PDA

View Full Version : Haber?

thnhouse
03-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Quick question for Marcus Haber if he's on here, is a friendly against Guatemala that you'll probably be on the bench for more important than the potential relegation of your club?

whosbrianwilson
04-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Obviously not - and therein lies the problem.

Sooner he's gone the better.

Alex_Crew
04-03-2015, 12:50 PM
That's it for me. He can go to his meaningless friendly and not return.

Steve was absolutely right to drop him last night, and we should look to bring one or two forwards on loan as a matter of urgency.

Give Saunders a run instead of this guy...at least he IS committed.

RenegadeDS
04-03-2015, 03:30 PM
I like Haber, but now he's just taking the p*ss.

Alexman
05-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Well Davis knew he was going to play international football and must have taken that into consideration when signing him.

Alex_Crew
05-03-2015, 12:56 PM
This is about Haber's priorities. He's been down the pecking order for a large chunk of the season, but he's finally getting a run of games.

Would you travel to Canada to play 15 minutes in a meaningless friendly or stay and keep your place in the team (the ones who pay your wages) and help them fight off relegation?

It's hardly Brazil they're playing either...

somersetcrewe
05-03-2015, 01:48 PM
It's hardly Brazil they're playing either...

To them it might be!
Have you seen Canada play? ;D

AlexLeicester
05-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Pulling on an England shirt used to be the absolute pinnacle of achievement, so I'm led to believe. Times have changed this side of the 'pond', it seems, sadly.
In Canada it may be different, and Haber may feel that representing his country is the highest he's going to get as a professional, so I can understand that.

Yes, I'd love it if the international games didn't clash with our current battles, but I'm prepared to give the lad a break. It's a difficult choice: praise from the supporters of a small to medium-sized Div 1 English club; or representing your country?

thnhouse
05-03-2015, 06:58 PM
I could 100% understand that if it wasn't a friendly, or it was his first cap, or if he was the main striker for Canada.
But it's two frankly meaningless friendlies that he's unlikely to get much game time in.

It doesn't even make sense to me as a player that wants to play more for Canada, if we get relegated and he's part of that side it will hurt his chances of a call up massively. A lot more than a goal against Guatemala will do him good.

number1stuartevans
05-03-2015, 07:10 PM
would give my left one for a chance at being on the bench for england, what would you all do? Don't be hypocritical

lyndongrange
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Give both!

Problem here is national football bodies trying to increase income with an insistence on meaningless friendlies. Our own FA would play anybody at Wembley for a huge pot of cash.Not what football should be about...

grestyraider7
07-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Maybe meaningless, but while he is biting the hand that feeds him, he's not a premiership star, and playing for your country as a league One player takes some passing up I would think.

bigroof
07-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Clearly the games aren't meaningless to Canada, or to Haber. They're in their continental championship finals in July. Haber's obviously on the fringes of the team, but if he didn't turn up to these games, he'd almost certainly scupper his chances of taking part in the summer.
He's Canadian. Steve knew he was an international. As Haber said in a recent interview, anyone who employs him over here, can expect him to be available for around 40 matches. He offers something different to our other forwards, and is a half-decent League One player, but we'll just have to come up with other plans for a couple of games.

whosbrianwilson
13-03-2015, 08:43 AM
A different outlook

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31859986

bigroof
13-03-2015, 09:09 AM
A different outlook

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31859986

Yes, I read that too, WBW. Not exactly a parallel to Haber's situation though. Canada are due to play in the Gold Cup, Montserrat aren't. Montserrat are just as likely to call upon that guy again; Canada are unlikely to call upon Haber again if he doesn't go this time.

whosbrianwilson
13-03-2015, 12:14 PM
You're probably right BR, but in view of Uche's return, I think Haber has just become a bit part player for the rest of this season.

NEVTHEDEV
28-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Scored the 1 and only winning goal,at 10 mins

AlexLeicester
28-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Very pleased for the lad. For some people the goal and victory will not excuse him for donning his country's shirt instead of an Alex one, but for me it demonstrates (or it should) the way we look after players. When opportunity knocks we tend to support them. I like that.

CrossPonder
28-03-2015, 08:28 AM
He did well. He should have had another on a penalty that wasn't awarded at 71 minutes.

out0lunch
28-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Try this link for the goal, around 14min 25 secs - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuH5F2qAolM)

supercrewe
08-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Needs to be back in the team on Saturday alongside Ajose ...

bonehead
10-04-2015, 10:07 AM
yep Haber should start i like him

get the team right for next season - play him in all remaining games