PDA

View Full Version : O/T Takes a lot to suprise me but

crashbang
10-02-2015, 11:42 AM
We have all seen the mad you tube clip, but bear with me on this one , quite jaw dropping .
And amazing what the human body can stand.
Extraordinary film. - view external link (http://youtu.be/47ZUI1TMoaU)

millertop
10-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Unbelievable isn't it.

Not something I would want to witness that's for sure.

Rileyev2
10-02-2015, 01:24 PM
I have seen this before, but its still shocking.

Mind you they were obviously both completely off their tits on something.

What a shift that must have been for the emergency services at the scene. Not to mention Joe Public who witnessed it.

jolly_roger
10-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Unless it's just a coincidence and overhype by the media but there seems to be a rise in this "suicide by car" type of event.

Everybody makes sympathetic noises about how the "victim" is depressed/alcoholic/drugged or similar but not much regard is given for the poor old driver that is unlucky enough to hit and kill one of the suicidal individuals.

John2
10-02-2015, 03:33 PM
[quote="jolly_roger" is depressed/alcoholic/drugged or similar but not much regard is given for the poor old driver that is unlucky enough to hit and kill one of the suicidal individuals.[/quote]

They have my complete sympathy, must be incredibly traumatic.

I think these people universally get treated with sympathy and compassion so there's less need to be vocal or 'defend' them, the same is not true of people who have attempted suicide who, at their lowest, are often accused of selfishness by the ignorant.

NeztheMiller
10-02-2015, 03:46 PM
I've also seen this footage before but it's still shocking watching it again.

I don't think they were suicidal because they didn't seem to know what they were doing, but I would definitely say they were under the influence of something, most likely drugs.

I would be interested to see a follow up story about those two twins just to hear what exactly was going through their minds on that crazy day, and whether the one with horrific leg injuries was able to walk again! :s

Brin
10-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Pick up the rest of the story...

Ursula and Sabina Eriksson are Swedish twin sisters (born 1967) who came to national attention in the United Kingdom in May 2008 after an apparent episode of folie a deux (or "shared psychosis"), a rare psychiatric disorder in which delusional beliefs are transmitted from one individual to another, which resulted in a series of bizarre incidents on the M6 motorway and the subsequent murder of Glenn Hollinshead of Fenton, Staffordshire.

There was no evidence that drugs or alcohol were involved in the incidents on the M6 or the death of Hollinshead.

The twins had been in Ireland before travelling to England and boarding a coach for London at Liverpool. Their odd behaviour after exiting the coach at a service station on the M6 – including not allowing the bags they were clutching to be searched – caused the driver not to allow them back on the coach. The two were later seen on the central reservation of the M6.

When Highways Agency Traffic Officers ar

villamiller
10-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Unbelievable...totally gob smacked by that :blue: :blue: