PDA

View Full Version : Youth Cup

out0lunch
13-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Don't forget Youth Cup, Wednesday evening at 7 pm

Let's see if we can get over 1,000 there.
Great value and a chance to see the stars of the future and realise why our academy is the way forward and always has been

alexmick
13-01-2015, 11:14 AM
I suggest that those travelling a distance, check that the game is on before you set off. Weather warning for Wednesday - heavy rain and strong winds. Pitch will take a pounding.

Edit... that was last night's forecast...looking on the BBC internet site, the rain will not arrive until later on Wednesday evening...they just keep changing their minds.

number1stuartevans
13-01-2015, 02:03 PM
You coming mikesb mate? see where all the billions we spend on these useless kids goes? ;-) Totally tongue in cheek mike, hope you can make it .And to those of you who havent been to one of these games come on down its fabulous entertainment and also gives you a pointer as to whats next off the conveyor belt of talent.:) :D ;D

D4zer
13-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Cannot wait, have really enjoyed these youth games and only £3 a ticket. Hoping for a good result with Arsenal away looming in the next round

MikeSB
13-01-2015, 05:07 PM
You coming mikesb mate? see where all the billions we spend on these useless kids goes? ;-) Totally tongue in cheek mike, hope you can make it .And to those of you who havent been to one of these games come on down its fabulous entertainment and also gives you a pointer as to whats next off the conveyor belt of talent.:) :D ;D

Hi mate, haha, like it. I would go had it been warmer but try and avoid winter night games like the plague as I need two cardigans in a hot summer, lol. I will try and see them at GR or RH one of the warmer days though.

As said before, it makes no sense NOT playing football in the best months of the year (May-July) and all freezing nuts and bolts off in winter! ;)

out0lunch
13-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Well AM I will consult my pine cone re the weather but it will have to be tomorrow as it does not work at night !

Very disappointed in you MikeSB I was hoping for your input on the youth system.

out0lunch
14-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Pine cone says blustery up to kick off and then chance of rain about 30% chance so it should be ok. Temp about 7 degrees so only one set of thermals.

crewedaft
14-01-2015, 02:39 PM
If anyone going tonight is able to update latest scores on to this site it would be much appreciated!!

One_Dean_Ashton
14-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Cooper has asked Steve Davis if he can play tonight, and Steve has granted permission.

Fancy our boys to get through tonight with Super George amonst the ranks!

alexmick
14-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Pine cone says blustery up to kick off and then chance of rain about 30% chance so it should be ok. Temp about 7 degrees so only one set of thermals.

Yes, likely to remain dry, but I suspect it will be mighty cold tonight. Only 3C at the moment. That wind is picking up...hold onto your hats. ;)

alexmick
14-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Leading 1-0... O'Neill with the goal after just 5 minutes. Assist from Brown.

One_Dean_Ashton
14-01-2015, 08:08 PM
HT: 2-0. Liam O'Neill with both goals

One_Dean_Ashton
14-01-2015, 08:27 PM
4-0 now. Bolton down to 10

alexmick
14-01-2015, 08:36 PM
4-0 now. Bolton down to 10

Super Crewe...Bring on the Gunners. :)

alexmick
14-01-2015, 08:37 PM
5-0...

alexmick
14-01-2015, 08:41 PM
722 spectators... well done for braving the cold. Great gate, great supporters, great club. :)

MikeSB
14-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Brilliant result well done lads.

Just put my bin out and its not fit for a dog to be out in this weather so cold, COLD, windy and wet and so well done to all the 722 fans.

I just cannot get my head around why we can't play these games on a nice May evening though. The FA must be brain dead! ;)

out0lunch
15-01-2015, 12:33 AM
A fantastic game and those that didn't go you missed some great football.
Difficult to choose who was the best player as they all played well. To be honest it could have been 10-0
Kenny Lunt is one of the coaches of this team and you can see he certainly has an influence on them.

It wasn't cold, 7 degrees centigrade apparently and I was actually warmer than on Saturday. Yes it rained but we were under cover in the stand. Perhaps though we should play in Summer when there is less rain !!!

All in all though a great night and it could have been ten. Bonus? Neil Lennon sat in front of us and we had a good chat and great to say he is still a nice guy just like when he was playing here. We were talking amongst ourselves about a match over 20 years ago and he turned round and said 'yeah I played in that one.'

DGFG
15-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Yep, echo everything Outforlunch says (although I was n't fortunate enough to run into Neil Lennnon), it really was n't that cold and the wind dropped to allow the lads to play at their preferred quick tempo with great movement.5-0 in no way flattered us and they really do look like a special group of players - in fairness, the sending off was a bit harsh (penalty looked soft too but don't they all these days?) but we were already 2-0 up and totally dominant at that stage.

Lowery played in midfield instead of Howell (believe latter is injured?) and the transition was seamless - I believe Bolton are Category 1 and did very well in the tournament a couple of years ago - they were completely outclassed.

The first team policy with the loan players makes complete sense with the imminent emergence of this group and last year's group (plus Nolan and Waters from the year before).

There's always the risk that we might lose one or two of course but we look to have about 15 emerging players wh

AstonAlex
15-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Bolton were outclassed last night - a case of a team of really good little 'uns beating a team of not that good bigguns I think.

I took my ManU supporting neighbour along to the match with his 10 year old and he said how much better it was than watching Utd against Saints had been on Sunday and was impressed with the qualities of our lads, expecially the Number 8. For me, Mullarkey was outstanding in a really good team performance.

The poster above mentioned Sir Lenward K Lunt (everyone's favourite spoonerism) and his influence. I can't remember him barking out as loud when he was a player, but to hear him coaching with advice like "pass, move, again, pass, now move, pass again" summed up what the team were all about - and they tried to follow his advice all the time.

Top night out and on that performance whould give the Gunners (or Royston Cropper) a good run for their money. What a promising future we saw.

alexbarmy
15-01-2015, 02:20 PM
The 4th and 5th goals were great moves, starting right back at our penalty area.

The future looks good...

VindePays2009
15-01-2015, 06:43 PM
The youth team are pure pleasure for those of us who rely on Alex twitter and the Footymad site.

None of the first team's messing around with zero shots on goal and the appearance of being beaten up for at least the first thirty minutes of any game, as the stats become cringeworthy.

No, straight in there, no messing about, and you settle down for an evening of joy and not frazzled nerves.

Well done, youngsters!

out0lunch
15-01-2015, 07:22 PM
I think what I enjoy about the Youth games over the years is that the result doesn't matter, although it is nice to win, it is looking at the team and trying to think which players might progress into the 1st team.