PDA

View Full Version : First test for Celtic for a while this week

afc_1983
09-02-2015, 12:37 PM
After a run of 'gimme' games, it'll be interesting to see how Celtic get on this week.

No, not the Partick game which they'll absolutely skoosh. The St Johnstone away game. On their day they're a very capable side.

Hopefully the Saints burst a gut the same way they did a couple of weeks ago when we played there... :/

ScotlandFirst
09-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Is this a sheepie criticising other teams for raising their games against certain opposition? Shurely no. :/

weonlywonfiveone
09-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Saints got slapped by QOTS who are sh1 te

AguyIknow
10-02-2015, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't be so sure that Celtic will thrash the Jags tbh - nice going forward an all that but seem to be able to convert only a fraction of their chances. Tight defence mind.

1-0 to Celtic methinks

BeachEndLeftSide
10-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Nah, 3-0 is my prediction.

But Saints could be a different proposition.

They will be hurting after that defeat to QoS, and I think they definitely will be busting a gut. In saying that, after watching Celtic on the telly on Saturday, they certainly seem to have stepped up a gear so I still think they'll be too much for the Fermers.

A few injuries and multiple games midweek and weekend will test them in the longer term and might unsettle the team a bit, especially if it happens when they play the Dons, the DABS (3-in-a-row I think!) and Inter. Then we'll find out what they're really made of, despite the gap in quality and wages compared to everyone else.

afc_1983
10-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Saints got slapped by QOTS who are sh1 te

QotS are a decent side on home turf.

afc_1983
10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Is this a sheepie criticising other teams for raising their games against certain opposition? Shurely no. :/

I'm not criticising them at all - they're absolutely entitled to try to win the match in the same way we are. I'm merely looking forward to them trying every bit as hard against Celtic...