PDA

View Full Version : Sadio Mane

RICKYwillTAKEusUP
19-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Hoping his injury isn't aggravated by inclusion in the AFCON - he's on the bench for the first game, although he's 'unlikely to play', but Ronald originally said 4-6 weeks and a comeback in the second game will be significantly ahead of schedule. Fingers crossed he comes back to Southampton fit! - view external link (http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11734524._/?ref=mac)

PapaLazarou
19-01-2015, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't want Mane to be out for any longer than is absolutely necessary, and it would be very frustrating if participation in the ACON aggravated his injury and resulted in a longer spell on the physio table.

That said, if Elia continues to perform as he has in his opening two games, I'd be much less concerned about Mane being available for Saints the minute the ACON is concluded.

Charlie_Wayman
19-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't want Mane to be out for any longer than is absolutely necessary, and it would be very frustrating if participation in the ACON aggravated his injury and resulted in a longer spell on the physio table.

That said, if Elia continues to perform as he has in his opening two games, I'd be much less concerned about Mane being available for Saints the minute the ACON is concluded.

Agreed. Ideally we want Mane back fit and ready when required. The same applies to Yoshida. We are likely to require all hands on deck if we are to finish with something tangible this season.

PapaLazarou
19-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Mane unused in Senegal's 2-1 win over Ghana so, unless he 'does a Beasant' and smashes a bottle over his own foot, he'll get another few days to recover.

Next up is an evening kick-off against South Africa this Friday.

proclaimer
19-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Unlike the World Cup where you hope England do well only to find them being returned quicker than a delivery of Skate shirts. In this competition it seems fans want their own club player to do really well but hope other teams progress as they get the twin benefit of their own players returning and their competitors players still in the tournament.

Bodes well for a winter World Cup. :s

Joffyw
19-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Has anyone sussed out a channel the ACON games are being shown on yet, been through my tv guide and not seeing a thing.

Ignore that, just found it on Eurosport. Usually bypass that unless i'm in the mood for tennis or cross country skiing...

PapaLazarou
19-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Has anyone sussed out a channel the ACON games are being shown on yet..

Eurosport, I think.

Joffyw
19-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Saphir Taider just come on for Algeria with 25 to go,will be interesting to see how bad he is...

Pentridge
19-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Saphir Taider just come on for Algeria with 25 to go,will be interesting to see how bad he is...

Ha ha, had forgotten about him!

Joffyw
19-01-2015, 08:57 PM
I think most of his team mates did as well,was everywhere the ball wasnt...

kernow
19-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Has anyone sussed out a channel the ACON games are being shown on yet, been through my tv guide and not seeing a thing.

ITV4, 10 pm, Senegal v Zambia.