PDA

View Full Version : Who's To Blame?

ramspride
17-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I was a big Maclaren fan but sorry he must take the blame for our meteroric decline. The team have completely lost their confidence and I thought one of Macs strengths was mind games. He should also have seen an injury to Martin was highly possible after keeping him fit for over 18 months. A deputy was and is needed you can't pose any threats with our midgit forward line. Can't see us scoring again let alone get in the play offs.

Rapid
17-03-2015, 11:13 PM
sorry mate but that's rubbish in my humble opinion.

mac should have seen an injury to martin and brought in a deputy? he did - bent. then he got ****ing injured.

injury list recently:

thorne
martin
bent
Russell (now back)
ward (now back)
mascarell
Eustace
Bennett
Whitbread (hardly worth mentioning to be fair)

that's essentially half a team.

no team in this league could operate properly without their 2 most important players injured for this length of time.

take Richie and Wilson out of Bournemouth's side and they'd be ****ed. take bamford and tomlin out of boro's and they'd be the same. abdi and deeney for Watford and the same outcome.

that's football. blaming the manager for key players getting injured is just silly.

the players have to step up and grind out results. individual errors aren't helping matters, we have to cut them out.

ramspride
17-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Bent was never going to be a replacement for Martin. Two completely different type of players. Bent was also never going to play regularly for 90mins his age was against him and he always wore those long pants under his shorts. Players normally wear those to protect a weakness usually thigh/hamstring problems. Hey presto what's Bent out with?

garibaldi
17-03-2015, 11:29 PM
sorry mate but that's rubbish in my humble opinion.

mac should have seen an injury to martin and brought in a deputy? he did - bent. then he got ****ing injured.

injury list recently:

thorne
martin
bent
Russell (now back)
ward (now back)
mascarell
Eustace
Bennett
Whitbread (hardly worth mentioning to be fair)

that's essentially half a team.

no team in this league could operate properly without their 2 most important players injured for this length of time.

take Richie and Wilson out of Bournemouth's side and they'd be ****ed. take bamford and tomlin out of boro's and they'd be the same. abdi and deeney for Watford and the same outcome.

that's football. blaming the manager for key players getting injured is just silly.

the players have to step up and grind out results. individual errors aren't helping matters, we have to cut them out.

Pfffft that's a puny injury list. Injuries don't matter and it's not why you beat our C tea

Rapid
17-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Bent was never going to be a replacement for Martin. Two completely different type of players. Bent was also never going to play regularly for 90mins his age was against him and he always wore those long pants under his shorts. Players normally wear those to protect a weakness usually thigh/hamstring problems. Hey presto what's Bent out with?

different players yes but bent seemed to be doing pretty well when he was in the team. striker's like martin are like rocking horse ****. you can't just pluck them out of thin air. bent was a fantastic signing that was only really meant to back up martin. nobody on the planet saw both of them getting injured at virtually the same time.

you can't account for things like that. it's just bad luck. nobody is to blame for injuries unless you want to start getting a noose for the fitness coach and physio.

steviejay
17-03-2015, 11:40 PM
I blame SMac. 4-3-3 every game. 7 out of 10 players he's signed are poor, no plan B, too much backward and side wards play. Not enough shots, always trying to pass the ball into the net. Crap interviews and never reallysays what most fans think.
Poor signings
Dawkins, shotton, Christie, maskarel, Ince is average, Whitbread, lingard OK, Warnock never gets picked, the other real Madrid player is poor,
Bent is good
Throne is excellent
I question his tactics and poor signings. Player moral is worse and the close knit team spirit McLaren has erroded away in one season. Wheels are falling off. Most players are now sub standard.
Conclusion - Smac messes every job up he gets once he gets hold of the purse strings

Stan_van_nel
17-03-2015, 11:43 PM

Or like last season Ings, Vokes and Marney out. Formation and how we operated had to change, which it did.

If (and I'm only going off what some folk have said on here) McClaren is still playing the same formation with all those injured players out, then he surely has to be questioned.

Rapid
17-03-2015, 11:48 PM

Or like last season Ings, Vokes and Marney out. Formation and how we operated had to change, which it did.
[/quote]

were they all injured at the same time for 10 games plus?

Stan_van_nel
18-03-2015, 12:20 AM
That's not what I was responding to though Rapid.

If 'your' key injured players have been out for so long then surely it has to be a change of thinking from the manager?

Like change formation and become hard to beat?

(I don't know enough about how Derby have been operating recently, I'm just going off what I read, so I could be talking a load of crap :) )

Ramondo
18-03-2015, 12:42 AM
We've been unlucky with injuries, that happens.

We had Martin and we knew how important he was, we also knew we needed a plan B option. So Bent was brought in, he could offer cover for Martin if he was injured or needed resting but could also come on into a two pronged attack if we needed that plan B option. In addition we had the likes of Mason.

But for both of the ****ers to get injured at the same time of the season is just sods law. Just as we have one defensive midfielder position and three players to cover and all three are out.

How many strikers do people want us to bring in? We can't stock pile them without them getting games.

We knew tonight was going to be tough, I expected zero efforts on goal from Derby and a heavy defeat. I got one right, I wasn't especially impressed with Boro either, considering how poor we are right now.

But life goes on. I took my daughter tonight, it was not only her first match since MC took over but it was her first ever match that she's bee