View Full Version : Is it time to relegate Steve to...

mygiddypant
05-01-2015, 06:38 PM
sit in the stand?

In our first year at NYS I used to sit in the West stand. After a few games I moved to different areas of the ground, just to escape the volume of ranting from the dugout. I was glad to see that Steve reacted positively to the criticism that he attracted for his touchline performance; whether the improvement in performance/results was a result of less interference I don't know.
On Saturday I was back in the WS again, and really disappointed to see (and hear!) that the management team were back to micro-managing every aspect of the game.
If the players aren't intelligent enough to follow the game plan - get rid and bring in some who can. If the game plan isn't right, change it.
Final thought - encouragement usually brings better rewards than constant nagging.

millavanilla
05-01-2015, 06:51 PM
You get nothing long term by bullying players..they get fed up of the same shouting...and its worse when the players arnt as good as the opposition's, your telling them to do something that they cant..losing the dressing room is something that worries me...it spells relegation...

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
05-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Don't think he's ever really had the dressing room with amount of players we go through? Sometimes players play for themselves.

I just think with the way Evans is it's all going to go tits up in the end, fear we could be in the early stages of this. :/ :s

Not very positive I know but unfortunately I can't turn the big negatives I see into positives. I just see a bullsh!ting bully and a chairman falling for it, wasted money which has resulted in wasted chances.

I look at like this if straight after the playoff win Evans had got another job and the new manager had done the exact same things, I feel the majority would be very angry. You may say Evans has turned things round before, but for me the money he's wasted is a joke.

Pacman
05-01-2015, 07:36 PM
I also sat in the west stand on sat Ws5 - only yards from our dugout -I usually reside in east stand , I was really suprised at how much steve evens and paul raynor were yelling at our players even after we scored ! As for bournmouth their bench was really quiet- some fans nearby said most weeks its worse ! As you say this cant be good for the players !

MadN3il
05-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Well Ive seen some quotes on this board,But really.Evans may never had the dressing room behind him.Wow ,have we not had two promotions,or have I just had a dream these last two years.to have two promotions.Me thinks he has the team 1000% behinde him.we have a bad result.and all the fools come out of the wood work.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
05-01-2015, 07:56 PM
It's pretty obvious he's fell out with a lot of players while he's been here and if you know anything about dressing rooms you'd know everybody doesn't have to get on for you to have a successful team. Fool that's not very nice. :( :(

millertop
05-01-2015, 07:57 PM
I've sat/still sit in west stand since the first league game at NYS,

its a lot worse from the dugout this season than any other.

I've said a few times Evans should sit in the stands.

You just can't keep bellowing at players whiles in a game :/

leedsmiller
05-01-2015, 08:59 PM
It's often clear from the players reactions that his manic bellowing and frantic gesticulations, at the most inopportune moments it has to be said, are both distracting and confusing. Yes, he's passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve but there are ways of getting messages across without undermining confidence. Sometimes better results can be gleaned by an arm round the shoulder and words of encouragement.

(Yes, I'm well aware we've had two promotions in two years but we've also had one of the biggest turnovers of staff in the Football League - and there's always areas that can be improved).