PDA

View Full Version : TEAM VS DUNDEE - ANY THOUGHTS?

maestro91
15-02-2015, 05:12 PM
LONG

LAW KERR LAING STRAKER

D THOMAS GRANT PEARSON JOHNSON

ERWIN MOORE

ANY THOUGHTS?

Handsome_Devil
15-02-2015, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't drop Sutton - his poor games have usually been when we've completely abandoned him in terms of service. If you make chances for him he'll still score.

texaco cup
15-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Think our team has to be based on pace and youth,if memory serves me right the only point we have taken in the last seven games was one in which McManus did not play in says it all.Have watched several games in the last few weeks where teams winning in our league play with width and pace down the flanks,and stretch opposition defences to create space and chances for their strikers.With the young players we have and the new signings made we should be able to impose ourselves on our opponents doing the same.IMO if IB can put his strongest eleven players on the park irrespective of their age/experience I think we would always have a stronger eleven than either St.Mirren,Ross County,Partick Thistle and Dundee.Time is running out for us and we need to get players on the park who will stand up and be counted by leadership,drive determination and the belef of winning games even if we go a goal behind,

andyss1886
15-02-2015, 06:17 PM
I would be happy on sat if that was the team. We need a break, and the old guard have had long enough. Lets see a bit of fight and energy, that team would have that.
I would drop big Sutty, not because he has done anything particularity wrong, because the big guy try's his heart out, just to give him a break. Plus with him in the side it is an easy option to hump it up the park, which gives us very little reward and is practicable. Every team knows our game plan before we KO. We need something different...desperately. He has brought these guys in, lets give them a chance.

bheron
15-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Do you think anyone would notice, if we Got Bradford City to play for Us? ;D

WoodyG
16-02-2015, 01:24 AM
Dundee wil rip us a new one as they have done twice this season.

Their players aren't that much better than ours on an individual level but as a team they are streets ahead.

firparkloony
16-02-2015, 08:32 AM
LONG

LAW KERR LAING STRAKER

D THOMAS GRANT PEARSON JOHNSON

ERWIN MOORE

ANY THOUGHTS?

Only if you want certain relegation, Laing and straker really! have you watched them. Sutton should always play, we just need to get the ball to him facing goal!

andyss1886
16-02-2015, 09:54 AM
We have only seen Laing for 20 minutes, so a bit unfair to judge. Any one better than 'goal a game' McManus. You have a point with Straker, he did not play well on sat.
Sutton should NOT always play, we need a change up front, the big guys is too slow and only gives the team an excuse to lump it up the park as we have done all season. Its been awful to watch and is utterly predictable. Nothing wrong with benching him for the next 3 home games, not saying drop him from the squad as he does try his heart out. We need to try a new approach. Every team we face will prepare for Sutty starting. Just my opinion obviously.

Wellup4it
16-02-2015, 09:59 AM
We have only seen Laing for 20 minutes, so a bit unfair to judge. Any one better than 'goal a game' McManus. You have a point with Straker, he did not play well on sat.
Sutton should NOT always play, we need a change up front, the big guys is too slow and only gives the team an excuse to lump it up the park as we have done all season.

I'd agree with that. Sutton is ok if we're expecting to spend a lot of time in or around the opposition penalty box. If we're not though and its an open game or we're on the defensive then yes its time to bench him. Horses for courses as they say.

Agree about Laing - virtually nothing on which to judge him.

Handsome_Devil
16-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Other than Sutton, our top scorer at the club is Ainsworth (on three) and he has essentially been binned by Baraclough as a starter. Beyond that there is the injured midfielder Vigurs and the right-back/god knows what Law, both on two.

We know Sutton will score goals if given service, he has done it in the SPL his entire career. Having finally signed a clutch of players who should be able to create, dropping Sutton to rely on Erwin (career goals: 1), Moore (career goals: ditto) or Nathan Thomas (career goals: what do you know, one!) would be madness.

To put it in perspective, despite playing in a crap team, Sutton has scored as many goals since Christmas as Erwin, Moore and Thomas have done their entire careers combined.

He will play on Saturday and quite rightly too.

andyss1886
16-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Moore Scored last season against Hearts, the guys from Kidderminster was 10 goals this season, but I get your point.
I like Sutton, but we need a change. Paul Hartley will have his central defenders practising right now to deal with Sutton, which they will with ease as our default is to thump the ball high to the big guy, any he does win he flicks on to no one. He needs a break.
How doe we know playing some of these other guys will not work as we have never tried it.
Continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the first sign of madness as some clever bloke once said, that's what we are suggesting here...we need to change tact.

Handsome_Devil
16-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Moore's goal v Hearts is the only he's scored and the guy from Kidderminster is a winger rather than a striker, no? Was only comparing forwards. Though why he was left on the bench so long on Sat I've no idea.

Agree we shouldn't be repeating same mistakes but for me the mistake is leaving Sutton in isolation over and over again. We know when he has support, if not an outright partner, and something resembling service he'll do the job despite his limitations.

andyss1886
16-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Wish we had a winger on ten!
listen, if any one deserves a goal from this lot it is Sutton for his effort. So lets hope you are right.

Handsome_Devil
16-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Will be equally delighted if we win 3-0 with Erwin, Moore and Thomas on the scoresheet!

jandm
16-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Just keep McManus and Ainsworth in the stand and I'll settle for a team of triers.

wellowell
16-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Would go with that if you changed sutton for moore