PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday

elf
05-01-2015, 05:34 PM
That 1st half performance was as bad as we've seen for a while. No shape, no attacking intent, no bloody idea.
However, credit to IB, he played a 17 yr old lad at LB and had the guts to give Thomas and Erwin a decent runout to see if they could change things.
For all the abuse he's had on here so far, at least he's prepared to use the kids which SM patently didn't do.
If he keeps the young lads involved, it will get better, as indeed they will, and I fancy they'll show us what we've got to look forward to.
Thomas is a great lad and needs to start sooner rather than later.

meister1991
05-01-2015, 07:13 PM
That 1st half performance was as bad as we've seen for a while. No shape, no attacking intent, no bloody idea.
However, credit to IB, he played a 17 yr old lad at LB and had the guts to give Thomas and Erwin a decent runout to see if they could change things.
For all the abuse he's had on here so far, at least he's prepared to use the kids which SM patently didn't do.
If he keeps the young lads involved, it will get better, as indeed they will, and I fancy they'll show us what we've got to look forward to.

here here, well said Elf.

steviex
05-01-2015, 07:59 PM

Ive always subscribed to the notion if they are good enough they are old enough. Far too often the Scottish mentality is play the old reliable warhorse even when they are utter gash rather than take a chance on youth.

sieb1886
05-01-2015, 10:37 PM
I'm in a bit of a unique position re yesterday's game; due to work committments I missed the entire 1st half, so can only comment on the 2nd.
When young Dom Thomas entered the fray, there was a distinct change in our play, and mood in the stands. At last, it looks like we might have someone with a bit of guile, can see a pass and ain't afraid to go direct at pace. He's no Lionel Messi for sure, but FFS he needs to start from now on. As for the Dons ... if that's the top of our domestic league, our game's in an even 5hittier state than I thought! That said, they should've scored at least 2 more in the 2nd half :?