PDA

View Full Version : Dingwall

TOG_wellfan
11-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Since Central have cancelled bus due to lack of numbers is any one aware of other supporters buses running?.

jwok
11-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Nope.

I understand that the Wishaw/Central branches were hoping to run one bus between them but it's a no go.

wellowell
11-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Seems a pity no buses going up but if they cant cover the cost got to agree with decision is their not a bus leaves from Bellshill

texaco cup
11-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Thought this was an ideal opportunity for the club to try and get some fans up to Dingwall by subsidising the cost of coach.Train times and costs are not suitable for fans,would have been nice to have had a decent support for the team,and to back any of the new signings that play.So come 3pm on Saturday all 'WELL FANS' will just need to listen to the radio/tv for the updates so COME ON THE WELL

andyss1886
11-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Sad to here there is not many, if any buses running. We ran a bus up there for the first game of the season last term, great wee place. friendly locals and the grounds smart. Nice pub that sits on the platform of the train station. If you get the train you had to leave the match 20 mins early or you couldn't get home (not sure the MRS would buy that one)
We are going in a wee convoy of 3 cars on sat, not sure if that's something that would suit you. I know my car is full (am the fud driving!) if you want I could check with the other fuds who are driving and see if there are any spaces.

Wellup4it
11-02-2015, 07:01 PM
We're going by car but from the east coast.

Running a bus to games is not cheap these days but I would have thought that costs would have dropped recently due to lower fuel prices - No? Also if you have a lot of concessions travelling that bumps up the cost for full price adults. Bus travel also deters those who need to drink on matchday. Surely supporters are being taxed on tax for coach hire? The bus operator will take into account the cost of fuel (including fuel tax and VAT) in working out his costs. Then there will be VAT payable on the hire itself.

In the long term perhaps the way ahead is car sharing - something for the Society to consider?

firparkloony
11-02-2015, 07:12 PM
I'm taking my car (7 seater) and have at least 2 seats available, if you can get yourself to the Forth Rd Bridge for 11.00am. (£10.00p per head)

TOG_wellfan
11-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Not complaining as such, just thought that there would be enough fans like me who for the first time in weeks was excited about going to the game. I travel from close to the Border region and I do not fancy a 400+ mile trip especially on my own. Usually b&b it but other commitments on Sunday restricts this. Club if I remember correctly tried something on car sharing in the past, asked fors but nothing came of it.

TOG_wellfan
11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the offer Firparkloony but I think the return from Road Bridge would be a problem.

firparkloony
11-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the offer Firparkloony but I think the return from Road Bridge would be a problem.
We normally meet up at MacDonalds, leave cars in car paek till we get back them bomb burst from there, if you fancy it let me know, if it helps one of the travellers heads up from Peebles.

Scavenger
11-02-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't go to many games now as I have other commitments on Saturdays.

I think Ross County have to win this one.
When the split comes hopefully we will be strong enough to beat them at Home( assuming it is at home)

Motherwell/ St Mirren /Ross County one team for the great escape at the end of the season
fingers crossed its MOTHERWELL

TOG_wellfan
12-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Best option so far. Depending on exact Peebles location I assume route would be via Blythe Bridge or Leadburn heading for the bypass. I am located a few miles from Biggar so if agreeable could meet either place. Need to discuss with family later tonight to see if it fits their plans. Meantime any idea approx pick up and drop off times at say Leadburn

TOG_wellfan
12-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Best option so far. Depending on exact Peebles location I assume route would be via Blythe Bridge or Leadburn heading for the bypass. I am located a few miles from Biggar so if agreeable could meet either place. Need to discuss with family later tonight to see if it fits their plans. Meantime any idea approx pick up and drop off times at say Leadburn

Further thoughts. If the person from Peebles is prepared to route through Penicuik the I can use public transport to be there for around 9.30 am. Return to Penicuik would need to be 10.30 pm.

firparkloony
12-02-2015, 10:47 AM

Further thoughts. If the person from Peebles is prepared to route through Penicuik the I can use public transport to be there for around 9.30 am. Return to Penicuik would need to be 10.30 pm.[/quote]

That would be ideal, if you care to ring David Mayer on 01721 722033 you can tie up to suit, I would envisage being back at the FRB no later than 8.45pm therefore getting back to Pennicuik for 10.30 should not be a problem. See you Saturday.

dazlhigh
12-02-2015, 08:35 PM
The timing of that train is a nuisance. I can see that it connects with a southbound train at Inverness around 17.30, but there is another train to the south just after six o'clock. Given that the station is so close to the ground, I wonder if Ross ever approached the train company to do a bit of timetable tuning.