PDA

View Full Version : A great team performance today...

Brin
07-02-2015, 05:55 PM
It could have been all so different today had they scored after 20 seconds with Morgan making a mess of his defending...luckily their player completely blew it...also credit to Collin for the stop...

The first 20 minutes was a little bit heave and rush from Ipswich with no end product and gradually we grew in stature...

Cue the stooping header from Derbyshire and suddenly our tails were in the air...morale and energy levels seemed to lift and so did the crowd noise levels (well done Mark Thomas today ;D )...

Second half we knew Ipswich would come at us straight from the off but we were more than ready for them and took the game to them...we showed no respect and closed them down all over the field which was great to see..

The second goal was a pleasure and boy did he smash that home!
I did think prior to him scoring it was a definite penalty but with the ref letting it play on..bham! 2-0 up...

MOTH for me was Green...which blade of grass didn't he cover? The most impressive game f

the_idiotb_stardson
07-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Yes Zeki Fryers is a wonderful player. Can't believe he got stick previously. He is quick, offers an option in attack and he reads the game very well.

Wombwell_Miller
07-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Who is this Collins that everyone keeps talking about?

DavidR__9
07-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Agree with that, and with Green as man of the match.

As with Bolton, we're a better, more effective side when we pay through rather than in midfield. Unlike Bolton, though, who were poor, Ipswich were really going for it. Really similar to Preston last year, power and physique equally matched and we edged it. Probably the best game at NYS since that play off game.

A word on Newton. He'll have learned loads from their pace and intensity of that. He struggled to keep up at times, but still managed to contribute.

Another on Pringle. We sacrificed his attacking a bit so that he could sit on chambers, who's an attacking threat for them. He worked with such discipline and energy's. Then, having won his battle, he started popping up out wide and making chances. In his own way, in terms of the job he was given to do, he wad outstanding.

Brin
07-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Who is this Collins that everyone keeps talking about?

Who? :)

fivetide
07-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Great performance.

Can I just check... we still sacking the manager? Has SE still 'lost' the dressing room? Are we a team of below par journeymen who can't kick a ball properly? Still a weaker side than last year?

Just looking for clarity because it seems like some or all of that might not be accurate any more (not that it really was in the first place).

caytonmiller
07-02-2015, 06:12 PM
perfect performance and great results going our way...

one bright spark for ipswich. left back number 3 tyrone mings.

picked up for 10k a few seasons ago.
looks like he could be a classy CB

jolly_roger
07-02-2015, 06:45 PM
This isn't a grumble but just a comment about Pringle who was knackered at the 60 minute mark and he presented Zeki F with a few "hospital passes" when he should have cleared the ball.

I'm surprised Evans kept him on the pitch for the full game.

gwru
07-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Working with Green & Smallwood doing the dirty work. Arnason had one slip up in 2nd half after that he covered everything at the back.

Pringle & Fryers did well on the left, Derbyshire had a good 2nd half. Our right hand side was abit weak. Hunt & Ward tues.

redhouse
07-02-2015, 08:31 PM
I was impressed with Sammon's attitude today don't think he actually won one header today

But he never stopped competing for them put some graft in and was rewarded with his goal

Brin
07-02-2015, 08:35 PM
[quote="jolly_roger" when he should have cleared the ball.

I'm surprised Evans kept him on the pitch for the full game.[/quote]

Said the same myself to my lad in that he needed a rest...having said that when he had the opportunity later on the game he put in some great crosses and his corners were well away from the keeper...did need subbing though...

MarkThomas
07-02-2015, 09:16 PM
We were superb - as Brin says a great 'team' performance.

Top class performance from Adam Collin, crucial saves at critical times.

Committed, no-nonsense defending right across the back four - best defensive performance of season for me. Great distance on most defensive headers, brilliant interceptions from Arnie and an outstanding afternoon from Zeki Fryers, what a good player! His deep passes into the channels in the second half sapped the energy Ipswich needed and pushed them far from our penalty area at important times.

Agree that Green had an excellent game.

Matt Derbyshire was superb in the second half. He is a clever player and I think there is much more to come from him. Well done Sammon, well taken goal and enjoyed your celebration.

In particular I was impressed with our decision making late in the game. We closed the game out brilliantly, denying them possession, slowing it down, keeping the ball away from their central midfield while running the clock down.

I thin

MILLERSTALE
07-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Certainly Friers had his best game today, thought he was not quite there first twice I saw him, looked unfit and hesitant !

Richardson also had his best game !

Salmon did win at least ONE header first half in front of Mick Macarthy leapt like a Xxxxxxx, but his movement and awareness is far superior to that of Revs

Green was superb,his energy is phenomenal , how many times does he run the full length of the field to get on the end of a cross.

Ditto for Ben Pringle, heartbeat of the team.

Every body else played their full part, how many shots of theirs did we Block, no passengers today, that's not always been the case this season.

Well done to everybody today.

Ellis_D
08-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Brilliant win. 7 points from 3 games for a crap manager who has lost the dressing room!

millertop
08-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Slow start from us but once we got into it we played well.
Some players had their best game, quite a few could've got MOTM .

Fryers had his best game with us,did his defending role well and helped in midfield when needed to.

I to thought Pringle was tiring and would have been subbed.

Derbyshire flew himself at the ball to put us one up (he deserved the MOTM and standing ovation )

Sammon at the right place, right time to put us two up.

Collin had a good game but what's happening with his kick outs :D

Good to see Richardson step up aswell, probably his best game with us aswell.

All in all a great win over a very good side who at first did look like they were going to score a few.

Well done lads, :star:

Mistakes by officials again. Think this is going to be the norm so we need to just get on with our game and keep winning our way :D

TMiller
08-02-2015, 11:42 AM
great performance. the work rate was unbelievable and again it felt like we had our team back. the spine of the team in particular played well for me today: colin, morgan, arnason, green and smallwood. both full backs surprised me with how well they played as i didn't think they had it in them although richardsons lack of pace does worry me.

we also seem to have options on the bench as well. funny how things change with a couple of wins

gwru
08-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Collin for his saves, Fryers, Green, Smallwood, Pringle & Derbyshire standout performers. Sammon not far off. Morgan gave them a good chance in the 1st min'. Arnie had 1 slip up in the 2nd half, but mopped up everything after that. Richardson did nothing wrong, but if Hunt is recovered he'd be in. Ward looked lively when he came on he'd be in for Newton. Pringle isn't the strongest of players, might have to start with Hammill. People say don't change a winning side, I always say go with your quality players, if you don't it can be to late when you bring them on.

riccallmiller
08-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Great performance all round but special mention for Green, pringle, Arnason, Derbyshire and Collin.
This is the strongest squad we have had for as long as ive been following them.
Lets get behind them and enjoy it!!

caytonmiller
08-02-2015, 02:19 PM
another positive from zaki after we had a chat after the game.
he told me playing at NYS is fantastic. its the most enjoyable footy he has played. at palace hes frustrated at not getting a look in. and to top it off hes just moved back to manchester (home city) from london..
im not getting carried away as theres no way we can afford him. maybe season long loan? possible

millertop
08-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Has Arnie been training in net recently or does he like playing superman ;D

redandgreen
08-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Slow start from us but once we got into it we played well.
Some players had their best game, quite a few could've got MOTM .

Fryers had his best game with us,did his defending role well and helped in midfield when needed to.

I to thought Pringle was tiring and would have been subbed.

Derbyshire flew himself at the ball to put us one up (he deserved the MOTM and standing ovation )

Sammon at the right place, right time to put us two up.

Collin had a good game but what's happening with his kick outs :D

Good to see Richardson step up aswell, probably his best game with us aswell.

All in all a great win over a very good side who at first did look like they were going to score a few.

Well done lads, :star:

Mistakes by officials again. Think this is going to be the norm so we need to just get on with our game and keep winning our way :D

Yes, not convinced the ref would have given us that penalty if Sammon hadn't fired home. Ano