PDA

View Full Version : We are Not Vocal Enough

Ericsladkilnhurst
25-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Some of my family are Huddersfield supporters, be it my son, his grown up children are loyal followers of the team.
When we played Huddersfield at NYS, my son said we were p*ss poor at getting behind the Millers.

Having my grandchildren over today along with other Huddersfield supporters, we talked about the game, of course main topic was how we pulled 2 goals back to gain a point.
But also they were saying that they & fellow Huddersfield supporters thought we are not vocal enough.
My opinion we only have short bursts at getting behind our team, we have to start & give them more, show the away supporters this is our ground, & we are the dominant supporters.
Has a previous member said on another posting, Middlesbrough supporters came to NYS & showed how it should be done.

Lets raise the roof on Tuesday against Bolton & show our team we are behind them, we want 3 points !

UTM

UTM1991
25-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Totally agree with this 100%. BUT in all honesty I think the wrong type of supporters are in the north stand, or the ones that are vocal are too spread out at the back of the stand.

Pitty because when we play in the derbys or big games everyone seems to be vocal and back the team and it sounds awesome. Many times us lot at the back try each game to generate an atmosphere but theres too many that just sit on thier hands and keep there mouths shut. Theres only so much trying you can do before you just give up.

I think what the club should try and do is allocate a certain block in the north stand for the vocal lot. I think this could help us generate a decent atmosphere like when boro visited.

Im sure some will agree with that having a decent atmosphere can change a players game and give the squad a much needed boost espically when we go a goal down. All we do when we go a goal down is just instantly shut up and keep quiet.

Starting from Tuesday night we should all try and make an eff

stormmiller
26-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Too busy fighting amongst our selves to get behind the team! :blue:

djsld
26-01-2015, 07:36 AM
Some of my family are Huddersfield supporters, be it my son, his grown up children are loyal followers of the team.
When we played Huddersfield at NYS, my son said we were p*ss poor at getting behind the Millers.

Having my grandchildren over today along with other Huddersfield supporters, we talked about the game, of course main topic was how we pulled 2 goals back to gain a point.
But also they were saying that they & fellow Huddersfield supporters thought we are not vocal enough.
My opinion we only have short bursts at getting behind our team, we have to start & give them more, show the away supporters this is our ground, & we are the dominant supporters.
Has a previous member said on another posting, Middlesbrough supporters came to NYS & showed how it should be done.

Lets raise the roof on Tuesday against Bolton & show our team we are behind them, we want 3 points !

UTM

Unfortunately, it has virtually always b

riccallmiller
26-01-2015, 11:56 AM
We are excellent at typing negative drivel though. oh and moaning.

WorcestershireMiller
26-01-2015, 12:26 PM
[quote="djsld"]Some of my family are Huddersfield supporters, be it my son, his grown up children are loyal followers of the team.

UTM[/quote

Millerboy08
26-01-2015, 12:43 PM
100% agree however I've noticed other teams from the prem down to con have songs that have been sung for decades song that are sung wen a goal is scored ie QPR us on the othe hand had for example a slow drone of Alan alan lee or red n white army or even more poor YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE
Why havnt we got a solid song that wen heard is associated with rotherham Utd
I'd say sing about players to boost moral etc but we can't keep up with the ever spinning door.
So come tomorrow were back to slow drones of red and white army!
Oh the passion is electric!!!!!

Ericsladkilnhurst
26-01-2015, 07:12 PM
I was brought up on the Tivoli end at Millmoor,singing Ilkley Moor Baht'at, singing away about a bloke who took his girlfriend on the moors.

Where as tha bin sin ah last saw thee,where as tha bin ah last saw thee.
On Ilkley Moor bah tat
Where as tha bin sin ah last saw thee
On Ilkley Moor bah tat
On Ilkley Moor bah tat
On Ilkley Moor bah tat
Tha's been a f*cking Mary Jane
Tha's been a f*cking Mary Jane
On Ilkley Moor bah tat
On Ilkley Moor bah tat

Plus " A Lonely Sparrow "

Happy memories on the Tivoli End

PS Which b*stard pinched me Rotherham hat against Man United.

Brin
26-01-2015, 07:13 PM
I still sing ... De de de de de de de Alex Revell cos I can't keep up wi all news :?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
26-01-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm the kind of fan who would rather sing regardless as it's much more fun, I'm sure there's more out there, but it's not easy when the majority don't want to do that. I do my moaning on here. :D :D

Millerboy08
27-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Just nearly had a full blown bust up wi a pig fan
His song suggestion was as follows
He signs who no one want
He signs who no one wants that fat cont steve evans
He signs who know one wants!!!

I feckin hate wednesday fans!!

luvpud
27-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Just nearly had a full blown bust up wi a pig fan
His song suggestion was as follows
He signs who no one want
He signs who no one wants that fat cont steve evans
He signs who know one wants!!!

I feckin hate wednesday fans!!

May I suggest giving him a good kicking at playtime .

Millerboy08
27-01-2015, 04:43 PM
hahaha

nymiller95
27-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Where **** at home but think we great away for amount of fans we take

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Behind the team tonight !

But can do better !

gramiller1959
27-01-2015, 11:12 PM
not one verse of are you watching liverpool ?

it was poor :/ only noise after each goal :s

PeteWaller
27-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Tried ... on occasions but along way off what used to be. Still, results improve and so does the singing. Shouldn't be like that but it is.

UTM