PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Wright-Phillips turned down Bolton loan move

campo21
16-01-2015, 04:17 PM
HARRY Redknapp claims Shaun Wright-Phillips has turned down the chance to sign for Wanderers on loan.

The QPR boss has tried to loan out the former England international, who has played just 192 minutes of football in 16 months for the club.

But speaking this morning, Redknapp says the 33-year-old has failed to reach the right financial agreement – and is happy to sit on his contract at Loftus Road until it expires this summer.

Owen Coyle came close to bringing Wright-Phillips to Bolton in 2011 before he turned down the offer to join up with QPR.

Now it has emerged that Neil Lennon has also looked into bringing the former Manchester City star back to the North West as he looks to add attacking options to his squad.

“We've offered Shaun the chance to go out on loan, but he's not wanted to go. I think he needs to move on and play - I've told him that many times,” Redknapp said.

“He is a good lad, he's not a minute's problem. He trains hard. I think he needs to move on. But he's not

campo21
16-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Who can blame him he would have been offered less than half his current wage to join us!

Whatsmore
16-01-2015, 05:36 PM
So its a love of money when hes already a multi millionaire,rather than the love of playing football.A disgrace to the sport,the greedy dwarf cnt.We don't want ponces like him at our club.

gallopingchip
16-01-2015, 05:55 PM
So its a love of money when hes already a multi millionaire,rather than the love of playing football.A disgrace to the sport,the greedy dwarf cnt.We don't want ponces like him at our club.
I agree, it's disgraceful. Could you imagine the great Nat doing that, he would have played for Bolton Wanderers for nothing I would imagine.

campo21
16-01-2015, 06:30 PM
I agree, it's disgraceful. Could you imagine the great Nat doing that, he would have played for Bolton Wanderers for nothing I would imagine.[/quote]

I agree but it's all about money with the young players now!

garyp1803
16-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Lennon has definitely not been in for SWP and I wouldn't want the guy anyway.

Our midfield has far too many midgets, especially when you consider some of the players we've played in the same midfield.Chungy, Spearing, Medo & Mavies in the same midfield, no thanks!

JimmyJazz64
16-01-2015, 07:34 PM
SWP is pathetic. He chose to sign for QPR for the money and nothing else. To be prepared to sit on his contract and not play is one of the worst examples of the modern game.

Fk him. Hope he rots. He was a great young player who put in a couple of sparkling performances for England, and has followed the money ever since. I bet his Dad is not impressed!!!

campo21
16-01-2015, 07:40 PM
SWP is pathetic. He chose to sign for QPR for the money and nothing else. To be prepared to sit on his contract and not play is one of the worst examples of the modern game.

Fk him. Hope he rots. He was a great young player who put in a couple of sparkling performances for England, and has followed the money ever since. I bet his Dad is not impressed!!!

His dad has probably advised him to sit on the bench and take the big money JJ.

JimmyJazz64
16-01-2015, 07:48 PM
I doubt it somehow. Ian Wright was someone who was always desperate to play. His agent has a lot to answer for in my opinion. Agents are the root of all evil in football!!!

Whatsmore
16-01-2015, 10:09 PM
Ian wright is a top guy,and was a fantastic player.Dont forget this dwarf so called son is in only.Hes not ians flesh and blood,if he was I suspect he would play for Atherton cols,just aslong as he was kicking a football.

klassnic
16-01-2015, 10:40 PM
he's too slow now for on the wings

he's lost his ability to perform like chungy

the hunger has gone especially as he's been enjoying a rich food lifestyle

but fair play to him he's had a great career next year he'll be at hearts or Northampton for cup of tea and a packaet of crisps