PDA

View Full Version : o/t Help updating avatar please

LincsMiller
11-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Ive just attempted updating my avatar, followed instructions, re-sized pic etc but when i get to upgrade stage I'm being told theres a problem, anyone help please?

CAMiller
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately it no longer seems to work and what's worse is that you've probably lost your old one now. FootyMad broke most things on the site with an update they did about 18 months ago and despite having been told about numerous issues haven't got around to fixing them :blue:

LincsMiller
11-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Wonderful, thanks for that CA...should have stuck to the old adage, "if it aint broke, don't fix it"

CAMiller
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
[quote="LincsMiller"[/quote]

I should have thought about it before and I just added a note to the uploading instructions.

Looking on the bright side - at least your loss might save someone else from the same fate.

LincsMiller
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Might be a good idea to get the "Update Avatars" feature removed

jolly_roger
11-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Change your to ASDA, you get a big avatar for free.

LincsMiller
11-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Posted last message before I saw your reply

CAMiller
11-02-2015, 03:55 PM
No problem - there's a list of features they need to fix including the complain button not working, the search feature that disappeared, the logging out of people every 30 minutes...the list is endless but I'd sooner put money on us winning the Premiership next season than on FootyMad getting around to fixing anything :(

PS If you log out and back in you might be lucky and get your old one back but I know others have lost theirs.

LincsMiller
11-02-2015, 03:58 PM
I won't hold my breath then, now i come to remember i had a problem originally, I somehow sent pic to Mod who did it from his end.

LincsMiller
11-02-2015, 04:44 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/1t4hdv.jpg

CA , I understand your not in the sunshine state any more but this was going to be my avatar:/

CAMiller
11-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Nice - sorry that I can't help you out.

Just FYI so you don't go upsetting our friends here - Florida is the Sunshine State, California is the Golden State and I'm now in the Evergreen State (or as Mrs CA often says I'm in a right state ;D)

LincsMiller
11-02-2015, 07:15 PM
I knew that , was just testing your local knowledge :blue: Plus if I remember rightly you were North of the surf, more in the mountains?

CAMiller
12-02-2015, 04:00 PM
I knew that , was just testing your local knowledge :blue: Plus if I remember rightly you were North of the surf, more in the mountains?

Correct. We were in the San Francisco Bay area. Still pretty popular for surfers (Mavericks) but only advisable in full wet suits as the Pacific is pretty cold up there. Just paddling in it was painful on the feet.