PDA

View Full Version : Pompey Boo Boys

OhWell
02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
I see that because the referee got booed off at St Mary's yesterday, the Pompey Boo Boys are trying to claim, that, like them, we boo our own team. They just don't get it, do they?

I think just about any set of fans in the land would boo the referee after he gave a red card to one of their players at the end of a game. I must admit, at the time, I thought Barrow was a cheat and the ref had been totally conned. But, after watching the analysis on MOTD, I can see why he gave the red card. - view external link (boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110288577)

Southerndown
02-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Is it or is it not true that Barrow got booed off as he was being carried off on a stretcher?

OhWell
02-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Is it or is it not true that Barrow got booed off as he was being carried off on a stretcher?

To be honest, it could well be. The incident happened just a few yards from the players tunnel, and the fans in that area were pretty incensed at the time so there was quite a lot of hostility towards the ref and Barrow. I thought at the time that Barrow was play acting just to con the ref and waste time, as it happened right at the end of the game. If it turns out that he was really injured, then I, along with quite a few other fans, was wrong. But only someone who was in the immediate vicinity of the incident could tell you for sure whether they were booing Barrow when he was carried off, as they only had to carry him a few paces before he disappeared into the tunnel.

The rest of the crowd were just looking on wondering what was going on. The ref certainly took some stick at the end. But, that's not exactly a rare event at a footbal

chiswickmart
02-02-2015, 03:57 PM

Sounds like they had a right little Booathon going on. Their own players and injured opposition ones? All class aren't they.

OhWell
02-02-2015, 03:59 PM

Sounds like they had a right little Booathon going on. Their own players and injured opposition ones? All class aren't they.[/quote]

Who was booing their own players??? :? It wasn't a Pompey match.

tumbles
02-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Ok lets deal with the facts,
From the point that Barrow came on he looked for fouls and got most of them, Bertrand got the ball FACT but because he only caught the top of the ball his foot slid into Barrow, injuring him, and it seemed to everyone that it was more play acting to waste time.
No one would have know how serious it was (if at all) and it will be interesting to see just how bad it is.
The booing was based on his antics upto then, and on that point he got his just reward.
As regards our fans booing our own:? What game were you watching Dr Doom ? (Maybe your own teams) oh thats right you don't watch your team do you.

Talk about desperate to gain one upmanship.

I'd stick to cooking roast skate for lunch, at least you will get some enjoyment from looking at it.

Unlike your teams league position.

Div Four.

Bestest. XD

PonyFiddlerReturns
02-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Who gives a flying phuck what a few bitter skates think? When it comes down to it, we are flying high at the business end of English footballs top flight for the second season running and are the blueprint football club that everyone aspires to.,...they are 2 points off dropping out of the league with not even a pot to p!ss in, their management is a shambles and their stadium is falling down.

WTFILN!

proclaimer
02-02-2015, 07:57 PM
The Ref was getting stick after appearing to deny us a few decisions. That has been going for decades at every club. As for booing our own players? Dream on. We have suffered much worse times in recent years without resorting to that.

Brockley_Jack
03-02-2015, 11:23 AM
I bet they'll boo right through the game when Hartlepool tear them a new one this weekend. XD XD XD

Bestest! XD XD XD

Division four! XD XD XD

Keep looking up, keep looking over your shoulder. Or in Tarquins case, keep watching us instead. XD XD XD

chiswickmart
03-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Or in your case...keep watching someone else's mobile phone!

OhWell
05-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Oh dear. Now they even need a campaign to stop the Worzels booing their own team:

"Some of our younger players are scared stiff of getting booed if they make one wrong pass. We don’t intimidate the opposition, we intimidate our own team." - view external link (www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/news/37761/)

Brockley_Jack
05-02-2015, 09:52 AM
"Some of our younger players are scared stiff of getting booed if they make one wrong pass. We don’t intimidate the opposition, we intimidate our own team."

Disgusting club. Disgraceful fans. They should hang their heads in shame. >:(

proclaimer
06-02-2015, 10:21 PM
[quote="OhWell"[/quote]

For those of a certain vintage this will bring back memories of the Branfoot era. Something we said then should never happen again and to my knowledge never has, even in the darkest days.

TurktownAnt
06-02-2015, 11:03 PM
"Some of our younger players are scared stiff of getting booed if they make one wrong pass. We don’t intimidate the opposition, we intimidate our own team."

Disgusting club. Disgraceful fans. They should hang their heads in shame. >:([/quote]

I used to like you Jack. We had a love of punk rock etc. But when you make silly claims about Portsmouth fans, quote' disgraceful fans'. That makes you look a bit stupid. Regardless of what you think, we are not disgraceful and we never have been. You need to get back to the 'normal' nice guy you used to be.

PonyFiddlerReturns
07-02-2015, 01:32 AM

Disgusting club. Disgraceful fans. They should hang their heads in shame. >:([/quote]

I used to like you Jack. We had a love of punk rock etc. But when you make silly claims about Portsmouth fans, quote' disgraceful fans'. That makes you look a bit stupid. Regardless of what you think, we are not disgraceful and we never have been. You need to get back to the 'normal' nice guy you used to be.[/quote]HIC !!

TurktownAnt
08-02-2015, 03:05 AM

I used to like you Jack. We had a love of punk rock etc. But when you make silly claims about Portsmouth fans, quote' disgraceful fans'. That makes you look a bit stupid. Regardless of what you think, we are not disgraceful and we never have been. You need to get back to the 'normal' nice guy you used to be.[/quote]HIC !![/quote]

x2 English Championships. x2 FA Cups. Scum x1 FA Cup. Next...

OhWell
08-02-2015, 03:27 PM
All those trophies and still you boo your own team. Just makes the booing seem that much worse.

"Booing our own players. Always have, always will."

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=428755

They were even booing their team before the 2008 FA Cup Final. "Booed off at Fratton Park the previous weekend":

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/may/18/facup.portsmouth

"Win silences boo-boys."

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/win-silences-boo-boys-1-1230357

"Pompey booing"

http://www.portsmouth.*************.co.uk/article.asp?a=537635

"Mokoena tells Portsmouth boo-boys: There’s a reason why I’m captain of South Africa."

"Sherwood vows to silence boo-boys"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/2282531/sherwood-vows-to-silence-b

"Holmes: I don’t agree with boos"

"Portsmouth boss Paul Hart says he can handle the Fratton Park boos if it means keeping the club in the Premiership."

"Portsmouth manager Tony Adams has vowed not to let the boo-boys drive h

proclaimer
08-02-2015, 05:36 PM

I used to like you Jack. We had a love of punk rock etc. But when you make silly claims about Portsmouth fans, quote' disgraceful fans'. That makes you look a bit stupid. Regardless of what you think, we are not disgraceful and we never have been. You need to get back to the 'normal' nice guy you used to be.[/quote]HIC !![/quote]

x2 English Championships. x2 FA Cups. Scum x1 FA Cup. Next...[/quote]

Er, correction
x2 English Championships. x2 FA Cups. Ceased to exist

PCFC No history. Sc

chief_wiggam
08-02-2015, 06:37 PM
[quote="OhWell"]All those trophies and still you boo your own team. Just makes the booing seem that much worse.

"Booing our own players. Always have, always will."

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=428755

They were even booing their team before the 2008 FA Cup Final. "Booed off at Fratton Park the previous weekend":

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/may/18/facup.portsmouth

"Win silences boo-boys."

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/win-silences-boo-boys-1-1230357

"Pompey booing"

http://www.portsmouth.*************.co.uk/article.asp?a=537635

"Mokoena tells Portsmouth boo-boys: There’s a reason why I’m captain of South Africa."

"Sherwood vows to silence boo-boys"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/2282531/sherwood-vows-to-silence-b

"Holmes: I don’t agree with boos"

"Portsmouth boss Paul Hart says he can handle the Fratton Park boos if it means keeping the club in the Premiership."

"Portsmouth manager Tony Ada

Grannie64
08-02-2015, 08:21 PM
They do appear to be touchy at the moment,that piece of paper they gave their money for, seems to weigh heavily on their minds. All I asked our resident Skate was if he was looking forward to a goal fest against the monkey hangers. Blimey the tirade about history and everything else, it was almost touch blue paper and stand back. Half an hour later he was still ranting as we waved him off.

Dirtyweasel
09-02-2015, 02:22 PM
I hear they stole a win at the weekend - did they have an open top parade around Southsea common?

chiswickmart
09-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Nah, we just copied you lot and went for the boring 1-0.

It'll be good if Bournemouth make it to the Prem, nice to see a S Coast team play some attractive football in that division.

Dirtyweasel
09-02-2015, 05:12 PM
There'll still only be one Hampshire team playing attractive football in the PL.

proclaimer
09-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Nah, we just copied you lot and went for the boring 1-0.

Nice to know you are still looking up at us. ;D