PDA

View Full Version : The mind

bongosdad
22-01-2015, 11:14 PM
What creates the consciousness of the mind. It's not like you can cut a brain open and see it. It's a thing science still can't explain.

yubbywelch
23-01-2015, 06:42 AM
All depends on the kids your babysitting.

:D

ozfan
01-02-2015, 02:37 AM
This is an interesting topic. There are numerous explanations both scientific and spiritual.

The very essence of what is us. The accumulation of all our individual experiences.Various indoctorines be they educational, parental or religious. Our conscious is simply our ability to be aware of ourselves. To recognise self. Some have progressed further into a higher state of awareness. Some claim they can take their conscious and leave their bodies. I have experienced the latter twice albeit accidentally and I didn't go far.

Then we have the subconscious...

MissWinnie
01-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Yes, fascinating topic. My understanding of it is similar to Oz's ...

I'll try to (probably very badly) explain from my perspective ...

If you think of the mind as a kind of processor - constantly analysing, sifting information, judging - the thinking part of us. Well, as Oz says, our consciousness is detached from this as it is our ability to be aware. It does not judge or think. It merely observes and notices. For example, if you pick up a leaf and just look at it carefully - and really notice what you are seeing and feeling - the intricate detail of it's veins, perhaps, how it feels in your hand, and so on - then that is your consciousness. If we take this further, you might notice bodily sensations, what you are thinking, as you hold the leaf, emotions, and so on. When you start noticing how you are feeling, and what you are thinking, then you are becoming more self aware.

Some would say that our consciousness transcends our physical bodies and so accompanies us on our j

bongosdad
01-02-2015, 01:04 PM
That funny state you were in winnie was the same as a hypnotic state and I reckon oz might have been in a similar state but much deeper to experience an outer body experience.
Yoga meditation and hypnotherapy is all about blocking the conscious thoughts out and focus on the more powerful subconscious mind. You seem to need to be in this state to experience spiritual experiences in possible different dimensions? Interestingly when people pray they go into a state of meditation and talks to god and the spirit world.

bongosdad
01-02-2015, 01:18 PM
The subconscious mind never switches off unlike your concious mind. Your subconscious thoughts will always be more influencial than your concious thoughts. For example if you were told you were thick when you were young it can stay in your subconscious. Even though your concious mind knows your not thick you cant help feeling thick because of the negative subconscious thought.
Ive been learning how to tap into the subconscious and heal from within and change the negative subconscious image to a possitive one.

NuclearDevice
04-02-2015, 10:50 PM
What creates the consciousness of the mind. It's not like you can cut a brain open and see it. It's a thing science still can't explain.

You've lost yours if you think Lambert is the man to save us, or MON is to become the returning prodigal son.

XD XD

Balanbam00
07-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Here is another article that you like :Bongo

Reincarnation

Science will one day confirm this

Check out the Daily Mail , just another of these inncidents

'
'When I woke up, I was a baby and youd me Luke': Mom claims her five-year- old son remembers his past life as a Chicago woman who died in a house fire.

xchurchVilla
07-02-2015, 07:41 PM
This is an interesting topic. There are numerous explanations both scientific and spiritual.

The very essence of what is us. The accumulation of all our individual experiences.Various indoctorines be they educational, parental or religious. Our conscious is simply our ability to be aware of ourselves. To recognise self. Some have progressed further into a higher state of awareness. Some claim they can take their conscious and leave their bodies. I have experienced the latter twice albeit accidentally and I didn't go far.

Then we have the subconscious...

A topic that has interested me for several years. I have a few books on astral projection and OBEs. Would be interested to here more on your experiences Oz - if you care to share?

Exiledvillan
08-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Not forgetting the unconscious mind. Freud built a theory around it, bit more believable than his psycho-***ual theory. Carl Rogers also delves into the unconscious, believing that the self is such.

All impossible to prove but certainly interesting.

ozfan
08-02-2015, 10:05 PM
A topic that has interested me for several years. I have a few books on astral projection and OBEs. Would be interested to here more on your experiences Oz - if you care to share?

I don't mind.

The first time it was around ten minutes after switching off the light. I went from lying on my back staring at the ceiling to standing upright outside. My nose about three inches from the wall. Directly behind the wall was my bed. I felt confused. Looking up and back I could see the air conditioner. Could hear it humming and watching it dripping water on to the stones.Then I leaned back to look at the stars. It was just so ordinary. Quite suddenly the reality dawned that I had already gone to bed. To put it simply, I panicked. From there it felt like I could feel every single molecule in my body. Severe tingling which was more pleasant than painful and then a feeling of just collapsing/surrender. I felt movement but nothing visuall

Balanbam00
09-02-2015, 07:19 AM
xchurchVilla:

It seems like these are the first steps on a new path and that path is spirituality. Its all very interesting but it is not the 'end product 'as it were.

The aim ,or goal in life is very different for all people, we are not all on the same steps of 'the ladders ',for some it wil be to raise kids ,have a happy family and that's it! For others there is nothing ,no goal, nada!

Anybody want to add/share 'your goal in life '.

Happy days to all !

xchurchVilla
09-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Thanks for sharing Oz.

I have tried Astal Projection on a number of occasions, without a great deal of success. I usually find that the first attempt is the best each time with a feeling of "floatyness" but the second I become aware of what is happening, I immediately feel as if I have rushed back into my body.

I have heard of many different ways to create an OBE but none really seem to work for me. Would love to experience something similar to your experiences

xchurchVilla
09-02-2015, 08:00 PM
[quote="MissWinnie"]Yes, fascinating topic. My understanding of it is similar to Oz's ...

I'll try to (probably very badly) explain from my perspective ...

If you think of the mind as a kind of processor - constantly analysing, sifting information, judging - the thinking part of us. Well, as Oz says, our consciousness is detached from this as it is our ability to be aware. It does not judge or think. It merely observes and notices. For example, if you pick up a leaf and just look at it carefully - and really notice what you are seeing and feeling - the intricate detail of it's veins, perhaps, how it feels in your hand, and so on - then that is your consciousness. If we take this further, you might notice bodily sensations, what you are thinking, as you hold the leaf, emotions, and so on. When you start noticing how you are feeling, and what you are thinking, then you are becoming more self aware.

Some would say that our consciousness transcends ou

xchurchVilla
09-02-2015, 08:03 PM
where I felt I was is the area described as the third eye somewhere behind the centre of the forehead.

Appreciate this all sounds complete madness to the unbelievers! :D

bongosdad
09-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Like yourself xchurch ive been trying different methods of trying to develop the 3rd eye with little sussess. Myself and two friends are thinking of going to south America and see a shaman but that would involve taking ayahuasca that would take you straight into the spirt world.
Im new to all this and im trying to contact my spirt guide and spirit world.
If you remember my careers thread a few months back I had some advice from you about the leisure industry and I chose Hypnotherapy instead and on my 4th month.
Its very similar to a very deep meditation but the hypnotherapist helps you get there.

bongosdad
09-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Here is another article that you like :Bongo

Reincarnation

Science will one day confirm this

Check out the Daily Mail , just another of these inncidents

'
'When I woke up, I was a baby and youd me Luke': Mom claims her five-year- old son remembers his past life as a Chicago woman who died in a house fire.

I hope not. Im not sure I would like to be born again.

ozfan
10-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Thanks for sharing Oz.

I have tried Astal Projection on a number of occasions, without a great deal of success. I usually find that the first attempt is the best each time with a feeling of "floatyness" but the second I become aware of what is happening, I immediately feel as if I have rushed back into my body.

I have heard of many different ways to create an OBE but none really seem to work for me. Would love to experience something similar to your experiences

My pleasure.

Your feeling of rushing back into your body really resonated with me. You must have been so close. I wish I could say I had a method but both episodes were spontaneous. I've had other weird stuff too. I guess we all do to some extent if we're around long enough. Those things our rational brains can't explain. No matter how hard we try to convince ourselves.

I believe in nothing except the possibility of everything.