PDA

View Full Version : OT Richie Benaud

JimmyJazz64
10-04-2015, 05:19 PM
It's not often people mourn the loss of a sports commentator but Richie Benaud is a genuinely sad loss in my opinion. Fantastic due to how little he actually said.

His often-used line of:

"Grass green, sky blue. A perfect day for cricket"

is an abiding memory of my childhood watching the Test Matches in the school summer holidays

Whatsmore
10-04-2015, 07:28 PM
It's not often people mourn the loss of a sports commentator but Richie Benaud is a genuinely sad loss in my opinion. Fantastic due to how little he actually said.

His often-used line of:

"Grass green, sky blue. A perfect day for cricket"

is an abiding memory of my childhood watching the Test Matches in the school summer holidaysJimmy don't you dare mention that pansy hoo harr henry,come and see my wood,do you like my shaven legs before wicket,boring,970 days testicle matches,agaist the fcking windies,ausies,pak1stanis,fck knows who else,sh1te game.or I will seriously have to kill you. >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)forgot to point out I mean when we meet up.Dont mean to be disrepectfull to the guy whos passed away with this post,im sure you understand that mate.BUT I JUST HATE FCKING CRICKET. :(

gardsPNE
10-04-2015, 08:13 PM
So Whatsmore I just want clear this up, cricket isn't your number 1 sport then...;D

JJ your spot on and one of the best commentators in any sport I can think of and even though he was an Aussie he wasn't biased at all to be honest.

JimmyJazz64
10-04-2015, 09:21 PM
gards - whatsmore is a fkin heathen. End of!!!

I will accept that you maybe need to have played it to really get it. I would like to have seen him the day that I faced Collis King (off a short run up) in the days of no helmets, padding, etc.

Richie Benaud is up there with Kenneth Wolstenholme, and David Coleman in his early athletics days

donboy
10-04-2015, 10:14 PM
RIP Richie,you'll be sadly missed. An absolute giant of a sports commentator and a thoroughly decent bloke.

Whatsmore
11-04-2015, 03:42 AM
gards - whatsmore is a fkin heathen. End of!!!

I will accept that you maybe need to have played it to really get it. I would like to have seen him the day that I faced Collis King (off a short run up) in the days of no helmets, padding, etc.

Richie Benaud is up there with Kenneth Wolstenholme, and David Coleman in his early athletics daysNo helmets jimmy?think I know enough about the so called game to understand,that with you cricketers its all about your helmets of purple.And oh ive played the game ive bin out there at school in the field,when some sore arsed ponce as hit the ball,and im there sh1tting myself cos I cant see the fcking thing and worried its going to tw at me in the face. :( :( :(

JC White
11-04-2015, 09:10 AM
I totally echo your thoughts JJ about RB, a class act and you don't say that very often about an Ausie! I also love to listen to Boycs, not got the same dignity as RB but tells it how it is (the NL of Cricket)
Whatsmore, never too old to learn about the game and get yourself a bit of class. Get a few books, a couple of Videos and put aside about 100 hrs and come and join the grown-ups!

JimmyJazz64
11-04-2015, 07:33 PM
whatsmore also needs to get himself down to a local cricket club on a nice sunny day, sit somewhere around the long-on or long-off boundary with a few pints, and sit and admire the game without worrying that he might get his big girls's blouse in a mess XD XD

I know what you mean about Boycott JC. He may be an irritating, opinionated, Yorkshireman but he rarely says anything that is wrong when commentating on the cricket