PDA

View Full Version : Ainsworth

Handsome_Devil
20-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Ainsworth has been the subject of many discussions before and no doubt will again - by other fans if not us should he move on in summer.

But what on earth goes on in this guy's head week to week...last season he was inconsistent but chucked in 10+ goals and however many assists, this season he's hardly kicked his own arse yet has chipped in a few goals and then produces that effort tonight.

After 13 or 14 clubs by his mid-20s you'd think he'd figure if he wants to be a professional footballer he has to screw the nut. Clearly it's not happened and we can question if it ever will but if he's playing for a contract - with us or with whoever - next season and produces this kind of form then we need to use him.

meister1991
20-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Ainsworth has been the subject of many discussions before and no doubt will again - by other fans if not us should he move on in summer.

But what on earth goes on in this guy's head week to week...last season he was inconsistent but chucked in 10+ goals and however many assists, this season he's hardly kicked his own arse yet has chipped in a few goals and then produces that effort tonight.

After 13 or 14 clubs by his mid-20s you'd think he'd figure if he wants to be a professional footballer he has to screw the nut. Clearly it's not happened and we can question if it ever will but if he's playing for a contract - with us or with whoever - next season and produces this kind of form then we need to use him.

he's a frustrating ******, talented and causes danger but lacks consistency and at times looks totally disinterested. For me I'd keep guys like Ainsworth and Sutton around. They are both limited in different ways but the

Handsome_Devil
20-03-2015, 10:40 PM

he's a frustrating ******, talented and causes danger but lacks consistency and at times looks totally disinterested. For me I'd keep guys like Ainsworth and Sutton around.

Dorset_Steelman
20-03-2015, 10:41 PM
I have always said that there is something about Ainsworth that I like. He definitely has a footballing brain.

I only got to see the Well once last season and that was the 3 -3 draw with Celtic in the April. His pass to Sutty to make it 3-3 was sublime.

dasdeid
21-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Appears only to play when either he scores or we’re ahead and playing well.
Neither been a regular occurrence this season and perhaps why benched as prone to go AWOL
I'd only have him come off bench until changes his attitude to become involved from kick off.
He’s like a light switch and more often switched off and can leave in the summer and seek his 14th club

Half_Can_Dan
21-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Could be the old contract is up time to show folk what i am all about putting himself in shop window.For me i think under IB with a full pre season and season under him he could add so much to his game.

sieb1886
21-03-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm sure more intelligent folk (of his former clubs), than I have thought the following;
"Mibbe the guy's realised this is THE club for him, so he'll knuckle down, put in the shifts and keep scoring absolutely great fekkin goals".
Time will tell ...

dasdeid
22-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Lionel's performances remind me of Friday’s solar eclipse (?)
We all looked forward with anticipation .., get few minutes of activity .. normality returns .. lengthy wait for the next !
I think a fair comparison of Ainsworth’s season performance

dazlhigh
22-03-2015, 11:12 AM
For the time being at least, the level we're playing at and the resources we have mean that we have awkward decisions to make about players like Lionel. Do we keep him, accepting that his 'form graph' is going to show massive peaks and troughs, or do we go for someone who will do a more pedestrian, but reliable, shift week in, week out?
On balance, I'd like Ainsworth to stay. Lionel on one side, Johnson on the other, Erwin / Sutton / McDonald / Moore / Thomas as the rest of the attack and we could get somewhere.

WoodyG
23-03-2015, 01:10 AM
Ainsworth and Sutton will go in the summer. They won't fit well into a new system where every player has to contribute more than their main strengths.

wellowell
24-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Got to agree Ainsworth will certainly go IMO as he only seems to try when a contract is on offer as in 2nd half of last season and just recently so no point in giving him another contract if he does same again **** for 30 games then starts trying.