steviex
03-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Aberdeen will give us plenty of the ball tomorrow. Thats their style. They invite teams onto them and then hit them effectively on the break. We are that feckin slow in every department they will suck us forward and pick us off quite easily. I don't expect a 3 or even 4 nothing Aberdeen are masters of the 1-0 , 2-1. They give very little away to decent teams utter p1sh like us will be a stroll in the park to keep out. Unless we have something up our sleeve that we haven't shown all season.

jwok
03-01-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm guessing that it was a combination of factors that led to the switch. We were two down and something had to be done to change the game and the surface was probably doing Hammy's groin no favours.

Anyway, the substitution made no difference to the game - we were probably needing 11 changes!

Wellup4it
03-01-2015, 11:32 AM
I don't expect a 3 or even 4 nothing Aberdeen are masters of the 1-0 , 2-1.

Yes thats their style. How often do we hear, admittedly biased, BBC pundits wax lyrical about a classic Aberdeen win 1-0?

dazlhigh
03-01-2015, 12:01 PM
...and all the while Dons fans accuse everyone else of 'parking the bus'. Aberdeen have better players than us and they're on a roll. We've really struggled to work our way through lesser defences than Aberdeen's this season; I can't see where the inspiration is going to come from tomorrow when it hasn't been there all season.
Still, we travel in hope, and, bearing in mind that the Aberdeen squad, strong though it is in a Scottish context, isn't Real Madrid, you never know.

texaco cup
03-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Any of the players who played on Thursday who are selected to play tomorrow should be kicking the dressing room door down to get onto the pitch to atone for their dismal display against Hamilton.Any professional should not need a team talk after Thursday their own pride in themselves and the club should be enough for them to go out and burst a gutt for the manager and the fans so being the optimist all I can say is ''COME ON THE WELL'';) ;)