PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Performance!

swaledale
10-01-2015, 03:19 PM
What a good result and an excellent gritty performance today, these are the kind of games we have to get a result out of if we are going for automatic, thats 4 wins on the bounce and 4 clean sheets.

Rattea
10-01-2015, 03:45 PM
What a good result and an excellent gritty performance today, these are the kind of games we have to get a result out of if we are going for automatic, thats 4 wins on the bounce and 4 clean sheets.

I wouldn't say excellent performance.

Excellent result but we created about nothing and let Ipswich undo themselves.

Big difference in performance and results.

I went there when in a similar situation in grand national day when simo scored and I think we won 2 0 ... That was an excellent performance. Very different from today.

eamonnram
10-01-2015, 03:52 PM
That 1st and 3rd we've beat now and we are second. Not bad for a team that hasn't improved and just stayed stagnant >;)

southernram22
10-01-2015, 03:56 PM
think that Ipswich played into our hands . we kept murphy reasonably quiet. think we may have to play shotton at right back for a while and hope Thorne is not too far from match fitness

Rattea
10-01-2015, 03:58 PM
I think they did play into our hands yes.

Big call Thorne being able to get back and settle in. I can't see it but could be proved wrong.

And on that game and a poor Ipswich I think it shows how we haven't improved since last year. Be didn't create or break them down. If they had scored think we would have struggled.

swaledale
10-01-2015, 04:04 PM
So we beat Ipswich who last lost at home in August and were second in the league and they were poor?

It was always going to be a tight game, we matched them and refused to be out muscled, Hughes got stronger and stronger in the midfield and overall it was (as McClaren said) a good result and an excellent performance.

He actually said that even if it had ended as a draw he would have been very pleased with the performance. because the team stood up and were counted, which I totally agree with.

As for the jibe about improvement, I'm not biting the facts are clear and obvious but I fully respect your choice to ignore them.

Toggles
10-01-2015, 04:05 PM

Big call Thorne being able to get back and settle in. I can't see it but could be proved wrong.

And on that game and a poor Ipswich I think it shows how we haven't improved since last year. Be didn't create or break them down. If they had scored think we would have struggled.

The wind made it very difficult for either team to play to their strengths today. A top of the table clash where the result was everything. Often makes for a scrappy one. Like next week, form out of the window a bit and just about today. Very pleased we edged it. Not always the way recently.

blackandwhite56
10-01-2015, 05:11 PM

We haven't improved ...
Stupid boy !

Last year you were complaining we couldn't beat top teams...

Do you carry that bucket of sand your head is stuck everywhere with you? You just make yourself look foolish.

swaledale
10-01-2015, 05:37 PM

We haven't improved ...
Stupid boy !

Do you carry that bucket of sand your head is stuck everywhere with you? You just make yourself look foolish.[/quote]

Save your fingers its not worth responding, as you say i don't remember being equal top last January!

Rattea
10-01-2015, 05:50 PM

We haven't improved ...
Stupid boy !

Do you carry that bucket of sand your head is stuck everywhere with you? You just make yourself look foolish.[/quote]

Then how have we improved? Back it up with examples and arguement?

If fester and the singles were in this division playing like they did last year that would have been forth against fifth. Last year we could not break down the better teams and that was proved at Wembley when we couldn't even with ten men.

And today you talk about how our passing

swaledale
10-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Boring ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

blackandwhite56
10-01-2015, 05:55 PM

We haven't improved ...
Stupid boy !

If fester and the singles were in this division playing like they did last year that would have been forth against fifth. Last year we could not break down the better teams and that was proved at Wembley when we couldn't even with ten men.

D_D
10-01-2015, 05:56 PM

We haven't improved ...
Stupid boy !

swaledale
10-01-2015, 05:59 PM
There is no point in indulging him! he has a view, its not one that most fans or posters on here would agree is valid, and frankly he is welcome to it!

We are joint top, I'm enjoying the games, we have a realistic chance of promotion as far as I'm concerned thats all that matters anything else is just hogwash!

BuxtonRam
10-01-2015, 07:16 PM

Two questions about this post...

You say you don't think Thorne will come back and settle. Why not? He had not long returned from a similar injury last season when we signed him on loan and he came into our team and excelled. Is there any particular reason why you don't think he will again or is it just speculation?

Also you say today shows that we haven't improved. Last season we lost away to Ipswich, so what happened to your like for like comparison? Has that gone out the window now it doesn't suit your argument?

LoyalFan
10-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Just wondered what your opinions are on today's game?

Was it that we came up against poor opposition? despite the fact they have lost at home in the league once this season...
Was it that they were out of form? As they hadn't lost a league game since October...
Maybe it was that Daryl murphy had his boots on the wrong feet? Despite him leading the championship top scorers chart with 17 goals already this season.
Or maybe we just got lucky and macca is clueless and had clough still been in charge we would have won it by 4 or 5...

Which one is it rodent? Or are we ignoring the FACTS again today

ramspride
10-01-2015, 09:12 PM

I wouldn't say excellent performance.

Excellent result but we created about nothing and let Ipswich undo themselves.

Big difference in performance and results.

I went there when in a similar situation in grand national day when simo scored and I think we won 2 0 ... That was an excellent performance. Very different from today.[/quote]

Funny that I'm sure Steve said after the game it was a good performance. He said we defended well when we had to,passed well and attackted well. A good performance is not all about attacking the opposition all the time. So Mac is wrong again Rattea?

beano2
10-01-2015, 10:10 PM
It was good, professional performance. Was a bit worried for the first 15 minutes but then Derby started to boss it and by half time thought we were on top. Ipswich were disappointing and despite their early chances offered little after that. Will Hughes outstanding for me and played with maturity beyond his years; intricate passing with a great perception of the situation. Johnny Russel has slotted so well into our set up and is always reliable to do a job. No one had a bad game and it was an outstanding result. With Bournemouth losing and Boro drawing, turned out to be a great day for Rams fans, and one to be proud. Hopefully that includes you Rattea...;D

Stimaclegend
10-01-2015, 11:24 PM
[no body]

swaledale
10-01-2015, 11:48 PM
It was good, professional performance. Was a bit worried for the first 15 minutes but then Derby started to boss it and by half time thought we were on top. Ipswich were disappointing and despite their early chances offered little after that. Will Hughes outstanding for me and played with maturity beyond his years; intricate passing with a great perception of the situation. Johnny Russel has slotted so well into our set up and is always reliable to do a job. No one had a bad game and it was an outstanding result. With Bournemouth losing and Boro drawing, turned out to be a great day for Rams fans, and one to be proud. Hopefully that includes you Rattea...;D

I think the goal really rocked them, and although they recovered a little they got a bit kick and rush and we kept our cool.

I don't buy this their a poor team, thats their first loss at home since August FFS! Every time we win it cannot be because the other team is poor? Look

beano2
11-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Maybe you're right and we do make other teams look poor. Ipswich were disappointing for a reason so can't disagree with your point.

Ozderby23
11-01-2015, 10:41 AM
The Rattea came the Rattea went. Create controversy then off you go. Have been on other forums but pretty boring- everyone is very polite and agree on nearly everything. I may not agree (far from) but respect what he contributes - controversy and open discussion. at the end of the day is a far more interesting forum and love the interaction between contributors, if only I didn't have to see the words "Comedy Gold" or "FACT" again. Nice to see QPR have a record of the most away losses (in a row) in the PL - enough of Derby having too many records for the PL - especially at the time I was waiting for a decent run to justify paying for the sports channels but as you can imagine could never justify the cost. Thank heavens for the Internet and streaming as can now watch most games or at least download the Football League show. In Austalia in a past age we use to get the Division 1 (yes that long ago) a 60 minute package on the highlights but everything else we had to rely on magazines tha