PDA

View Full Version : wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, ... right!

nonsuchmike
19-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Mr Wruddock was wrong to give that type of pessimistic press release (saying he couldn't have expected any more from his squad - of course he could!) after the Stevenage match; he gave it about the wrong bunch of players who are coming to the end of a gruelling season; wrong to then expect them to be motivated towards victory for the Bury match, which they appeared not to be; wrong to announce it to this group of supporters @ this particular club.

But RIGHT to introduce young blood into the team from the get go, and also right to introduce others as substitutes so that they get time on the pitch in a leagued atmosphere. If you introduce more younger players, say four, five or six, over the course of the next matches and we lose, I will not mind; but you must say that we can do better; by all means praise their application and curse their luck, but be ready to admit when and where we fall short.

Let us ask ourselves why proven goalscorers are not delivering for Pompey. Is it because t

bluekite
20-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a line from the Vicar of Dibley!!!
Totally agree with the comments, I would add in send back the waste of money loanees that will prove nothing for us or themselves in the final two games... it might offset a few of the season tickets that won't be renewed next year (unless a stunning new managerial appointment fires up the fan interest)

nonsuchmike
26-04-2015, 12:43 PM
I thought we had sent some of the loanees back already. Obviously my thought has preceded the actual deed.

I am impressed by Whaddock giving playing time to new blood, and also being brave enough to bring back old favourites to see what they can do this late in the season. It certainly worked @ Mansfield, although we were lucky to be playing against 10 men for 88 of the 90 minutes.

Our strikers, or free scoring midfielders, whatever we call them (ha, ha, what a euphemism - strikers!), had better get their collective fingers out and play with aplomb in the final fixture, otherwise any new Pompey Manager next term is going to look at our goals to matches ratio this season and clear 'em ALL out PDQ after his/her appointment.

Similarly, the slack/non-existent marking which has hallmarked our home performances this year had better be shelved even if it means saying something like: "lose this one and you're on yer way, son" to several of the defensive unit.

Midfield? What a joke! Can't s