PDA

View Full Version : Ex Bolton players you have met ...

bwfcforever
20-02-2015, 12:02 AM
while a young en i played on the old burden park & the guy i recall the most was peter reid

i recall mick walsh ( ex centre back ) getting off a bus FFS ! at burden & he played !

& while coming back from edinburgh on the train a few yr back I got chatting to tomo of all people & the penny didn’t drop for 10 mins !! all that swallie eh !

gallopingchip
20-02-2015, 08:49 AM
I came across Frank Worthington a few years back taking a short cut through the furniture at Selfridges, Trafford Centre. I was taking the short cut in the opposite direction and there was only room for one to pass. I had a brief conversation and shook his hand, my all time hero for Bolton. I have to say though Djorkaeff and Okocha come close.

JimmyJazz64
20-02-2015, 09:02 AM
I met Frankie a couple of years ago at a sportsmans dinner in Manc. Everyone in there was Utd or City. Had a long chat with him at the end. A real gent. He laughed that there was always a Bolton fan no matter where he spoke.

Used to see Ian Greaves in Fannys a lot. Always stood on his own at the end of the bar nursing a whisky or brandy looking very sad

Whatsmore
20-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Peter reid milnthorpe labour club late seventies.Browny in royal oak.Reidy far pavilion Atherton.Jimmy Phillips macdonalds Blackburn rd. mark came when he worked at warbies driving a truck.Since been sacked though sadly.

leebwfc
20-02-2015, 07:26 PM
met Okocha at the player of the year awards in 2003, along with Jussi and Barness (who i phoned a taxi for as he was sooo pi55ed), im sure a few others on the night but struggling to remembers

And earlier than that at burnden, we had a chat with Branagan one night as he pulled up in his car and thats about it I think!

lord_hooray
20-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Met Per Fransen in Bolton about 10 years ago but I was leathered, kept calling him Pierre Fransen apparently.

Also Jussi and his wife one night, they were absolutely fantastic, they were celebrating the birth of their third child if my memory serves me right

Also once lean't against a posh car bonnet on the Burnden forecourt when we were playing Wolves, and someone pipped the horn, looked round it was Alex Ferguson, with some good looking dark haired girl, possibly his daughter, telling me to shove off,(in good humour i might add)

bwfcforever
20-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Peter reid milnthorpe labour club late seventies.Browny in royal oak.Reidy far pavilion Atherton.Jimmy Phillips macdonalds Blackburn rd. mark came when he worked at warbies driving a truck.Since been sacked though sadly.

blimmey ! shame eh , what happened after he left us ..?