PDA

View Full Version : Is Friday's game, "Just another Game"

bheron
16-03-2015, 12:47 PM
I know we have a few days to go, but I was just wondering what the thoughts are. I have been one of those that think we are showing signs of improvement, but I think a defeat on Friday would signal that we will finish in the bottom two. The last three games have been against teams we would not expect to beat, but Friday is the first time we come up against a team that are struggling. We have been hammered twice already this season by Accies, so we will see if the "Improvement" in the team is real, or just wishful thinking by the likes of me. For me Friday's game is *****, if we win, it gives us a boost, if we lose, we are F&%^ed.

Handsome_Devil
16-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Theoretically it's not a must win - should we lose then win the next seven we'll be fine.

But in the real world, anything less than three points and it's another nail in the coffin imo.

andyss1886
16-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Would have to agree, they need to win Friday. If they win it gives them a wee bit of confidence going into the last 3 games before split. Killie, St Mirren and thistle would then seem much more winnable...if we lose they all become hard asks.
I think we will win, hope for a decent support and a good performance and we can all have a laugh, get along and enjoy a weekend, as this weekend has been another downer in a season of downers...

steviex
16-03-2015, 01:39 PM
[quote="bheron" in the team is real, or just wishful thinking by the likes of me. For me Friday's game is *****, if we win, it gives us a boost, if we lose, we are F&%^ed.[/quote]

I know its not mathematically over until is over but for me this is our pivotal game. We desperately need to put pressure on St Mirren and RC when they know our result in advance. We have failed to put pressure on them at any point this season. We have in effect been their insurance policy with our utterly i

wellin
16-03-2015, 05:34 PM
We all seem to be in agreement that a win is pretty ***** on Friday. I think we will get the win because Accies are in freefall. Saying that, we seem to be very accommodating to teams who are in that sort of position. If we sort out the defensive lapses we will win the game.

texaco cup
16-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Agree with most of the posts about Friday's game if ever our players are due the fans a performance then this game is it.Their personal pride should make them want to sweat blood against the Accies after our last two league games against them.A victory would then put some pressure onto Ross County and St.Mirren who have winable games on Saturday and under pressure may just slip up.If the fans give the same amount of backing to the players as they have done in the last two home games IMO we will get the three points with hopefully with a clean sheet as well

LawSteelman
16-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Friday is an absolute, 100% must win game, not just to get us back level on points at least with Ross County and put pressure on them and St.Mirren, but psychologically we need three points in what is a very winnable game having failed badly in our previous two matches. A draw is absolutely no use here and a defeat will all but condemn us to the bottom two as it will be a major boot in the bangers for all at the club that I don't think we would be able to come back from. We need a win, three points, simple as that and anything less will be a failure.

markymfc
16-03-2015, 07:22 PM
We need d a win. If it doesnt happen I cant see where we will accumlate the points we need. I just want the players to appreciate the enormity of these last few games and go out and dictate a game for the first time in a long time. No stupid mistakes. Go for it.

sieb1886
16-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Absolute no-brainer !
Anything less than 3 points is not just totally unacceptable, it's the end of our time in the top flight for a very, very long time. That's it in a nutshell :blue:

bheron
17-03-2015, 03:49 PM
So we are all in agreement then. Friday is *****.

So lets ALL get ready for Friday, and get right behind the team. If you know someone who is wavering about going, give them a pep talk. I know the game is on Tv, but we need every REAL fan, that can make it to turn up. We have to play our part over the next few weeks as well...C'mon the 'Well

Northchannel
17-03-2015, 10:42 PM
its a ***** game but a point would be just acceptable if we cant win, more ***** to win the away v st mirren game, 5+pts out the next 9 minimum aim, anything can happen in run in, this game alone wont decide our fortunes wotever the result!

texaco cup
17-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Sorry Northchannel we are at home to St.Mirren and away to Killie and Partick