PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't some players been given a chance?

Powertoola
05-01-2015, 10:12 PM
What I really don't understand about Steve Evans is his refusal, to give some of the players we bought a chance to show what they can do.?

Notably Fabian Brandy, Who is just what we need a fast, good dribbler , winger, who can cross and score.
or Conor Newton, who is similar but not as good in my opinion.
and players like Frecklington, who lets be honest is much better than Green, who never seems to find the right pass and misses absolute sitters.

any of you guys know?

mikemiller
05-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Most of the summer signings were injury prone before we signed them and, guess what, have continued picking up injuries...also, even from the brief glimpses we have seen of some of them, they don't look very good

Brin
06-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Most of the summer signings were injury prone before we signed them and, guess what, have continued picking up injuries...also, even from the brief glimpses we have seen of some of them, they don't look very good

Nor Championship quality and the gulf in class has shown but he can only work with so much money that is at his disposal...

RedAnt
06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
He brings players in, experiments, brings more players in, slates the players we have, offloads a bunch of players, 'changes the system' (another term for bringing more players in and playing with two defensive midfielders), watches those players go back to their clubs, slates the players we have and promises to make changes.

You have to wonder how he can make a judgement on some players in training, and then stand and watch Derbyshire fail week in, week out.

hillsborough miller
06-01-2015, 09:38 AM
red ant

go and watch them train and be amazed at his 'excellent coaching technique'

TimeforAle
06-01-2015, 10:00 AM

Nor Championship quality and the gulf in class has shown but he can only work with so much money that is at his disposal...[/quote]

BS pal - we've spent a relative fortune on bench warmers!!!

TimeforAle
06-01-2015, 10:00 AM
He brings players in, experiments, brings more players in, slates the players we have, offloads a bunch of players, 'changes the system' (another term for bringing more players in and playing with two defensive midfielders), watches those players go back to their clubs, slates the players we have and promises to make changes.

You have to wonder how he can make a judgement on some players in training, and then stand and watch Derbyshire fail week in, week out.

Spot on!!!!

millertop
06-01-2015, 10:19 AM

I wouldn't take any notice about him banging on about training, the laziest trainer is Arnason but still on pitch most games

gwru
06-01-2015, 12:07 PM
These fringe players if they were good enough they'd be playing. Only 2 we haven't seen is Rowe & Newton. Rowe has gone out on loan for rest of season, I'd sooner see him than Wood & Broadfoot given a chance. Newton why didn't manager play in the cup game in place of Green, what were there to lose.

Powertoola
06-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Spot On, I don't agree players like Brandy aren't championship quality, I have seen him play at a few clubs on multiple occasions, he's got the pace, the dribbling, the crossing and the finishing ability. Never really played. We only have two right wingers, Brandy and Newton, neither play; he uses CMs or Strikers like Bowery, to bodge the RW job. Never works.