PDA

View Full Version : Results, Table and Chat (Week 28 + FA Cup?)

CAMiller
07-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Well what a strange sight at Wembley today as BBC coverage started early, there was the usual fare of Cup Final It's a Knockout, the road to Wembley, and A Question of Sport; Abide with me was sung and just as everyone was settling down to decide whether to go with Briane Moore on ITV or David Coleman on the BBC news came through that one of the teams had failed to turn up. Had their coach broken down at Watford Gap? Was the weight of having to wear 7 pairs of donkey ears too much? Hopefully everything is OK with mmniall as uncharacteristically he didn't post and missed the PL FA Cup Final so I'll leave it up to Adventus2012 if he wants to claim a 17-0 walkover or would prefer today's final be declared null and void and a new date arranged?

On the pitch it's yet another win for in form NeztheMiller who despite only getting 4 results right, three of them were correct 2-1 scores in his 31pt tally. Blade_Hater takes 2nd on the podium and maintains a small lead at the top of the table wit

Adventus2012
07-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Hi CAM while 17-0 thrashing sounds very appealing I would be more than happy for the fixture to be rearranged, besides it would feel like an empty victory if I was to win in this way. ;D

UTM

Brin
07-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Panicing I 'd not posted in time...I was at work and just managed to post them at 3pm bang on!

Why did I firkin bother? :blue: XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Being a gambling man... Nez surely has to be big odds on now...well done fella...;D

CAMiller
08-03-2015, 06:23 AM
Well he's certainly hit a rich vein of form Brin but it's a bit early yet to be calling for the fat lady to warm up her vocal chords.

In essence he has played 24 games because there are only 8 weeks left so the games in hand are a bit misleading. Also, with the weekly spread between winner and donkey averaging 25+ pts I'd say anyone down to 12th is still in it. If Nez and wathrufc swapped points this week then their league positions would be reversed.

CAMiller
08-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Hi CAM while 17-0 thrashing sounds very appealing I would be more than happy for the fixture to be rearranged, besides it would feel like an empty victory if I was to win in this way. ;D

UTM

Thanks Knocker. Let's wait to see if mmniall resurfaces and if not the pyrrhic victory will be yours.

mmniall
09-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Sincere apologies fellas and no excuse greater than I had a busy week and it slipped my mind.

Very generous of you to offer to replay the final, Adventus. I'd like to do that.

Given my form this season I'll probably get less points in this final than the no-show one XD

CAMiller
09-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Sincere apologies fellas and no excuse greater than I had a busy week and it slipped my mind.

Very generous of you to offer to replay the final, Adventus. I'd like to do that.

Given my form this season I'll probably get less points in this final than the no-show one XD

OK - assuming Adventus2012 sees this then we'll do it this weekend (Week 29)