The_Guy
02-02-2015, 05:04 PM
How??

sid_james
02-02-2015, 05:08 PM
just my feelings

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 05:10 PM
I reckon they will come in around an hour before the deadline with a bid meeting our valuation.

the_arab
02-02-2015, 05:11 PM
maby on gms, no way theyl pay us what we want for armstrong unless we have dropped our valuation

shedroysbool
02-02-2015, 05:13 PM
I honestly think he'll be away for between £2m-£2.5m

SmedDUm
02-02-2015, 05:20 PM
I wonder, just wonder, if Armstrong staying will be the sweetener for Mackay-Steven going???

DU4E
02-02-2015, 05:24 PM
[quote="SmedDUm"]I wonder, just wonder, if Armstrong staying will be the sweetener for Mackay-Steven going???[/quote

Understand what your saying, but bottom line is we are in charge. It is no a sweetener so we mustn't let it be dressed up as such.

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 05:28 PM
I wonder, just wonder, if Armstrong staying will be the sweetener for Mackay-Steven going???

So what you are saying is Celtic would be doing us a favour by letting one of our players stay whilst signing another of our players.

You can **** off with that ****e, our players, our terms.

Arabiatta
02-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Cant help feeling maybe the Burnley deal might not have been so bad if it could have been upped a bit and as they see him as a development player we get to keep him til end of the season to do the development bit.

Edit to say Celtic apparently been offered 10M for Van Dijk (Arsenal)

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Cant help feeling maybe the Burnley deal might not have been so bad if it could have been upped a bit and as they see him as a development player we get to keep him til end of the season to do the development bit.

See now if that goes through and they come back in with an improved off, if I was ST, I would be upping our valuation of Stretch.

They would have money to burn, see how much they really want him.

utd4me
02-02-2015, 05:45 PM
^^^^^ This, £2.5m is our asking price PLUS add ons NO LESS.

rabkebab.
02-02-2015, 06:02 PM
I would tell them to jam any offers for any players. If Van Dyke is away that gives us an even better chance of silverware. Money isn't everything, but winning trophies will always be in the history books.

Arabiatta
02-02-2015, 06:21 PM
SSN saying GMS valuation has been met.

ScotinUSA
02-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Sky Sports reporting Celtic have met United's asking price...for GMS

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 06:24 PM
**** that.

Really, ****ing **** that.

He should never have had a value put on him, get him in the summer, not before.

EastStand_EIite
02-02-2015, 06:24 PM
**** off.

shedka
02-02-2015, 06:26 PM

That's not a sweetener

GMS should not be going this window (more so than Armstrong imo), more so now we are in the Final, unless they want to offer something silly

And if they want Stu then they know the valuation is £2.5m

However we know Ciftci is out the Final so if we have any real ambition to win that then we will resist till May

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Ken what, really gonna be pissed off if he goes. We should have told them to get to ****.

Having him in the team surely worth more (potentially) than £250k.

Wullie
02-02-2015, 06:28 PM
**** that.

I'd guess that's the balancing act between getting McGowan, Dixon, Anier and I suppose Murray on Board.

4 in 2 out.

3 of that 4 won't be cheap at all

DU4E
02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
better be for 500k, that was the valuation wasn't it?

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 06:30 PM
**** that.

I'd guess that's the balancing act between getting, McGownan, Dixon, Anier and I suppose Murray on Board.

4 in 2 out.

3 of that 4 won't be cheap at all[/quote]

As a fan who wants to see us win things (as we all are I'm sure) that is something, at this point in time, I do not give one single **** about.

Better chance of winning the Cup(s) with him here.

Arabiatta
02-02-2015, 06:33 PM
**** that.

I'd guess that's the balancing act between getting, McGownan, Dixon, Anier and I suppose Murray on Board.

4 in 2 out.

As a fan who wants to see us win things (as we all are I'm sure) that is something, at this point in time, I do not give one single **** about.

Better chance of winning the Cup(s) with him here.[/quote]

100% agree dont get the logic

Aaron Lennon Kb's Hull, hope tae feck they come in now if anyone for Armstrong Celtic upping their bid to 1.85M.

runrundundeehun
02-02-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm puzzled by this. If it's 250k, we're just doing favours for Celtic. He's just about worth more if we keep him surely. He is the type of player who can make a difference for us in a final, what would that be worth??

shedka
02-02-2015, 06:37 PM

See now if that goes through and they come back in with an improved off, if I was ST, I would be upping our valuation of Stretch.

They would have money to burn, see how much they really want him.[/quote]

The fact they cameback in with a £1.6m offer should have ended all chance they had this window of getting Stu

It's an insult when they know the valuation and already had £1.5m rejected

This is a club that spent £2.5m for Teemu Pukki, they are taking the p!ss and deserve to be told where to go

Wullie
02-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Celtic and a few others have ripped us down the flanks.

We needed another striker.

GMS was pish until the window opened.

We've sorted out our fullback issues and brought in a striker.

Yes GMS on the pitch gave us something going forward, but with Watson, Townsend or Dillon at the back we were always going to need to outscore a team.

Books have to be balanced, so I reckon it was keep it as you were, or try and sort it out.

rabkebab.
02-02-2015, 06:40 PM
They also rejected a 3m quid offer for Ambrose, thus stating that Ambrose is twice the player stretch is.

Mind bottling.

ScotinUSA
02-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Think of it this way, we have other players at the club who can replace GMS.

In the final against Celtic GMS would be in a no win situation, playing for us against his future employers and team mates.

Might be best for all concerned.

DU4E
02-02-2015, 06:42 PM
250k is still a **** ton of money. its one thing if we invest it in a quality player like the sheep, but its not quite as fun if it goes towards buying an australian football team...

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 06:43 PM

Yes GMS on the pitch gave us something going forward, but with Watson, Townsend or Dillon at the back we were always going to need to outscore a team.

Books have to be balanced, so I reckon it was keep it as you were, or try and sort it out.

Whilst your points may be valid it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it :blue:

Arab trend
02-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Hope ST is doing to Celtic what we did to rangers (RIP) with goodie, give them an evaluation and when they match our a valuation after 20 or so bids we just say naaaaaaaaaah were no selling to you

shedka
02-02-2015, 06:44 PM
**** that.

4 in 2 out.

Not only that, we have made decent money from the SF and should make some more for the Final, we still have an opportunity for a run in the SCup providing we do the job on Sunday again which could see more money come in plus surely at worst a 4th place finish is on the cards

I just can't see how GMS is not worth more being here for the next few months helping with

Wullie
02-02-2015, 06:48 PM

Whilst your points may be valid it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it :blue:[/quote]

The minute he signed a pre-contract I was kidding myself I was happy for him to stay, at that point I just wanted them to buy him and be done with it.

The way Celtic went about the whole situation was prickish in the extreme.

Chunts should've been dealt with for publicly announcing an interest in signing our player and announcing they'd signed him was total dickery.

Chunt

ScotinUSA
02-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Spencey reporting United saying no deal has been done YET

Arabiatta
02-02-2015, 06:52 PM
**** that.

4 in 2 out.

Not only that, we have made decent money from the SF and should make some more for the Final, we still have an opportunity for a run in the SCup providing we do the job on Sunday again which could see more money come in plus surely at worst a 4th place finish is on the cards

I just can't see how GMS is not worth more bein

shedka
02-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Spencey reporting United saying no deal has been done YET

I'm getting a bad feeling United are getting ready to bend over and take it up the backside

Could be one of our best ever seasons and they want to potentially spoil it instead of selling Stu in June and at the same time wishing GMS well (but not against us)

Anger with the club slowly building

Wullie
02-02-2015, 06:56 PM
There's no way Celtic suddenly decided that they wanted him now.

This has been the plan all along, he knew, we knew, they knew.

The only thing they didn't ban on was us sticking to our guns on the fee.

They thought we'd crumble.

Arabdeen
02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Hope ST is doing to Celtic what we did to rangers (RIP) with goodie, give them an evaluation and when they match our a valuation after 20 or so bids we just say naaaaaaaaaah were no selling to you

Absolutely.

That "offer" still p155es me off.
Rangers MK1 offer £2m, but in instalments, knowing fine well they were going bust, and no intention of paying us.

Aye, we need a strong Rangers.

sid_james
02-02-2015, 07:02 PM

Still time to crumble wullie it's only 7pm

Arab trend
02-02-2015, 07:03 PM
I thought the days of us bending over to the likes of Celtic were over but how wrong I seem to be, would rathee castrate myself wi a rusty blade than sell to those ba5tards especially after them taking the piss

Arabiatta
02-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Still time to crumble wullie it's only 7pm[/quote]

I could see Celtic waiting now til 11pm when English Window closes so that there is no suspicion from down South of a late deal and they become the only show in town. WBA and Burnley have both had scouts at the games recently.

tHeArAb
02-02-2015, 07:07 PM
I thought the days of us bending over to the likes of Celtic were over but how wrong I seem to be, would rathee castrate myself wi a rusty blade than sell to those ba5tards especially after them taking the piss

In a nutshell. Sickening.

shedka
02-02-2015, 07:08 PM
GMS going tonight would be really hard to take (more so than Stu) because it will be for an amount that isn't as ***** to us as he would be on the pitch, it's an amount we can more than make with what we do on the pitch the next four months

Don't see any positive whatsoever in GMS going before the Summer

bannon_ftd_83
02-02-2015, 07:08 PM
How ****ing uneasy am I feeling right now!

United putting a 250k price tag on GMS is just absolutely rediculous.

we should come out and boldly state 2.5-3 million for Armstrong which we are not. A joke!

Massive season here and we could potentially be going to the final without our 3 best players. Would struggle to get myself up for going to this one if I'm being honest.

If this is all so ST can get more money out and F off to Australia then he's a...I'll no say anything bad yet

arabian_knight
02-02-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm puzzled by this. If it's 250k, we're just doing favours for Celtic. He's just about worth more if we keep him surely. He is the type of player who can make a difference for us in a final, what would that be worth??

^^^ This for me. Anybody hazard a guess between the financial gain of winning the LC final, and just bein runners-up.

Ken the final isna just aboot 1 player, but withoot Shifty, GMS, and possibly Stretch, we are weaker.

Arabiatta
02-02-2015, 07:13 PM

^^^ This for me. Anybody hazard a guess between the financial gain of winning the LC final, and just bein runners-up.

Ken the final isna just aboot 1 player, but withoot Shifty, GMS, and possibly Stretch, we are weaker.[/quote]

I think the problem is now with that low fee it is Worth Celtic paying it to nearly gaurantee a cup win.

Arab trend
02-02-2015, 07:16 PM
woulf definitely be prepared to see SA and GMS leave but only in summer, would never even consider selling our best players now especially on deadline day what's the use in getting that money if we can't use it to put into the team

shedka
02-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Letting GMS go tonight will be an absolute huge own goal and a needless one

Connolly/Telfer/Spittal are all good players who will improve but none can fill his shoes over the next four months

£250k is a joke figure for us to have said, should have been three times that

Actually can't believe we have allowed/are allowing this to happen

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

ianharab
02-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Will be fecking raging if we sell anyone of the two-- why would you weaken your team when you have a cup final coming up-- more so to the team your playing in the final--- Thompson should have come out and stated no sales in this window. It's not just the final , have good chance of second in league and still in Scottish cup, losing one or both jeopardises everything, smacks of greed not ambition. Don't think manager will be happy either and don't blame him. Wondering now if ST is clawing money back before he rides of into the sunset

runrundundeehun
02-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Not happened yet shedka. Let's hold our horses for now.

As it stands we've gained a Paul Dixon. With any luck this GMS ****e falls through.

The_Guy
02-02-2015, 07:28 PM

As it stands we've gained a Paul Dixon. With any luck this GMS ****e falls through.

Ken what your saying but lets be honest, if they have met our valuation he is away.

Wouldnae surprise me to see Stretch end up there before the night is out as well now.

JelloBiafra
02-02-2015, 07:30 PM
If I go all the way to fecking Stranraer (bus booked) not to see the Happy Couple I will not be happy!

These two owe us a big final performance.

TangerineDream
02-02-2015, 07:31 PM
If we sell GMS for 250K to the feking Tims it will be a disgrace. FFS.

Tell them to GTF...NO SALE of either.

We can push on here, Cup Final, high up in the league and the Scottish to look forward to. Tonight could jepordise everything for the rest of the season. Wise, cool head please ST.

runrundundeehun
02-02-2015, 07:37 PM

Ken what your saying but lets be honest, if they have met our valuation he is away.

Wouldnae surprise me to see Stretch end up there before the night is out as well now.[/quote]

I would be f ucking mortified if that happens. I can't see them offering over 2 so I would hope we tell them to f ucking do one!

Tell you what as well, if I'm JM, this is very unsettling stuff. Surely he is trying to throw his weight around towards keeping stu.

sid_james
02-02-2015, 07:43 PM
GMS deal close to being done

arabian_ian
02-02-2015, 07:44 PM
We've accepted their 250k

Eamons_lost_wig_04
02-02-2015, 07:48 PM
sad very very sad!!!!

pathetic actually unless a great replacement totally raging especially IF gms also goes NOW!!

runrundundeehun
02-02-2015, 07:51 PM
We've accepted their 250k

There must be more to this than meets the eye surely. I just can't get my head around it.

Stu absolutely must stay.

ArabSwing
Both away. F uck right off Utd >:(

Dunfermline_Arab
We have accepted an offer of £1.6 million plus add ons for Armstrong!! Unbelievable!! And we are in talks with Scott Allan as a replacement!!

shedka
02-02-2015, 07:56 PM
What is going on?

Accepted 1.6m for Stu plus add ons and sell ons and he is having his medical etc now and that we will be going in for Scott Allan

Cannot believe we are letting both go tonight, GMS especially giving the small fee involved

What is ST playing at?

First of all accepting that offer but it's absolute insanity to let GMS go aswell

Honestly if GMS also goes then any high from Sunday is well gone

A phucking great chance for the club to have a memorable season too :/

Why do we crumble when it comes to Lawell and Celtic??

runrundundeehun
02-02-2015, 07:57 PM
We have accepted an offer of £1.6 million plus add ons for Armstrong!! Unbelievable!! And we are in talks with Scott Allan as a replacement!!

That is an absolute DISGRACE. Tell you what a swell **** OFF WITH YOUR ADD-ONS. Pie in the sky sh 1t which never pans out... They only put them in their as a f ucking carrot for supporters to pretend like its a good deal

Raging.

ArabSwing
02-02-2015, 07:58 PM
So much for sporting integrity eh Utd? Sell our two star players to our cup final opponents! Poor behaviour by Celtic and a shocking lack of principles by us.

duke_the_arab
02-02-2015, 07:58 PM
If we sell GMS for 250K to the feking Tims it will be a disgrace. FFS.

Tell them to GTF...NO SALE of either.

We can push on here, Cup Final, high up in the league and the Scottish to look forward to. Tonight could jepordise everything for the rest of the season. Wise, cool head please ST.

The only problem with keeping the players if the tatties somehow meet our valuation. Is they become unhappy and there form drops off especially if they've been told they can go if our valuations are met. ST should never have put it out in the open what we want for them. You put a price on them and it's met we're kinda phucked really.

TangerineDream
02-02-2015, 08:00 PM
If this is true I am feking furious.

WTF are we doing here ??

Unreal.

Tannadeechee1967
02-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Watch them come in for ciftci now and why not we have just caved in absolutely pathetic

GUNBOAT
03-02-2015, 12:15 AM
For the worse

He got it right aboot Goodie coming hame,
he lit the match tonlght and produced the flame,
but it isnae Sidney James to blame,
Stephen Thompson should hang his head in shame!.

JamesMcClean
01-02-2020, 10:19 AM
Five years old this thread is now and reading it back still gives me the dreh boak. We are still putting out the fires of that night of total insanity even now. Contrast with the new owners who have basically telt all and sundry to GTF with any ideas of stealing Shankland. Had the Snake been in charge he’d have had Lawrence away for 500k plus the good old ‘add ons’ and personally driven him to Celtic Park. That night really made me question what was the phucking point of giving up my precious time following the team - it really cut to the core of the support. Phucking tw@t.

GUNBOAT
01-02-2020, 10:31 AM
Five years old this thread is now and reading it back still gives me the dreh boak. We are still putting out the fires of that night of total insanity even now. Contrast with the new owners who have basically telt all and sundry to GTF with any ideas of stealing Shankland. Had the Snake been in charge he’d have had Lawrence away for 500k plus the good old ‘add ons’ and personally driven him to Celtic Park. That night really made me question what was the phucking point of giving up my precious time following the team - it really cut to the core of the support. Phucking tw@t.

Spot on mate,that thread is FN awful from start to finish.

ballumbie_arab
01-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Spot on mate,that thread is FN awful from start to finish.

Did Armstrong not (later) state that he did not want to leave, but the snake fecking told him we had accepted the offer, and he was going???

JamesMcClean
01-02-2020, 10:40 AM
Did Armstrong not (later) state that he did not want to leave, but the snake fecking told him we had accepted the offer, and he was going???

Correct. When the backlash came, the Snake went into full deflect mode claiming Stretch had agitated for a move. In his first press conference at Celtic, Stretch refuted that strongly. So when that didn’t work for the baldy (unt, details of Sackie’s contract arrangements then mysteriously were ‘leaked’ to the press.