PDA

View Full Version : Lee Chung-Yong signs for Crystal Palace...

campo21
02-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Korea Republic international departs Macron Stadium after five-and-a-half seasons
Bolton Wanderers can announce that Lee Chung-Yong has signed for Premier League side Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee.

The Korean international leaves Bolton after five-and-a-half-seasons, having made 195 appearances and scoring 20 goals.

He joined the club from FC Seoul in the summer of 2009 and has since gone on to represent Korea Republic in back-to-back World Cups as well as captain his nation on a number of occasions.

One of the attacking midfielder’s most memorable moments for the Whites came against Birmingham City when he scored a late winner in a 3-2 FA Cup quarter final victory at St Andrew’s in 2011.

The 26-year-old made his last appearance for the club against Huddersfield Town last month.

Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Lee for his contributions during his time at the club and wish him well in his future endeavours.

campo21
02-02-2015, 11:31 PM
I heard we only got £500k for him whats the point we can't replace him for that!

JimmyJazz64
02-02-2015, 11:40 PM
1. It was an undisclosed fee. Where did you get £500K from?

2. Sell him now or lose him for nothing in the summer?

He wanted to go. He's just broken his shin. No brainer!!!!

Bolton_Warren
02-02-2015, 11:44 PM
I heard it was £1 million. I think he's worth at least £2-3m in today's market.

But it's not like the club to sell its best players on the cheap. Oh wait...

campo21
03-02-2015, 12:22 AM
1. It was an undisclosed fee. Where did you get £500K from?

2. Sell him now or lose him for nothing in the summer?

He wanted to go. He's just broken his shin. No brainer!!!!

It said it in Bolton news JJ but it doesn't really matter if we'd got £4m for him NL would still be given nowt!

gallopingchip
03-02-2015, 06:25 AM
We were only able to bring in the players last night due to Chungy being sold, according to the BEN. Face up to it Campo we are stony broke the days of making big money signings are long gone for us.

lord_hooray
03-02-2015, 08:38 AM
There was talk in the paper that Chung Lee might play against Liverpool if he wasn't transferred so the injury isn't that bad.

We never seem to get our better players in contract, Cahill, Elmander (when he scored about 12 goals before xmas),now Lee, its false economy, we should pay them what they are worth for a few months (in todays climate) then sell these mercenaries.. However players injured and nursed back to their best should have some sense of loyalty to the club who supported them, and continued to pay them obscene wages.

eric1953
03-02-2015, 11:42 AM
His fist season with us was great, we all thought, wow what a good signing.

The next three seasons, he has either been injured for long periods or to be brutally honest, ****e.

At the end of this season he could have gone for nothing, and most would have happily said " thank you and goodbye". It is only since Lennon came that we have seen him at his best again. So we can thank Lennon for getting any fee at all for him, because no one would have bought him in January if Freedman had still been here.

Good luck in your career Chungy, but I for one aint going to miss you greatly.

JimmyJazz64
03-02-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm with you eric. He's been too inconsistent, and injury prone ever since he broke his leg at Newport

It was obvious that he would leave us so we may as well get a fee for him

I know what you mean lord but the days of long-term contracts are well gone. We've been screwed by players sitting on them and bleeding us dry in the recent past

garyp1803
03-02-2015, 06:55 PM
We did well to get what we did for Chungy, especially with him having a leg fracture. I think we received 500K for him, plus we'll get add ons too, which could end up costing Palace around £1 million.

Don't forget Chungy was our highest earner at the club and we should be saving around another 500K in wages for the remainder of his contract.