PDA

View Full Version : o/t Rotherham Trades

CentreMid
02-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Couple of mates are saying it's closing after tonight's shift.

Can anyone else shed any light on this as it's been a fantastic pre match watering hole for the last few months...

CAMiller
02-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Couple of mates are saying it's closing after tonight's shift.

Can anyone else shed any light on this as it's been a fantastic pre match watering hole for the last few months...

I think Bri was having his charity event there so hopefully not :blue: - view external link (boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110354158&page=1)

LincsMiller
02-03-2015, 09:26 PM
O/T VespaBri"s Charity night at the Trades.
Right here goes.

28th March(no Millers game).
Tickets £5 and that includes pie"n"peas.
Raffle tickets £2 each or 3 for £5...fantastic prizes.
There will also be Charlie Graves(from view from the graves in the Advertiser) doing a singing spot followed by a disco hosted by my nephew who"s coming over from Scunny to do it.

The F.A.Cup & Champions league trophies will be on display.

I should have my tickets with me on saturday in the Bluecoat just inside the entrance..just look for an Ade Edmonson lookielikie.

Hopefully i"ll be there from 1pm.

I"ll post on this thread my fundraising website as soon as its up and running which will be end of this week touch wood.

Oh. my challenge this yr is the London Marathon 26th April then the following week day 1 of last yrs tour de france (190kms).

Thanks everyone for what i hope will be a cracking night..(children welcome by the way).

LETS FILL THE TRADES!!

Brin
02-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Just text Bri to check it out...:s

Rumours?

LincsMiller
02-03-2015, 09:27 PM
You heard anything Vespa ???

Brin
02-03-2015, 09:39 PM
I'm in touch with Bri...something isn't ringing right with him...he's going down tomorrow...

Brin
02-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Just tried calling Trades 01709 364975 answer says this number does not exist please check and dial again...:O

Anyone still got Dave's number from the coach booking thread he put on here?

LincsMiller
02-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Doesn't sound promising :(

CAMiller
02-03-2015, 09:48 PM
01709 231448 is the one he posted.

Brin
02-03-2015, 09:55 PM
01709 231448 is the one he posted.

Same as ...'Sorry the number you have dialled is not in service'...:s :s

CentreMid
02-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Deffo not sounding good folks and not being able to get through by phone.

Is it too late to join the Bluecoats Crew ;D ;D

RedArrowMiller
02-03-2015, 09:58 PM
was in sat and they had sky sports off, saying broke!!

RedArrowMiller
02-03-2015, 10:06 PM
and were still selling boro coach tickets...

Casper64Frank
02-03-2015, 10:07 PM
There used to be a mobile no. for booking tickets Live at the Trades Ticket Reserve

Not sure if this number is connected directly with the club.

RedArrowMiller
02-03-2015, 10:11 PM
voicemail on that number

sota
02-03-2015, 10:19 PM
I hope this isn't true, I've booked my whole trip around Bri's charity night and Brin's offer of free beer all night.

CAMiller
02-03-2015, 10:31 PM
I hope this isn't true, I've booked my whole trip around Bri's charity night and Brin's offer of free beer all night.

Don't fret. If the Trades have gone belly up I'm sure Brin will offer Bri the use of his front parlour and jukebox - as long a you promise not to meddle with Mrs Brin's nicknacks.

scum_triumphant
02-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Someone I know that performs there from time to time just posted on Facebook that tomorrow is the last night.
I hope he's mistaken.

Brin
02-03-2015, 10:53 PM

Don't fret. If the Trades have gone belly up I'm sure Brin will offer Bri the use of his front parlour and jukebox - as long a you promise not to meddle with Mrs Brin's nicknacks.[/quote]

Had to read that twice thought you'd put knickers...ooh matron! XD

Seriously though I've been in touch with Bri and he is going to look into this tomorrow...I truly hope it's a hoax as a lot of planning and organising has gone into getting this off the ground...Bri Himself has worked tirelessly to make this happen and here's to it succeeding!

It is very short notice if it has to be cancelled :blue: :blue:
Nevertheless that's where mates dig in to help and I for one will be there for Bri to help do what I can... I'm sure when the Entertainer sees this he will be straight in to support

Brin
02-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Deffo not sounding good folks and not being able to get through by phone.

Is it too late to join the Bluecoats Crew ;D ;D

Welcome aboard..

Brin
02-03-2015, 10:55 PM

You'll get your drink pal no fear of that we'll have to meet elsewhere...;D

vespabri
03-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Cheers for informing me last night Brin.
I will be heading down there this morning sometime hoping Dave will reasure me its not true..BUT I FEAR IT IS.

What astonishes me is that i popped in yesterday about 10.30 to ask what time is chuckin out time on my do, how early the D.J could set up on the day and if i could leave some colllection tins for the charity to which Dave said they"ll put them up behind the bar.

I just need to be reasured Dave, if the rumours are true then why the hell didn"t you say so??..

The charity night WILL go ahead if its the last thing i do.

I"ll let you know.

Brin
03-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Cheers for informing me last night Brin.
I will be heading down there this morning sometime hoping Dave will reasure me its not true..BUT I FEAR IT IS.

What astonishes me is that i popped in yesterday about 10.30 to ask what time is chuckin out time on my do, how early the D.J could set up on the day and if i could leave some colllection tins for the charity to which Dave said they"ll put them up behind the bar.

I just need to be reasured Dave, if the rumours are true then why the hell didn"t you say so??..

The charity night WILL go ahead if its the last thing i do.

I"ll let you know.

Not a problem pal. I truly hope it's a hoax...drop me a text either way...good luck pal..

millavanilla
03-03-2015, 08:38 AM
If this is true and the people involved knew it was happening, then bri should have been told earlier and in private..not finding out from third parties..maybe knocking beer prices down was the last try at getting people in...

myowzer
03-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Official Statement on Live at the Trades FB page

THE TRADES ROTHERHAM: WE DISCOVERED (EG NOT INFORMED) THAT THE TRADES WILL CLOSE FROM TONIGHT TUESDAY 3RD MARCH.
RAE / LIVE AT THE TRADES IS NOT PART OF THE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE OF THE VENUE, AND WERE NOT INVOLVED IN ANY DECISION MAKING CONCERNING THE VIABILITY OF THE BUSINESS.
PLEASE BE PATIENT AS WE WORK TO 1. FIND ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR OUR EVENTS AND 2. TRY TO FIND SOME WAY THAT THIS VERY IMPORTANT TOWN ASSET WHICH HAS BEEN POORLY MANAGED FOR SO LONG IS NOT PERMANENTLY LOST.
PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOOKED PARTIES OR PAID DEPOSITS FOR EVENTS SHOULD CALL THE CURRENT VENUE MANAGER ON 07715817878 OR CALL IN AT THE CLUB BEFORE THIS EVENING.
IF I CAN MAKE IT 100% LIVE AT THE TRADES AND RAE DO NOT OWN NOR HAVE ANY FINANCIAL INTEREST IN ROTHERHAM TRADES. - view external link (https://www.facebook.com/LiveAtTheTradesRotherham)

RedArrowMiller
03-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Any further update fellas if you got down to see them earlier?

Brin
03-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Not good news! Bri will update shortly...

vespabri
03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Right lads here goes..firstly lets not be TOO hard on Dave as ive only just spoke to someone who knows him well and its not all his fault...i"ll not bore you with the details.

Apparently the Bagin is already booked so my next port of call is Brinsworth Pavillion then Wickersley club...thought about NYS but that would cost the world and they"d use their own DJ & caterers..

I didn"t have thefoggiest thiswas going to happen..FFS!!!!

The night will go ahead if its the last thing i do..

I"llkeep you informed.

cheers Bri.