PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful Match Officials (e.g. v Swindon)

Platform13
01-03-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm no football expert. But I love the drama of the game. As a lad I cut my teeth on watching the shrews. They were always an entertaining side too - with good managers who taught the players clever skills. But best of all they were well disciplined and didn't rely on dirty tricks, foul play and conning the ref to get success. As we all know that sort of honest sporting approach can rapidly get you into a relegation place. Yet who would want to watch a dirty team like Swindon ... not me?!

Now, I heard Peter Morse telling us on Saturday that the Swindon match was not a dirty game - despite the statistics. But I disagree. Swindon were full of dirty tricks, most of which went unpunished. But it was the referee and officials which set the tone. I can honestly say that he was the worst official that I have ever witnessed at Gresty Road and he definitely cost us the win.

What on earth has happened to the standard of refereeing this season?? And why do our lads always suffer for it? We hav

grestyraider7
01-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Have to agree that the standard of the ref yesterday was shockingly bad. The plus side of this, as always seems to be the case at Gresty Road, there's nothing like a crap ref to enrage the usually hushed main stand, the atmosphere in there yesterday was more like an away game!

ChalkDust
02-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Quite funny that the referee assessor was sat on the same row as me on Saturday. It was pointed out to him about his little tay tar tay with the supporters when he came off at half time and stopped to infuriate the crowd more.

thnhouse
02-03-2015, 11:34 AM
I was sat directly behind that and it was cringily bad.

The referee slowed down,laughingly gestured towards them while speaking to his linesman, then pointed at himself as if to say "Me" with a surprised look on his face as he walked past them. Clearly trying to wind them up more which is something a player could concievably be booked for.

To make the whole thing slightly more awkward it's quite obvious that at least two of the guys shouting at him suffer with learning difficulties. Which only makes the ref mocking them a bit more deplorable.