PDA

View Full Version : Pitch Standards...

gardsPNE
22-03-2015, 11:57 AM
There are standards set for the grounds, health and safety etc etc, however there doesn't appear to be any standards for football pitches except min and max dimensions. I am obviously talking particularly about the Lashers and Bradfords pitches. They don't even come up to scratch at park football level never mind Professional football. We have to travel to Bradford at Easter and to play on that ****hole of a pitch will not make for any decent football at all. I do not know how they get away with it and if it gets to a certain state they should not be allowed to play on it. It's dangerous for the players and I don't care what anybody says it's an advantage for the home side.

alfinyalcabo
22-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Stop *****in moaning Gards XD .. It's the same for both sides..you will just have to get stuck in and work a bit harder to grind out a result against the Yawkies..you can celebrate by tekkin a trip up Manningham lane afterwards and shaggin a bit of Asian stuff .. Ask CB. He will be able to put you on to a few no doubt. XD

CalverleyBoy
22-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Stop *****in moaning Gards XD .. It's the same for both sides..you will just have to get stuck in and work a bit harder to grind out a result against the Yawkies..you can celebrate by tekkin a trip up Manningham lane afterwards and shaggin a bit of Asian stuff .. Ask CB. He will be able to put you on to a few no doubt. XD

LOL, you are right the Bradford pitch is a mess, they have to put up with some crap weather in Bradford, not sure what costa del Blackpools excuse is as they have it quite mild in comparison - probably keeping donkeys on it all year round takes it toll.

Personally I keep away from Manningham but try the curry houses around Great Horton Road area.

gardsPNE
23-03-2015, 06:43 AM

Ok Alfi I will stop whinging now I have had my say but I think I am right though. Pitches shouldn't be left to go into such a state.

I will take CBs advice on this one due to his superior local knowledge ;D

ob790
23-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Whilst it is the same for both sides in terms of game day it is more advantageous for the home side such as Barnsley and Bradford who have to play on that **** week in week out so get accustomed to the surface.

A bit like us having the plastic pitch back in the day.

pnethor
23-03-2015, 01:46 PM
If they tarmacced all pitches it would stop players diving so much.

Could be worth considering.

gardsPNE
23-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Whilst it is the same for both sides in terms of game day it is more advantageous for the home side such as Barnsley and Bradford who have to play on that **** week in week out so get accustomed to the surface.

A bit like us having the plastic pitch back in the day.

You have got to agree Alfi ob is spot on except in the Lashers case of course were no matter were they play 3 points ain't going to happen ;D

Acido
23-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Blacky's pitch is appalling to be honest, but they have got far more things to worry about at the moment havent they!!

For example, how much do they charge for donkey rides on the beach these days XD