PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me

albert_bennett
27-01-2015, 11:52 AM
If we sacked Steve Evans who could we get in that would work harder or be more commited to us than him .Who could buy better players on our budget or make players we have stop missing chances.Its time to face it our budget [which we need to stick to unless we want to risk going bust again]makes building a team able to hold its own in this league very difficult.I thought that every sensible miller knew this season was going to be tough and staying up would be a sucsess .We have been in bottem 3 for 1 week only so why are certain people making it even harder for us by knifing Steve in the back

jolly_roger
27-01-2015, 11:59 AM
That's a very good point, sack and then think about a replacement is a bad tactic. That's how you get a Danny Wilson or similar.

Best to do a bit of homework first.

Long term prospect for me would be Gary Neville

Will get fed up of Sky and will be looking for start in management. Got the coaching badges, played in top flight, ex man Utd, got the contacts and knows the higher leagues and tactics inside out.

You never know?

ColinRUFC
27-01-2015, 12:03 PM
If we sacked Steve Evans who could we get in that would work harder or be more commited to us than him .Who could buy better players on our budget or make players we have stop missing chances.Its time to face it our budget [which we need to stick to unless we want to risk going bust again]makes building a team able to hold its own in this league very difficult.I thought that every sensible miller knew this season was going to be tough and staying up would be a sucsess .We have been in bottem 3 for 1 week only so why are certain people making it even harder for us by knifing Steve in the back

So, right now, nobody. The cupboards are (apparently) bare, and the budget is spent. Unless we continue to sell tangible assets to bring in more loan players.

At the beginning of this season, or even before the January window opened? I think my 5yo daughter could have devised a better transfer policy.

Yes, this season was always going t

albert_bennett
27-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Im sure ive read you saying we need a manager with championship experience now you suggest a manager with no experience.God knows how much money his wages would cost us,so even less on players budget ... brilliant

albert_bennett
27-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Yoyoing isn't easy ask the blades.Getting up is fantastic so staying up is ***** if we are ever going to be a club that can hold its own in it .Steve is trying to put a team together that can keep us up this year and that's not an easy job.Watch the game tonight and see how much better we are playing than anytime in last 10 years [ and it still might not be enough for 3 points ]

vespabri
27-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Ive said for a long time now, Steve Thompson.

Also if they would genuinely want a managers role and on our wage structure then Mike Phelan or Peter Beardsley.

albert_bennett
27-01-2015, 12:25 PM
And any 1 of these would work harder than Steve? cant see it myself and non of them got any more experience in this league.I wish fans would have more loyalty and appreciate what he as done for us . Surely he should be judged at end of season he as earned that

Donald_Valley
27-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Next manager will be on the pitch at half time tonight. Doing a good job at Buxton. Got good connections with the club and a fans favorite from a positive time at the club. Forgot spoutings about, they won't come to Rotherham anyway so we may as well stick to someone with a connection to the club who has got some experience.

vespabri
27-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Not said anything about not appreciating what he"s done..neither have i said they would work harder than him.
You asked fors...i gave you 3

Oh and Donald, i would also have Marin Mackintosh...
Thats 4

saabmiller
27-01-2015, 12:29 PM
I`m sure now - for the first time - Tony Stewart is deciding whether or not to stick with Steve as manager. The issue is not the negative stuff on this board from fans but players and backroom staff have told Tony they have had enough of Steve and his style of management. Lose one man or lose many? it`s usually the one that leaves when this happens. I wouldn`t be surprised to see a change with Nigel Adkins coming in

albert_bennett
27-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Can I point out the sames that are questioning Steve now did so when we had a sticky spell in league 2 and then again in league 1 they seem to be happiest when they can blame someone

vespabri
27-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Yes you can point them out pal..no problem.

jebu
27-01-2015, 12:44 PM
No real want for Evans to go but...

Warnock?

Donald_Valley
27-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Can I point out the sames that are questioning Steve now did so when we had a sticky spell in league 2 and then again in league 1 they seem to be happiest when they can blame someone

Usual response from the faithful. I don't want SE to go. He's done a fantastic job but...it's very difficult to recover from the position we are in. Sticky patches before were when we dropped a bit off the pace from the leading pack. This is very different from that. Maybe SE has it in him but there seems to be a negativity around the club that wasn't there before.

My next comment isn't going to be popular with the faithful either but I actually blame TS for the situation we are in. He's done wonders for the club but why didn't he keep his rhetoric appropriate after last years success. If he can't/wont bank roll SE to build a side capable of challenging then why say the crap he came out with. Yes SE has wasted money on some poor sig

ColinRUFC
27-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Everyone talks about Steve Evans' indisputable record at getting clubs promoted. But what about when things aren't going so well? He has very little experience fighting battles at the wrong end of the table having, for the most part, been at financially well-backed clubs who could buy their way out of trouble.

His only flirt with a relegation battle was when the **** hit the fan financially the second time at Boston.

Like in any profession, having a manager who is right for the situation is as important as pretty much any characteristic of the manager. Look how quickly premiership clubs look in the direction of the likes of Tony Pulis whenever there is the first sniff of trouble. Once he gets them out of the relegation mire, they move him on.

So Steve is in the doubly difficult position of being inexperienced in dealing with the Championship (self-styled most difficult league in the world) and being inexperienced in dealing with a relegation battle.

gorky
27-01-2015, 01:20 PM
[quote="ColinRUFC"]Everyone talks about Steve Evans' indisputable record at getting clubs promoted. But what about when things aren't going so well? He has very little experience fighting battles at the wrong end of the table having, for the most part, been at financially well-backed clubs who could buy their way out of trouble.

His only flirt with a relegation battle was when the **** hit the fan financially the second time at Boston.

Like in any profession, having a manager who is right for the situation is as important as pretty much any characteristic of the manager. Look how quickly premiership clubs look in the direction of the likes of Tony Pulis whenever there is the first sniff of trouble. Once he gets them out of the relegation mire, they move him on.

So Steve is in the doubly difficult position of being inexperienced in dealing with the Championship (self-styled most difficult league in the world) and being inexperienced in dealing with a releg

PeteWaller
27-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Usual response from the faithful. I don't want SE to go. He's done a fantastic job but...it's very difficult to recover from the position we are in. Sticky patches before were when we dropped a bit off the pace from the leading pack. This is very different from that. Maybe SE has it in him but there seems to be a negativity around the club that wasn't there before.

My next comment isn't going to be popular with the faithful either but I actually blame TS for the situation we are in. He's done wonders for the club but why didn't he keep his rhetoric appropriate after last years success. If he can't/wont bank roll SE to build a side capable of challenging then why say the crap he came

Ravo_Miller
27-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Some hilarious responses to the question "who should our manager be if Evans leaves". The only suggestions so far are people who have never managed, never won promotion, only won promotion as a number two or well outside our budget.

I have a horrible feeling that we may remove Evans, slide to relegation, appoint someone with no track record of promotions, drop further down the leagues.

Surely even if we drop into league 1, there can be nobody better to manage us than a guy with multiple promotions on his CV?

Isn't changing manager pure lunacy?

jebu
27-01-2015, 01:26 PM
So which category would you put Warnock in? The too expensive one?

Once again, not saying I want him but I think he avoids most of those boxes you mention? Unless of course he has just retired now.

Donald_Valley
27-01-2015, 01:28 PM
[quote="Ravo_Miller". The only suggestions so far are people who have never managed, never won promotion, only won promotion as a number two or well outside our budget.

I have a horrible feeling that we may remove Evans, slide to relegation, appoint someone with no track record of promotions, drop further down the leagues.

Surely even if we drop into league 1, there can be nobody better to manage us than a guy with multiple promotions on his CV?

Isn't changing manager pure lunacy?[/quote]

On paper you are right but I wonder how many managers have been able to suffer a relegation and then the following season been successful in regaining promotion? There will be one or two im sure but not many. Negative vibes are hard to shift particular if there isn't a successful start to the next season.

PeteWaller
27-01-2015, 01:29 PM
I would have him. Problem there is he is getting too old and not sure how much he would and could commit to RUFC.

Dunt he live in Cornwall?

ColinRUFC
27-01-2015, 01:30 PM
[quote="Ravo_Miller". The only suggestions so far are people who have never managed, never won promotion, only won promotion as a number two or well outside our budget.

I'd tip Evans to bring us back up again if we go down. But to do that, he's going to have to bring in a whole new team again in the summer.

Has Tony got the stomach for that?

Actually, it's a pretty redundant question, because any manager coming in is going to have to bring in a whole new team in the summer, as will Evans if he stays in charge.

Ravo_Miller
27-01-2015, 01:32 PM
So which category would you put Warnock in? The too expensive one?

Once again, not saying I want him but I think he avoids most of those boxes you mention? Unless of course he has just retired now.

I would put him in the too expensive one yes. Ok, so Crystal Palace managed to tempt him out of retirement, but I feel sure (but not certain) that they would have been paying him much more than we could afford.

Warnock is the best shout by a long way though. I just cannot see us affording him

jebu
27-01-2015, 01:34 PM
He's always had a soft spot for millers, he lives close and he's made a fair chunk of cash in his last appointments leaving him reasonably well off for his age.

He might fancy it at a reasonable wage as a final challenge or he may in fact see it as one to miss.

Either way - if Evans did go I do think he would be my number 1 choice.

Ravo_Miller
27-01-2015, 01:35 PM
[quote="ColinRUFC". The only suggestions so far are people who have never managed, never won promotion, only won promotion as a number two or well outside our budget.

I'd tip Evans to bring us back up again if we go down. But to do that, he's going to have to bring in a whole new team again in the summer.

Has Tony got the stomach for that?

Actually, it's a pretty redundant question, because any manager coming in is going to have to bring in a whole new team in the summer, as will Evans if he stays in c

mickymiller
27-01-2015, 01:51 PM
To sack big steve would be so much of an injustice to a man who has brought so much joy and success to this club.
ok things are not goin to plan at the moment and to be honest players like pringle, agard and revel not wanting to stay with club hasnt helped his cause. I think agard and to some extent pringl had lost their confidence and think they want to go back into a lower division where they feel most comfertable.
i think steve has done hisbest with but to no availe and if the heart is not in the club then good luck to them for the future.